The online racing simulator
G25 + richard burns rally
(21 posts, started )
Wow!

Cool vid, great skill.
I have the G25 myself, got it two days ago along with LFS S2, loving it so far, just like driving a real car!

Only difference is you obviously don't feel the g forces cornering and accel/braking
hmmm ive used em before , kinda the same but then again you cant feel the cars rubmle as you start/takeoff let alone the pulling in your seat as you hit the perfect shift :S

still 60 isnt bad for a close experiance ( the wheel ofcourse )
#5 - ajp71
Nice handbrake he had there
nice vid,strange sounds in backround sounds like a UFO or something
It looks like he's playing Rallisport Challenge or Burnout: Rally Edition.
Too fast for a sim?
Quote from farcar :It looks like he's playing Rallisport Challenge or Burnout: Rally Edition.
Too fast for a sim?

ever been in a rally car?
even just watchin rally on tv from in car is fast as hell
god he is good
#10 - JJ72
Tarmac physics isn't the strongest link of RBR. It always end up arcadish compare to other tarmac based sim.

He should really have done a gravel stage.
Quote from farcar :
Too fast for a sim?

RBR is a serious sim with great physics tarmac tires have their odd moments but the gravel and low speed physics are unbeatable. I certainly wouldn't say the tarmac physics feels arcade and it really has a feel closer to LFS standards than any other sim.

The sense of speed is ridiculously fast I doubt anybody has ever complained that RBR feels to slow, but once you get into the zone you get to the stage where everything happens slower, otherwise you crash. The speeds are actually a lot slower than you'd expect and it suddenly makes you realise that even if it's a completely different skill than driving a car on an endurance event to be able to drive a WRC flat out for a whole rally requires enormous skill and concentration, RBR is by far the hardest sim to get used to and initially when you actually finish a stage (it will be a rare event) you'll win it by some margin, but lack of pacing is the biggest problem racing drivers have with converting IRL as well.

If you haven't tried RBR then you really should, just trying the demo will soon get you hooked and it looks stunning and produces great fps as well
FF on G25 in RBR ?
Always loved rally games but never tried this for some reason.
So downloaded the demo ,everything works fine apart from Force Feedback on my G25.
Tried to update with latest patch V102, but when running the installer ,I get error messages saying either i must use a English, French, Spanish...etc. version or different message saying you must have RBR installed.
Obviously i have both .
Any ideas chaps?
AFAIK the patch is only for the full version so when it checks if you've got RBR installed it only sees the demo version.

These steps clear the lag: http://www.torttu.net/temp/rbr/steering_lag_fix.txt

Especially note the profiler settings for the FF. The FF is light, real WRC cars are very heavily power assisted, but has plenty of feel in it. To actually get heavy feedback like you do in the non-power assisted cars in LFS you need to change some of the values in the car physics files.
Quote from Turbo Dad :Always loved rally games but never tried this for some reason.
So downloaded the demo ,everything works fine apart from Force Feedback on my G25.
Tried to update with latest patch V102, but when running the installer ,I get error messages saying either i must use a English, French, Spanish...etc. version or different message saying you must have RBR installed.
Obviously i have both .
Any ideas chaps?

Forget the outdated demo and buy the full version now. It's already 3 years old game so it's a real bargain. Patched full version works completely perfectly with G25. there's even 3rd party plugin for getting H-shifter to work, and RBR has built in clutch support though clutch is useless while shifting because that's the way it works in real WRC cars.

Buy it now when it costs 10 €, in few years only way to buy it might be from ebay with 200 € price tag (like Nascar 2003 ).
thanks man , been trying different sources for downloading patch and game without sucess.:banghead:

So just purchased
Which steering settings would you recommended?l Looked like there were a lot of graphs to fiddle with :Eyecrazy:
Use the ones I posted previously. Most of the steering settings are for accommodating less precise controls into a full blown simulation being made for a mass market so if you're using a wheel you don't want most of them.
As realistic as possible please
I concur that RBR is a fantastic sim. Easily the best rally sim ever and right up there with the all-time greats overall (GPL, NR2003, LFS).

These are the sort of sims that are so good that people will still be (and in the case of GPL, still are!) playing them many, many years after their initial release.
Quote from sam1600 :I concur that RBR is a fantastic sim. Easily the best rally sim ever and right up there with the all-time greats overall (GPL, NR2003, LFS).

These are the sort of sims that are so good that people will still be (and in the case of GPL, still are!) playing them many, many years after their initial release.

Yup, there's never going to be RBR2 and looks like only "rival" in near future is latest reincarnation from the Colin McArcade series. So pretty much people have to play it for several years because there's nothing else to play in the rally section. Modding would keep RBR alive anyway. Pretty much same thing with GPL, there's not much choice if you want to drive the oldies.
RBR Freezing
Bought a new copy, installed fine then patched .Got force feedback on the G25 ok.
But I am getting random freezes pretty often, the game stalls (sometimes looping a sound )Have tried updating direct x ,new sound drivers, different gfx drivers ,turned down hardware acceleration for sound card, re-installing game and patch,no overclocks , min gfx settings.
getting very frustrated , game is awesome when it works
@Turbo Dad, I used to find that using a view other than the cockpit one frooze my RBR, but this mysteriously cleared, try not changing view.

(21 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG