The online racing simulator
DFP idea
(12 posts, started )
DFP idea
I find it a little annoying that when I change car in LFS I have to go to the Wingman software and change the degrees of rotation to match.
Is it possible to write a little app to run in the background that would "listen" to LFS for car changes and "talk" to the Wingman software to change the rotation automatically?
Id look into it myself but its a bit out of my league at the moment, I dont even know if its possible, hence the question
The LFS end is quite possible, and the wingman settings are stored in a file. so it is doable but weather it could work as instantly (and unbuggily) as you'd like.

I've had to stick with 540 as a compromise
Quote from mantis9 :I find it a little annoying that when I change car in LFS I have to go to the Wingman software and change the degrees of rotation to match.
Is it possible to write a little app to run in the background that would "listen" to LFS for car changes and "talk" to the Wingman software to change the rotation automatically?
Id look into it myself but its a bit out of my league at the moment, I dont even know if its possible, hence the question

i would love for someone to do that also. but.. do we have any coders willing?\
*cough*kegetys*cough*
Quote from Gabkicks :*cough*kegetys*cough*

If you can donate a DFP for me then I might think about it
It's just the wingman software i think you need, adjustable even on 270 wheels.

sorry no DFP for you
i think he would still need a dfp just to make sure it works. i think sending the file back and forth between someone would get tiring. but maybe not?
It already does the job. Set the Wingman profiler to 720 degrees, set the rotation in LFS to 720 degrees, wheel turn compensation all the way over to the right (1) and LFS automatically gives you the rotation required for each car.
Doesn't he already have a DFP?
i dont think you understand,
he wants it to do it for each car. like the formula cars have a lock of 450. ad the roadcars +ufr xfr have 720, and the gtrs have 540, and mrt has 180. We want to feel the ffb change for each car.
Quote from Gabkicks :i dont think you understand,
he wants it to do it for each car. like the formula cars have a lock of 450. ad the roadcars +ufr xfr have 720, and the gtrs have 540, and mrt has 180. We want to feel the ffb change for each car.

Which it does. The only thing you don't get is the FF 'stop' at the end of the various rotations.
and thats what we want, lol:doh:
Quote from Gabkicks :and thats what we want, lol:doh:

Aaah. I missed that bit.
Yeah, there seems to be anecdotal evidence that the FF is somehow 'better' when you set the rotations manually and have wheel turn compensation at 0, than when you have everything at 720 with WTC at 1.
Personally I couldnt really tell the difference.

DFP idea
(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG