The online racing simulator
Incompatible **TEST** Patch W10
(205 posts, closed, started )
I think the current master server based balancing is done by weight because they already have the weight thing built into the car physics model in the form of passengers. Scawen said that the weight thing is a temporary fix handled by the master server while they work on the more permanent solution in Patch X that will be handled by the program.
I think the balancing will in the future also be with additonal weight. Because the car was created with realistic values and changing it later isn´t good or everytime wrong .
But the weight will in the future managed from the client and is also availible in singleplayer and hotlaps.
When I go on a server, and there are many people, it will lose connection after not being able to receive all messages from the players. I never had this before, was on the experimental stcc server.
Awesome Job, alot of improvements Everything working fine and stable here.

I'm happy to see the Weight Handicap making it in, alot of real Racing leagues use that. But the Aerodynamic Handicap is rather useless and unrealistic, making it more complicated than needed IMHO.

I think a Handicap that can be decided by the Server for certain type of cars or drivers is fine without Aero Handicaps.
Quote from George Kuyumji :Awesome Job, alot of improvements Everything working fine and stable here.

I'm happy to see the Weight Handicap making it in, alot of real Racing leagues use that. But the Aerodynamic Handicap is rather useless and unrealistic, making it more complicated than needed IMHO.

I think a Handicap that can be decided by the Server for certain type of cars or drivers is fine without Aero Handicaps.

Aero handicap?
ups it is a air restrictor? The first option in Handicaps. Did not want to take it to much off topic
I did some thorough testing tonight about the false start system in single player.

I came up to the conclusion that although the time between the last red lights and the green lights varies, if you are looking at the text countdown timer you can almost 10 out of 10 times predict when the green lights will light.

When I was not looking at the text counter I couldn predict the green lights though.

So, is it just my impression, or the text counter isn't randomized also and just spoils this new feature?
Quote from sgt.flippy :When I go on a server, and there are many people, it will lose connection after not being able to receive all messages from the players. I never had this before, was on the experimental stcc server.

I think I am having a similar issue. I believe it has been since W9 was released. I can no longer connect to any UK servers it seems (I'm guessing it is UK servers, but can't be positive). I get "Did not receive guest info. Lost connection to host" message every time I've tried to log onto many servers. This is definitely the STCC, Conedodgers, RedLine Racing, GentlefootV8Racing, and the Caribbean Cruise servers which I believe to all be in the UK. I have no problems with the servers I know are in the US, and I've connected to VERY high ping servers in Australia (450 ms), so I know it's not a ping problem.

I have pinged via the command prompt, liveforspeed.net and ukct.com with no issues (using the ping -n 20 command to ping a consecutive 20 times). I have not changed anything on the computer and nothing has been downloaded. I don't nor does my wife surf much on this computer generally. I mainly race LFS and visit the forums here, basically the same as I've been doing for 2 years.

I am on 56k dialup, but have never had a problem in 2 years. Now, I haven't been able to connect since Monday April 16th (I think that is when W9 was released?). As I said, it appears to be UK servers. Many that I can't connect to I know are in the UK. Currently at the moment, there are 19 servers showing, and I can only connect to 10 of them (patch W). The same was with W9 and is with W10 that I can't get into seemingly UK servers (STCC W10 test server).

Has anything changed with the W test patches that would affect my connection to the UK? Like I said, I am on 56k dialup, but have never had a problem in 2+ years until the W test patches came about. Pings to the servers have not differed from what the were before this started and pinging through the command prompt to known UK sites do not have strange results.

Oh yea, it does not matter how many people are on the server. I can't connect to Caribbean Cruisers that currently shows 14/23 nor can I connect to STCC2 Silver and Gold which shows 2/11 connections. And as I said, it is in all 3 versions, W, W9, and W10 as well as S1 servers that the STCC has. I just attempted a few demo servers, (LFS)Chile Drift (which I was immediately vote banned upon entry, LOL) that I assume is in Chile and quite a high ping, but I can't guess which demo servers are in the UK. Ah ha, Team APEXI Racing is a demo server I can't connect to. No idea if this is UK or not.
Quote from Becky Rose :@Scawen: Sorry Scawen, but it is reproduceable everytime: Fe Green, full field of AI + me, W10, a no cut layout, 2 laps, watch replay until it finishes and then press escape for menu and then click start race.

I tried the same thing but it doesnt do what you have described on my system.
#135 - hda
Quote from mrodgers :I think I am having a similar issue. I believe it has been since W9 was released. I can no longer connect to any UK servers it seems (I'm guessing it is UK servers, but can't be positive). I get "Did not receive guest info. Lost connection to host" message every time I've tried to log onto many servers. This is definitely the STCC, Conedodgers, RedLine Racing, GentlefootV8Racing, and the Caribbean Cruise servers which I believe to all be in the UK. I have no problems with the servers I know are in the US, and I've connected to VERY high ping servers in Australia (450 ms), so I know it's not a ping problem.

I have pinged via the command prompt, liveforspeed.net and ukct.com with no issues (using the ping -n 20 command to ping a consecutive 20 times). I have not changed anything on the computer and nothing has been downloaded. I don't nor does my wife surf much on this computer generally. I mainly race LFS and visit the forums here, basically the same as I've been doing for 2 years.

I am on 56k dialup, but have never had a problem in 2 years. Now, I haven't been able to connect since Monday April 16th (I think that is when W9 was released?). As I said, it appears to be UK servers. Many that I can't connect to I know are in the UK. Currently at the moment, there are 19 servers showing, and I can only connect to 10 of them (patch W). The same was with W9 and is with W10 that I can't get into seemingly UK servers (STCC W10 test server).

Has anything changed with the W test patches that would affect my connection to the UK? Like I said, I am on 56k dialup, but have never had a problem in 2+ years until the W test patches came about. Pings to the servers have not differed from what the were before this started and pinging through the command prompt to known UK sites do not have strange results.

Oh yea, it does not matter how many people are on the server. I can't connect to Caribbean Cruisers that currently shows 14/23 nor can I connect to STCC2 Silver and Gold which shows 2/11 connections. And as I said, it is in all 3 versions, W, W9, and W10 as well as S1 servers that the STCC has. I just attempted a few demo servers, (LFS)Chile Drift (which I was immediately vote banned upon entry, LOL) that I assume is in Chile and quite a high ping, but I can't guess which demo servers are in the UK. Ah ha, Team APEXI Racing is a demo server I can't connect to. No idea if this is UK or not.

ok i've re-read the post and noticed "And as I said, it is in all 3 versions, W, W9, and W10 as well as S1 servers that the STCC has" so ignore my previous post
Quote from hda :are you sure you're trying to connect to w9/w10 servers? redline isn't using that patch and w9 and w10 patches are incompatible with w

I had the same error a few times in a row on the stcc servers too, I closed down lfs, came to say it here, and when I tried again I got on. So it doesn't have anything to do with what server you're trying to go to. Besides, the servers that don't use w10 don't even get listed.
Quote from hda :are you sure you're trying to connect to w9/w10 servers? redline isn't using that patch and w9 and w10 patches are incompatible with previous ones

Quote from sgt.flippy :I had the same error a few times in a row on the stcc servers too, I closed down lfs, came to say it here, and when I tried again I got on. So it doesn't have anything to do with what server you're trying to go to. Besides, the servers that don't use w10 don't even get listed.

Ok guys, if you would please step up to the front of the class here....

Just kidding guys

Just to be clear, I do have 2 copies of LFS. I have patch W which I cannot join the STCC, Redline, etc and I have W10 which I can't connect to (patched my W9 copy up to W10). Before W10, I was having problems with the W9 as well.

I did have it twice that I was able to connect to STCC this week after probably 20 attempts. After racing and after I left, I immediately tried to reenter the server and had the error again.

Posting this in another thread, SamH did say there was a problem over in the UK with the hub the STCC and several others are on. Thus I pinged the servers throught the command prompt to see if anything strange showed up there, which didn't. The fact that it seemed to start happening around the same time I think W9 was released, and the fact that it's been a week now of this problem led me to post here in case it was something to do with the patch. Since there has been changes within LFS for the increased allowable connections, I wanted to post here in case there was something changed that caused my "did not receive guest info".
I think my problem with steering was something on my end, sorry. It seems to be fixed now.
Quote from George Kuyumji :ups it is a air restrictor? The first option in Handicaps. Did not want to take it to much off topic

it's a engine air intake restrictor, many race series use it.
Quote from mrodgers :Ok guys, if you would please step up to the front of the class here....

Just kidding guys

Just to be clear, I do have 2 copies of LFS. I have patch W which I cannot join the STCC, Redline, etc and I have W10 which I can't connect to (patched my W9 copy up to W10). Before W10, I was having problems with the W9 as well.

I did have it twice that I was able to connect to STCC this week after probably 20 attempts. After racing and after I left, I immediately tried to reenter the server and had the error again.

Posting this in another thread, SamH did say there was a problem over in the UK with the hub the STCC and several others are on. Thus I pinged the servers throught the command prompt to see if anything strange showed up there, which didn't. The fact that it seemed to start happening around the same time I think W9 was released, and the fact that it's been a week now of this problem led me to post here in case it was something to do with the patch. Since there has been changes within LFS for the increased allowable connections, I wanted to post here in case there was something changed that caused my "did not receive guest info".

I have noticed 2 times this thing, but i have another similar error too:
when i try to join a server, sometimes (happened with W,V and U too, from what i remembered), after the track loading it does not allow you to enter saying something like "another player is already joining the server"
If i wait some seconds, then i can reconnect and join without any problem.
However, if it is not a bug, is at least a strange way of managing new connections to a server.

P.S: sorry for advicing it only now, but i have just realized that it could be a bug instead of a wanted thing
thanks for the test patch, it is great, but i dont like the false start
Quote from SpaceMarineITA : it does not allow you to enter saying something like "another player is already joining the server"
If i wait some seconds, then i can reconnect and join without any problem.

P.S: sorry for advicing it only now, but i have just realized that it could be a bug instead of a wanted thing

I would say its not a bug but a feature.I has been like that for ages.I know its sometimes annoying but when you reconnect 1-2 sec later its fine.Dont see a big problem with that.
replay oos error
After 1 lap spr race (me+19 AIs) I got "replay oos error" in 3:39 and replay stops playing. A had a unintentional pitstop after race in time +-3:39. For reproduce this, watch my car after finish in TV camera mode, I tried chase view after and no error occured.

replay: http://data2.edisk.cz/stahni/9 ... oos_error.zip_2.15MB.html
(wait 25s and then click green button "STAHNOUT SOUBOR"
Pablo,
thats weird.I got with your SPR file replay OOS at 37.77 with wheel view.

EDIT:Thats getting even more weird.I tried to play that file from wheel view again but now got OOS replay not at 37.77 but at 55.69.This is really strange.
Attached images
Image00001.jpg
Quote from Scawen :Single player now allows up to 20 ai cars (powerful pc needed)

I can confirm that with my old computer (Sempron 2200+) the race became a slide show with 20 AI selected. With my new comp (after the price drop not very expensive Athlon x2 4800+) 20 AI cars is no problem. I think it might do 28 AI easily in fact.
#146 - dev
I get those random minimizations with W9/W10.... every half hour or so the game just minimizes itself...
Quote from PLAYLIFE :I can confirm that with my old computer (Sempron 2200+) the race became a slide show with 20 AI selected. With my new comp (after the price drop not very expensive Athlon x2 4800+) 20 AI cars is no problem. I think it might do 28 AI easily in fact.

Due to lack of dual core support you should get the same performance with an A64 3800+ which is maybe only 2 times as fast as the Sempron 2200+.
Quote from Pablo.CZ :After 1 lap spr race (me+19 AIs) I got "replay oos error" in 3:39 and replay stops playing. A had a unintentional pitstop after race in time +-3:39. For reproduce this, watch my car after finish in TV camera mode, I tried chase view after and no error occured.

replay: http://data2.edisk.cz/stahni/9 ... oos_error.zip_2.15MB.html
(wait 25s and then click green button "STAHNOUT SOUBOR"

I'm, getting the OOS also on 3:39
Possible bug with W10:

Load up LFS, single player any track/config/car combo.
Enter Shift+U
Place an object, place another
Delete the second object
Try to place another

LFS will not allow another object to be placed.

Tried saving, returning to lobby and reloading track, re-entering Shift+U but still LFS refuses to let an object be placed.

Reproducable here each time.

Please ignore if not important at this time.
Quote from KMSpeed :I did some thorough testing tonight about the false start system in single player.

I came up to the conclusion that although the time between the last red lights and the green lights varies, if you are looking at the text countdown timer you can almost 10 out of 10 times predict when the green lights will light.

When I was not looking at the text counter I couldn predict the green lights though.

So, is it just my impression, or the text counter isn't randomized also and just spoils this new feature?

Could be... but... where is the text counter? Do you just mean the text counter you see in autocross? Or can a text counter appear at any other time - in normal single player and multiplayer races? It should be that you can only see the start lights and the virtual start lights - and the time between the last red and the green varies from 1 to 3 seconds.
This thread is closed

Incompatible **TEST** Patch W10
(205 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG