The online racing simulator
ill drive sc
#28 - Jakg
Quote from duke_toaster :Yes, it can be REALLY fantastic. Fantasticly dull.

the battling is actually quite fun, although if your not then its a little dull i'll agree
Quote from Jakg :the battling is actually quite fun, although if your not then its a little dull i'll agree

agree
I'm for the SO long ! why to change? it was in plan ,so why?
nothing is being changed dont worry
I hope backmarkers will be observant enough to know when to move over/slow down, as this combo can hit back really hard if done suddenly and on awkward places.

It is the lapping cars responsibility to do so in a safe manner, yes. But SO Long is narrow and have sharp enough corners for the backmarkers them selfs to cause problems.

I hope I don't sound arrogant, but I am concerned about safety on this combo.

Good luck guys.. I'm looking forward to this race

Edit: "bark markers"? lol
I know I'll be watching my mirrors but also for you fast guys please also remember this track can bite if us slow guys are watching our mirrors we may hit a wall and then take you out too....point is this is a tough hard track and 4 hrs is a long time, we all need to use our heads
Can we all agree that the Three longish 'straightaways' are the Safest opportunities to yield to blue flags?

Depending on tire/traffic/etc conditions going off line through most of Sector 1, end of Sector 2 there just isn't enough room for clean overtaking without needless risks.
Quote from r4ptor : when to move over/slow down

It is the lapping car responsibility to do so in a safe manner, yes. But SO Long is narrow and have sharp enough corners for the backmarkers them selfs to cause problems.

I hope the lapping cars will keep this in mind as well. Especially with bumps, high curbs, and manhole covers, I don't expect Blue Flagged drivers to immediately swing off the racing regardless of where they are on track. Within a 3rd of a lap there will almost always be a safe place to pass, just remember.
One suggestion from me, use your indicators to indicate which direction YOU will move in. For example if you're on the left side of the track and about to be lapped, turn on the LEFT indicator and slow down.
this needs to be adoped as a standard
Quote from Leifde :One suggestion from me, use your indicators to indicate which direction YOU will move in. For example if you're on the left side of the track and about to be lapped, turn on the LEFT indicator and slow down.

I disagree. My keyboard is nowhere near my wheel when I'm racing, and my G25 doesn't have buttons close to my hands that can be hotwired. I'm not going to take my hands off the wheel to fumble around the keyboard while driving.

Its not realistic either. This is a race, not a trackday.

I will make a clear movement to one side of the road or the other, but there is no way I, or many others, could effectively implement turn signals.
I have mine set to my paddles since I'm using my sequential stick (I have a DFP). I know the G25 doesn't have many buttons on the wheel so it's kinda not an option for those with G25s.
Yes, of course. Using the indicators would make it easier for everyone to see what is going to happen.

Personally, I won't yield for lappers before I am in a place on the track where I feel it's safe to do so. There are no point in making a crash while trying to let someone past.

I am looking forward to the race, and I hope that we won't see too many crashes and yellow flags
Quote from srdsprinter :I hope the lapping cars will keep this in mind as well. Especially with bumps, high curbs, and manhole covers, I don't expect Blue Flagged drivers to immediately swing off the racing regardless of where they are on track. Within a 3rd of a lap there will almost always be a safe place to pass, just remember.

Which is exactly why I wrote in the first place - to make ppl aware that they don't have to or rather shouldn't move/brake as soon as the lapping car gets near, but rather do it when it's safe - moving/braking suddenly is not even a smart thing to do on wider tracks.

It is just too risky in allot of places - so my concerned was directed towards odd moves at odd places :P
Quote from r4ptor :Which is exactly why I wrote in the first place - to make ppl aware that they don't have to or rather shouldn't move/brake as soon as the lapping car gets near, but rather do it when it's safe - moving/braking suddenly is not even a smart thing to do on wider tracks.

It is just too risky in allot of places - so my concerned was directed towards odd moves at odd places :P

Right. When i read your previous post the first time i misread it. I thought it was directed towards the blue flaged driver. On re-reading, we both are in agreement. If everybody keeps a cool head it will all be fine out there. Good Luck to all!
yes, lapped drivers please understand that there are others in the race so move over SAFELY, as for indicating, you dont need to if it is not possible for you
No No No oval must stay!
ovals staying this season.
I move on straight to side then some overlap me ,it's normal . I try to make it for the faster driver easy to lap me.

So make we a good clean race all ..Good luck today.
Good luck all hope we have a good race today.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG