The online racing simulator
throttle stays at 50%?
(12 posts, started )
throttle stays at 50%?
If you are driving the lx6 (only car i had time to test it with) in test patch W9, and in any gear other then first, while holding the throttle down, half way up the rpms, shift 1 gear lower, the throttle will go to 50%, and stay there. I dont know if this is fixed, or if it is just me, but it should not be like that.
Can you confirm if this only works with the W9/W10 test patches, or with plain W as well?
i cant confirm anything right now, i only found out about it last night and i had to leave right after. When i get back home i will test it some more and get some replays or something.
It is when you dont clutch, whilst changing down, whist braking, and i find it happens about 80% of the time when i dont clutch for whatever reason. But i can say for sure its a pain in the butt. To cure it just clutch and you should be fine.
Can you try to describe the steps to get this again, because I cannot reproduce this. What wheel setup do you have? H-gate shifter, sequential, paddles? Auto-clutch turned on or off?
I have the g25 if it helps. Using the h gated shifter, in the lx6 get in 2nd gear, going about 100 km/h or so, apply throttle, floor it if you want, then pull the shifter back to 1st, but dont touch the clutch, the only aid i had on was throttle blip on downshift. now lift off the throttle all the way, it stays in 2nd, and the throttle stays at 50%. You can put the throttle back to 100%, but when you lift off, it goes back to 50%.
Quote from spiderbait90 :It is when you dont clutch, whilst changing down, whist braking, and i find it happens about 80% of the time when i dont clutch for whatever reason. But i can say for sure its a pain in the butt. To cure it just clutch and you should be fine.

i dont brake when i do it, but i can see that being an annoyance aswell.
Okay, I can reproduce it now. It's definitely the throttle blip on downshift aid causing this.
  1. Go any speed below the optimal shift point in any gear but the first.
  2. Make sure the current throttle applied is over 50%.
  3. Put the stick in the lower gear.
The throttle will stay at 50% (this is also the amount LFS blips for you) until the revs hit the shift point (red light), or if you brake, until the lower gear engages due to matching revs.
you can brake all the way down if you like, it still stays in the gear and the throttle is still being applied. I have never noticed this before w9, and i used to do this before. Im pretty sure this is a new bug. Shouldnt be hard to fix. inorder to get to the lower gear, you have to apply more throttle, to match the speed/revs of the lower gear. If you do it in a higher gear, 5th or 6th for example, you can stick it down to first and it still happens.
This bug has been around for quite some time. I remember having issues with this in version P or so.
I had this as well. it took me 1/2 an hour to get my black MOMO working :banghead:

throttle stays at 50%?
(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG