The online racing simulator
Quote from Jakg :banning guns wouldn't help in the sense that those guns were illegal anyway, but surely buying a gun (illegaly) would be harder if they were banned

Excuse me, but...... LOL!!!!

People sure don't have any trouble buying pot or cocaine, do they?
I love the way America's solution to the mass proliferation of firearms is to throw even more firearms at the problem. No guns = extremely dangerous, twenty gazillion metric ****loads of guns = completely safe. :clapclap:
Quote from Forbin :An armed society is a polite society.

Outlaw guns and the only people who have guns will be outlaws.

Yeah, because England has school shootings every year with death tolls in to double figures...
Quote from andybarsblade :now easy guys the u.s does have gun laws you can only buy a gun if your under 18 if your parents give you permission and your only aloud to buy 1 a month! hahaha what a country

There are background checks and hours of wait, among other things, for someone to get themselves a firearm, but don't let that, or the fact that a tiny percentage of legal owners commit crimes with them, get in the way of a good rimshot..
Quote from Forbin :An armed society is a polite society.

Outlaw guns and the only people who have guns will be outlaws.

Except in places where guns are forbidden, such as planes, campuses, etc. Then it's just a turkey shoot for the criminals.
Quote from thisnameistaken :I love the way America's solution to the mass proliferation of firearms is to throw even more firearms at the problem. No guns = extremely dangerous, twenty gazillion metric ****loads of guns = completely safe. :clapclap:

Don't mention the fact that US firearms don't seem to cause much more turmoil than in other countries if you ommit drug/gang/etc neighbourhoods, or the fact that the US is in fact getting more and more of its population (its legislation anyway) agreeing to undiscriminately (more like randomly) restrict gun ownership.. Loads of guns = safer than without them.
Ask any policeman: police forces prevent next to nothing, they almost only show up after the fact.
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :Yeah, because England has school shootings every year with death tolls in to double figures...

I think there has been only one major school shooting, a while ago which lead to the banning of hand guns.
Is it just me, or is this happening more and more frequently? It's about time the U.S. did put a little more into gun safety. My mom went shopping and took me with her once, and at Walmart the gun rack was across the isle from were the games were sitting. The guns are way to easy to obtain. Sure you need a license, but i'm pretty sure that if the salesman is desperate enough he'll sell it to you without the license. It's a real sin, the kid had just graduated too. I always wondered why someone would do this, but it'll probably be because the kid was on drugs or something similiar.
@Rappa Z: You must be joking... you honestly think a firearms salesman would be so desperate for a sale to risk his job and the store?

I know that at least the gun store closest to me (in New Jersey, btw), they don't really make all that much money on the guns themselves. They make their money on their own private indoor range where they charge people $14 per hour. I'm sure the Walmart store you mentioned makes plenty of money on other products.
Quote from Rappa Z :Is it just me, or is this happening more and more frequently? It's about time the U.S. did put a little more into gun safety. My mom went shopping and took me with her once, and at Walmart the gun rack was across the isle from were the games were sitting. The guns are way to easy to obtain. Sure you need a license, but i'm pretty sure that if the salesman is desperate enough he'll sell it to you without the license. It's a real sin, the kid had just graduated too. I always wondered why someone would do this, but it'll probably be because the kid was on drugs or something similiar.

Yet doesn't walmart ban the sale of violent games and offensive music or some mumbo jumbo.
Quote from thisnameistaken :I love the way America's solution to the mass proliferation of firearms is to throw even more firearms at the problem. No guns = extremely dangerous, twenty gazillion metric ****loads of guns = completely safe. :clapclap:

actually it makes sense when you think about reverse psychology

a great example would be drugs... but a more understandable example would be doing something someone tells you NOT to do, but you do it anyway.. so really, if drugs were legalized, it probably wouldn't be worth much anymore, and there wouldn't really be much of a reason to use them anymore because there would be no worth in them

so in a way it kinda makes sense

as for selling guns, thats always going to happen unless (which this is most likely NEVER going to happen) is because its our second amendment which states we can bear arms.. however.. things do go wrong, its true everywhere so there isn't really any room to complain or anything
its near impossible to buy a gun in this country and hand guns are banned completey, surely you ppl who live in america must see its WAY TO EASY to buy guns in your country? why do so many ppl in the us seem to think everybody needs a gun? you seem to buy them and carry them like mobile phones
cause its a badass thing to have

lol no i'm not kidding either

i've shot guns plenty of times, and not just whimpy little BB guns, i mean the real deal stuff, but i dont know how easy it is to buy a gun..
i'm sure you can look it up though, but i know its different in each state
Quote from andybarsblade :its near impossible to buy a gun in this country and hand guns are banned completey, surely you ppl who live in america must see its WAY TO EASY to buy guns in your country? why do so many ppl in the us seem to think everybody needs a gun? you seem to buy them and carry them like mobile phones

Handguns were completely banned after the dunblane massacre, when a man walked into a primary school and killed 16 young children, quite shocking.
Quote from XCNuse :but i dont know how easy it is to buy a gun..
i'm sure you can look it up though, but i know its different in each state

If you watched the movie "Elephant" (based on the Columbine highschool shooting), you can see that those two idiots ordered guns from eBay or something using dad's credit card, and the mail man delivered it to them, without asking the presence of the father..
I don't know how acurately that film represents the Columbine shootings, but i don't think that ebay gun order part is that far from the thruth, if at all..
Probably not actually ebay but there are auction sites for guns. There is as well in the UK but they only sell old break barrel shotguns and bolt action rifles.
About all the gun talk here, they should only issue guns to people who are disciplined in weapons and have been screened well enough. That would keep the guns away from the crazy persons.

On another note, it's good to know heroes still exist:
http://www.digg.com/world_news ... s_Holocaust_Survivor_Hero
It sucks all that happened on yom hashoa though..
#41 - Nine
With 400 bucks, I can easily talk to a class mate in college and have a gun within a week, or less, it's not hard to obtain an illegal gun...

In my opinion, the intial attack towards the two individuals can not be controlled by the U.S. government, it's an ongoing problem, mix rage and weapons and it spells disaster, but the extra 30 or whatever number of individuals who lost their lives the two hours AFTER the intial shooting should have been stopped by the university, whether it is an email, horn that blows throughout the campus, or even an announcement made on speakers that are spread among the campus, whatever it takes for students to get word of such an event and then having the ability to go into lockdown to prevent any other deaths should have been taken. And it's sad to say, but universities and schools across the country and world should take this as a wake up call that such preparations must be made in case an event like this is to occur.
to me thats not so much of a hero... they could have used something else to block the door but as a result he blocked it with his body and was then shot to death.... what was to stop the gun man pushing the door open once he was dead...?
#43 - Nine
It's the fact that he risked his life to allow his students to escape, which in my mind is the act of a hero.
oh the holocost survivor? i heard about him today during school and on the radio when i was getting ready, thats.. sad.. going through all of that and some psychopath kills one of the few survivors remaining

heroic? of course
Quote from SLIDE WAYZ :to me thats not so much of a hero... they could have used something else to block the door but as a result he blocked it with his body and was then shot to death.... what was to stop the gun man pushing the door open once he was dead...?

Perhaps he thought it was the only way to block the door. It's a shame you can't overanalyze everything when there is someone shooting in the hallway...
#46 - th84
Quote from chopaholic :Its damn right outragous! Americans Should NOT be allowed guns.

Americans are going to be the Downfall of the earth!

Very insightful comment!!
Today on the radio, a pro gun nutter was saying that it's important to keep gun laws as they are, so that you can defend yourself as and when you need to. Seems like none of the victims in this massacre took any notice of this advice. None of their cold dead hands were holding a gun which may have defended them.

Obviously it doesn't work. Less guns = less gun deaths. The argument that outlawing them mean guns will only be in the hands of outlaws is flawed in my opinion. They will have them anyway, legally as it stands now. Most other people don't carry them about with them, and wouldn't be comfortable or competent in using them against other people. It's occasional tragedies like this which highlight that they are too accessible. This guy walked into a store five weeks ago and bought them.
In my opinion it's deeper than just being able to easily buy guns, you can do that here (NZ) with the right contacts but we don't tend to have people going on gun spree's.

What you have in the US at the moment is a cheapening of life, woops, we bombed a school, wedding party, hospital, - all just collateral damage.
Gitmo, lets take pictures of the rag heads cus their not really human.

Lets invade a country & call it Operation Iraqi Liberation ( OIL )
When you feed people this 24/7 on Fox et al it's not really surprising if people believe this is how you deal with your issues.

Girlfriend seeing/sleeping with someone else ?

Then kill her & gun down 34+ people so that people remember that your an American and thats the American way. Hell - your either for us or against us.
I'm not in any way trying to lessen the senseless loss of life here, just trying to suggest that we treat ALL pointless deaths with the same level of sadness and the same desire to prevent more.

April 16, 2007
Now Do You Understand?

By LJohnson
Breaking news! At least 22 Virginia Tech students gunned down. Cable news channels are wild with activity as they pump up the coverage a focus on the latest "crisis". The media is commenting that this shooting is overwhelming the local medical facilities. Crisis is in the air. Well, at least it ain't Iraq.

Okay. Big deep breath. This is horrible and this is tragic and this gives us an idea of what it is like to live just one day in Iraq. Consider the following:

04/15/07 Reuters: 19 bodies found in Baghdad on Saturday
Police found the bodies of 19 ... ast 24 hours, police said

04/15/07 Reuters: 20 Iraqi troops and policemen abducted
A group linked to al Qaeda sai ... nd policemen and demanded the release of all Sunni wome ... ording to a Web statement

04/15/07 Reuters: 4 killed by suicide bombers in Mosul
Four people, including two Ira ... ty of Mosul, police said.

04/15/07 AP: Suicide bomber kills 5, wounds 11 in northwest Baghdad
a suicide bomber blew himself ... hospital officials said.

04/15/07 AP: 37 die as car bomb hits near Iraq shrine
A car bomb blasted through a b ... hospital officials said.

Let's total the score: at least 65 Iraqis dead in four attacks vs. 22 Americans shot at Virginia Tech. Whoops, forgot the 20 kidnapped policemen. Can you imagine?

The next time you hear Dick Cheney or George Bush blame the public attitude regarding Iraq on the media's failure to report "good news", examine carefully our reaction to the shooting at Viginia Tech. Look at our collective shock. Our horrified reaction. The public sorrow. Yet, in truth, this is an exceptional, unusual day in America. It is not our common experience. But we cannot say the same about Iraq.

The people of Iraq are living in a Marquis de Sade version of Groundhog Day. It is like the Bill Murray movie--the same horrible day repeated with some new, bizarre twists--only not funny. Multiple body counts and explosions and shootings are the daily experience of the people of Iraq. They have been living this hell for four years. Just keep that fact in mind as you mourn the deaths of 22 American students slain in Blacksburg, Viginia.

Authors Website: www.noquarter.typepad.com

Authors Bio: Former CIA and State Department official.
Quote from dontsimon :Today on the radio, a pro gun nutter was saying that it's important to keep gun laws as they are, so that you can defend yourself as and when you need to. Seems like none of the victims in this massacre took any notice of this advice. None of their cold dead hands were holding a gun which may have defended them.

It's not legal to carry or keep a concealed weapon on campus, at least thats my understanding.
#50 - Nine
Love how everything turns into "Well you shouldn't be in Iraq", look at it this way, no one likes it and there's nothing we can do now, so now, we fight the war and get done with it, an issue like this doesn't reflect on the events of 9/11 and the war in Iraq...

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG