The online racing simulator
Quote :Mild backpedaling with a hint of stubbornness and vain pursuit

anyone else apreciate the irony of putting somethign that was never actuayl said or implied in qoutes?
This whole thread's going downhill quicker than an XFG at Blackwood without a handbrake...
Quote from Electrik Kar :This whole thread's going downhill like an XFG at Blackwood without a handbrake...

sorry bobby and sam but i had to give props ... made my day
Quote from KeiichiRX7 :anyone else appreciate the irony of putting something that was never actually said or implied in quotes?

Nope, but I love how you avoid a direct argument and completely shoot off topic without actually saying anything that contributes to the discussion.

PS. I really hope English isn't your first language.

EDIT: Hmmm, maybe I should have some more fun with this.

"Anyone else"? What, you want other people to make your argument for you? By the way, you should look up the difference between "argument" and "quarrel" - argument is what was going on here before you came along and is perfectly fine.

"Irony"? You should look up irony too mate, there's none here even if you have a point in the remainder of your malformed sentence. Not that you have a point as Jeff demonstrated below.

By the way, is your attention span that bad that you can't stay on topic for a single post?
Quote from KeiichiRX7 :anyone else apreciate the irony of putting somethign that was never actuayl said or implied in qoutes?

Nice post. Inappropriate use of the word "irony" sprinkled with simple words spelled incorrectly purely out of mental laziness.

Since it seems to have gone over your head, allow me to explain:
I merely condensed your inflated ramblings into a brief description of your actions to save bandwidth. (I'm certain that there is a monthly limit of hot air allowed to be passed through this forum, and quoting you verbatim would only detract from someone else's right to post crap.)

Allow me to illustrate:

mild backpedaling:
Quote :Actually, I was refering to the state of things here in america with that comment, and neglected to proofread the post. Here I have a choice of whether to bite the bullet and appologize, simply sluff off the typo, or point to a more educated person on the topic.

stubbornness:
Quote :
As for the last quote, I've pulled this from the "silent majority" observation from watchign people around me. The majority of people don't speak up and according to statistics, don't agree with the loud-mouths. Just because most of the people HERE are bitching about not liking the starts doesnt mean that the majority of teh active players arent perfectly happy with it.

vain pursuit:
Quote :
big stats post

*note: Again, I've condensed long ramblings into few words. It's also decidedly not ironic that you didn't outright say "big stats post". You did, however, make a big post about silly stats.

I hope this clears things up for you.
Forgive me if my spelling immediately after climbing out of bed isn't the greatest, but isn't your post off topic as well? Very much a case of the pot calling the kettle black.

As far as responding to his points there really isn't all that much to respond to. He explained himself on the first point. He hasn't noticed the connection between the group and the viewpoint, thus laughing at the viewpoint is laughing at the group. We agree on the 3rd point. And his 4th quote made me chuckle a bit because it isn't a quote at all, but implicative of something that hasn't happened. I have no intention of backing down.

For the most part the people i have talked to (idly, not as part of my survey) have been perfectly happy to have a new feature, rather than irked that it activates thier handbrake.

Admitting an error in proof reading does not equate to retraction.

I was asked for statistics and produced a rough approximation, skewed in fact in favor of you guys, for the sake of arguement. Showing your work hardly makes it a vain pursuit, a mathematics teacher does this every day to explain new concepts to students, as well as how to with given data come to a conclusion.
Your own blind defense of your own stance reminds me very much of oval drivers defending thier kind of racing. So far I've been pretty obliging with my own points and still disagree with yours on the topic.

As for a daily limit of hot air, by that rule shouldn't cue-ball be limited as well? It can't be easy to breathe going on like that.

Now then, time to go earn a living.
Alright, seemingly you can't follow an argument, so I'll give it to you one teaspoon at a time.

Quote from KeiichiRX7 :As far as responding to his points there really isn't all that much to respond to. He explained himself on the first point. He hasn't noticed the connection between the group and the viewpoint, thus laughing at the viewpoint is laughing at the group.

Wrong, that's where an argument and a quarrel differ. In an argument, both parties are mature enough to see one-another's perspectives. On the other hand, quarrels turn into a bunch of personal insults and rantings - like you are demonstrating here.

Quote :We agree on the 3rd point.

Good for you. It's just a shame it has nothing to do with the topic.

Quote :And his 4th quote made me chuckle a bit because it isn't a quote at all, but implicative of something that hasn't happened. I have no intention of backing down.

So far, your only point is that the general consensus of the entire community might (or might not) not be expressed by the consensus in this thread... which is barely saying anything at all because it's blindingly obvious to begin with and Scawen knows this. And Jeff already completely pummeled that point into the ground by pointing out that LFS is a niche product to begin with, thus the party that comes up with better arguments ought to win the debate.

Quote :For the most part the people i have talked to (idly, not as part of my survey) have been perfectly happy to have a new feature, rather than irked that it activates thier handbrake.

Most people were really happy with the physics patch last April. Does that mean that nothing can be done to improve physics now?

As for the fact that these posts are pretty much useless to the discussion, that much is true. We're just trying to get you to stop bickering and make your point if you have one or leave the discussion.
My point's been made.

Most people are quite grateful to have the new feature. Not upset with the "Auto Handbrake"

Is it perfect? No it isn't.

Is there anything "wrong" with it as it is? No, there really isn't. Wanna be able to disengage the E-brake manually before the start? Sure, why not.

Should the current functionality be left in there for those that don't have the buttons/axes to spare for an e-brake button/lever? Deffinitely

What's irked me most about this whole thread wasn't the requested feature, it was the complaintive nature of it. The feature is being developed, if it's not perfect so what? It's Scavier's sim project, we paid to be beta testers. If we don't like the way Scawen Roberts wants to program his simulator software, we can all go straight to hell (myself included). The final decision is his, complaining like a child that's been denied the deluxe version of a toy complaining to thier mother. The only opinion that matters is the one of he who holds the final decision, though that opinion might take the thoughts of others into account.

This whole thread is over a moot point. Scawen said in no uncertain terms "NO".
For crying out loud. I'm sick of this thread. Having an argument and continue that kind of rambling for just for sake of it is sad.

I'm off and wouldn't mind if this was locked.
*steve irwin voice*And there goes the angry child storming off to his room

Having an arguement for the sake of it? That's been what this was from the start! Scawen said "NO" and this group ontinued arguing for it like the decision had not been made yet.
Discussion doesn't mean the same as arguing. There are arguments in a discussion, but just it's different than bitcing and moaning about something or calling people with names...or taking the "oh oh oh I'm a victim, you racist I'm an American oh oh"-card.

How long does it take to get a thread locked here nowdays...
Without dissimilar view points discussions cannot be had.

Actually, I just wanted answers on that. After I got my answers I moved on. You seem to be the only ones that continue after getting your answers.
I meant that previous moan about the continuing the arguing for both parties.
And as you jumped on me, I did the same, misunderstanding really. Sorry.
Quote from KeiichiRX7 :*steve irwin voice*And there goes the angry child storming off to his room

Your attempt at being condescending is cute. It's quite easy to take something out of context and mock it, as you have done, which is why I don't like breaking posts up when I respond to something but sometimes I just have to.

Quote :Having an arguement for the sake of it? That's been what this was from the start! Scawen said "NO" and this group ontinued arguing for it like the decision had not been made yet.

Let's face it, some fair points have been made in this thread, at least enough to make this an optional aid. The rest of the thread has been about how to best counter the issues created by this option. I don't see a problem. From your responses, I'd think you read half the thread and started bitching.
I've been following the thread from the first day. Some things I agree with, others I am completely at odds with.

One thing's been proven at least. Because of the lag and short time that the driver is NOT in control of thier car it SHOULD be at least temporarily held before being released into the control of the driver. Not that Scawen is going to change his mind just because this thread has come to an agreement on how we would do it if we were making our OWN sim.
Quote from KeiichiRX7 :My point's been made.

Most people are quite grateful to have the new feature. Not upset with the "Auto Handbrake"

Is it perfect? No it isn't.

Is there anything "wrong" with it as it is? No, there really isn't. Wanna be able to disengage the E-brake manually before the start? Sure, why not.

Should the current functionality be left in there for those that don't have the buttons/axes to spare for an e-brake button/lever? Deffinitely

What's irked me most about this whole thread wasn't the requested feature, it was the complaintive nature of it. The feature is being developed, if it's not perfect so what? It's Scavier's sim project, we paid to be beta testers. If we don't like the way Scawen Roberts wants to program his simulator software, we can all go straight to hell (myself included). The final decision is his, complaining like a child that's been denied the deluxe version of a toy complaining to thier mother. The only opinion that matters is the one of he who holds the final decision, though that opinion might take the thoughts of others into account.

This whole thread is over a moot point. Scawen said in no uncertain terms "NO".

Again you seem to know what other people think. You don't know and never have known. Your later commment about child storming off... Actually it is all about you, with the difference that you are stil here.

To be honest this thread was fine until you came along. Wish you hadn't. You have brought nothing new to this thread, all your "ideas" had been suggested already and we could have been better off without your self-centered bs.

How about shut up?
How about "no". I was conversing quite maturely with Blackout.

As for Scawen saying no, one of the posters on the first page had this to say:

Quote from deggis :And sorry for causing (?) that test patch thread locking

My points are that that the automatic handbrake release should be removed because it would be a small step closer to realism, it would bring tiny extra aspect to the start. In my opinion it doesn't matter do we have at this point better clutch or stalling, but once we have auto handbrake will not fit that picture... it would have to be removed anyway at some point.

Scawen said NO because it causes total carnage at BL GP starts - but how does that that happen? You would still have the handbrake automatically toggled in the start - only thing you need to do is release it manually. (I'm suspicious did Scawen misunderstand the whole idea!?)

This whole thing also made me think about devs' goals regarding (S3) realism in general. LFS is very hardcore what comes to tyre physics and so on but everytime these "arcade-style" aspects are on the table (for example lots of people are also against removing of the space reset, Patch W9 introduced that too) those things somehow become "playability issues" or something.

edit

looks a lot like someone else agrees with me that he said "no"
Quote from KeiichiRX7 :Forgive me if my spelling immediately after climbing out of bed isn't the greatest

What does climbing out of bed have to do with spelling? Posting nonsense is one thing, but posting nonsense in semi-literate fashion is really not becoming. Being a troll may affect your sleep patterns though, so in your case I would also recommend finding a bridge to sleep under. Perhaps sleeping in your proper habitat would improve your morning literacy and comprehension abilities.

Quote :Admitting an error in proof reading does not equate to retraction.

So even though you're aware of the error you're not retracting the statement?

Quote :I was asked for statistics and produced a rough approximation

You were asked for a JPG file or, preferrably, a power point presentation. You failed to produce either of these: 0/10.

Quote :As for a daily limit of hot air, by that rule shouldn't cue-ball be limited as well? It can't be easy to breathe going on like that.

Nice attempt to drag someone else into your mindless blatherings. I'm sure he breathes just fine. What can't be easy however is looking at your reflection in the water under your bridge first thing in the morning and seeing that you're still a hopeless troll spewing trash. Perhaps that occurance is what mentally affects you to the point where you can't spell?

Quote from KeiichiRX7 :My point's been made.

Excellent news, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Quote :Most people are quite grateful to have the new feature. Not upset with the "Auto Handbrake"

Who said anything about not being grateful for the new feature? Erm, pardon me, I forgot about your magic troll powers for a second. Clearly you know what everyone thinks.... again.... Were you born with this ability or is it learned?

Quote :The only opinion that matters is the one of he who holds the final decision, though that opinion might take the thoughts of others into account.

That's a dreadfully impressive circular argument. I suppose that was thought of first thing in the morning?

Quote from KeiichiRX7 :Without dissimilar view points discussions cannot be had.

Yet another early morning revelation? I'm quite certain that I've had discussions about things I agree with others on at some point in life. Perhaps even on a regular basis! However, given your troll-brain, the fact that you would hold this view makes perfect sense.

Quote from KeiichiRX7 :One thing's been proven at least. Because of the lag and short time that the driver is NOT in control of thier car it SHOULD be at least temporarily held before being released into the control of the driver.

Thank you for reitterating a point we figured out long before you poked your troll beard through the door.

Quote :Not that Scawen is going to change his mind just because this thread has come to an agreement on how we would do it if we were making our OWN sim.

You mean you can read Scawen's mind too? Is there no limit to these powers of yours? All hail the mind reading troll! Putting your perceived omniscience aside, note that this board is a place to discuss amongst ourselves. I fail to see where our right to speak to each other about any LFS feature was revoked. Get it out of your thick skull (or rather troll equivalent of a skull) that we're badgering Scawen about this idea. If he happens to read it and considering any of it, fine. If not, that's fine too. Stop putting agendas into people's heads.

Quote from Hyperactive :To be honest this thread was fine until you came along. Wish you hadn't. You have brought nothing new to this thread, all your "ideas" had been suggested already and we could have been better off without your self-centered bs. How about shut up?

Spot on.

Quote from KeiichiRX7 :How about "no". I was conversing quite maturely with Blackout.

Since you had difficulty with the concept of irony previously, please note your quote and see if you can find the irony in it. Maturity would be admitting that you've been a grotesque troll in this entire thread, and making a hasty exit to go sit under your bridge and think about what you've done.
You know, you hit me right on the head with the stubborn comment. I quite like this thread.

Of course, I didn't retract the statement because the ammendment to it was made in a following post, get with the program. If I'm just a dumb troll you should be able to keep up with me.

The powerpoint presentation is in the works, thanks very much to my own stubbornness.

Wow, you can be an ass even when I agree. Absolutely uncanny.

This thread was fine before someone hit the "New Thread" button. The Test patch forum was closed for a reason. In fact this whole thread has been suggested before if we want to nitpick. Anyone else move to close/delete and call it a wash? j/k

The one that resorted to name-calling hardly gets to call himself mature. Whilst attempting to probe your brain for your thoughts, I found it quite impossible. I suppose a flat line is hard to interpret.
Quote from KeiichiRX7 :You know, you hit me right on the head with the stubborn comment.

First you mock my internet psychology abilities, and now you concede that I was correct. Ambivalence pervades the unstable troll I see...

Quote :I quite like this thread.

Of course you do, you chose it for your self centred attention whoring rubbish behaviour.

Quote :Of course, I didn't retract the statement because the ammendment to it was made in a following post, get with the program. If I'm just a dumb troll you should be able to keep up with me.

No, you didn't retract it simpy because you're stubborn - even by your own admission. Since your "logic" originated in the troll brain, it's not surprizing I was unable to follow it. It's easy for dumb trolls (again by your own admission) to lose me in their train of pseudo-thought simply because the troll idea is not compatible with that of humans. Therefore, it's also not a shock that you don't understand us humans to well either. You also blab an awful lot for a being a "dumb" troll. Thanks for the compliment though!

Quote :The powerpoint presentation is in the works, thanks very much to my own stubbornness.

Alas, it's doubtful that I'll be able to comprehend it for the reasons stated above.

Quote :Wow, you can be an ass even when I agree. Absolutely uncanny.

What's uncanny is that you've been asked numerous times to return to the bridge from whence you came, but you still return with luckluster posts. I wonder which one of us is being an ass? Note that asses are notorious for being stubborn, a character flaw which you've already admitted to possessing. The facts do add up.

Quote :This thread was fine before someone hit the "New Thread" button.

Is it morning in your timezone again?

Quote :Whilst attempting to probe your brain for your thoughts, I found it quite impossible. I suppose a flat line is hard to interpret.

Interesting. Earlier in the thread you seemed to know exactly what I was thinking, so your "probing" worked previously; or so you portrayed. Perhaps your equipment needs repair?
You might want to have your equipment checked too, since you claim to know my own reasons for everything. It's terribly out of calibration!

Quite frankly I havent seen you add anything new to this thread either in the last couple pages, so if you want to champion a cause, feel free.

Some people are however just worth pissing off because they take themselves so seriously.
Quote from KeiichiRX7 :Some people are however just worth pissing off because they take themselves so seriously.

You single-handedly forced this thread into a flame-war and pretty much forced everyone out of it because you refused to stop posting when you had nothing to contribute, so that statement is a little rich.
Quote from KeiichiRX7 :What's irked me most about this whole thread wasn't the requested feature, it was the complaintive nature of it.

Nobody is complaining. We are just offering our thoughts along with possible ways to address the problem so that everyone is satisfied. It's called constructive criticism. If the changes make us happy and are just as easy as the current system, then why not discuss them?

Quote :The feature is being developed, if it's not perfect so what? It's Scavier's sim project, we paid to be beta testers. If we don't like the way Scawen Roberts wants to program his simulator software, we can all go straight to hell (myself included).

I think Scawen is smart enough to listen to his customers. The end decision is his, but we want to be happy with the product, and I think he wants us to be happy with it as well.

Quote :The only opinion that matters is the one of he who holds the final decision, though that opinion might take the thoughts of others into account.

Exactly! If we don't make our opinons known, how is he supposed to take them into account?

Quote :This whole thread is over a moot point. Scawen said in no uncertain terms "NO".

I seem to recall that he said the same thing about skidmarks...

Now, please stay on topic and quit with the rants and personal attacks.
Cue-ball, never thought I would agree with you about anything.

Just take the answer you've got for now, and hope for the best later. He might have something else planned. We might never get what you want, which wouldn't really be so bad as it has been made out to be in this thread. But then again sometimes mom refuses to buy you a toy, because she's already got it wrapped under the tree.

Who knows?
Right then.

I would like to take this opportunity to apologize both to KeiichiRX7 and to the others in this thread for my flame posts. I should've excercised self control and resisted the urge to respond, but I did not. Whilst I will continue to vehemently disagree with the premise with which KeiichiRX7 joined this thread and his views expressed, and the manner in which he expressed them; I will henceforth cease all personal attack towards him. I will still respect him as a fellow LFSer both on and off the track.

I would only ask of KeiichiRX7 that he consider the possibility that he has terribly misinterpreted the intents of the posters in this thread, and note that noone is picketing on Scawen's lawn regarding these ideas. We are here simply to talk in friendly (albeit now & then heated, but still friendly) fashion about our thoughts regarding this excellent sim that brings us all together with a common interest: racing / cars / driving.

Auto handbrake discussion
(231 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG