The online racing simulator
I personaly put my indicators on, pull out of racing line and tap the break lightly and repedativly as to be easily seen. That's pretty much what I do for every blue flag. To me it would seem annoying having a hardcore race then having some n00b / slower person / someone that started later stuck in front of you. Its no inconvienance to me to pull over, as I'm not going for 1st place etc. Funny thing is, only one person has said "Thanks" to me lol I do understand the official blue flag rules are differnat though.
#77 - Mykl
If you were the type to send out the "BLUE FLAG GET OUT OF MY WAY" type message how would you feel if somebody responded with...

"It is your responsibility to make a clean pass. I'm not pulling over, but I won't make it difficult."

*edit* speeling erorr
/me sets that as a bind
Quote from Tailspin :While no expert, it seems obvious to me that folks don't understand what a blue flag means.

It DOES NOT mean 'get out of the way!' It means, in essence, 'be predictable--you're being overtaken.' In fact, the OVERTAKING CAR is responsible for avoiding an accident.

That said, if you're way back in the pack and the leaders are catching you, you really should make it easy for them to pass.

But the racing is hot and heavy and some guy behind you is overtaking, you DO NOT have to pull over and let him pass. You MAY hold your racing line, and HE must avoid sticking his nose inside you on sweapers or at slow corners. Indeed, he can't pass on the inside UNLESS he has a subtantial overlap (his nose is visible to you) before the turn in point.

And yes, you CAN take an inside line to make it hard for him to pass. And yes you CAN make one blocking move on a straight away (but only one). Unless of course it the leaders blowing past you.

And if you're hit from behind HE is the jerk, wrecker, ****, etc...not the driver of the car being overtaken.

At least that's my belief. And like all my other beliefs, this one is subject to revision too, if someone can convince me I'm wrong.

Thoughs?

indeed we all Know that but do's anyone besides me put something like that into practise ??
Quote from antman2006 :I personaly put my indicators on, pull out of racing line and tap the break lightly and repedativly as to be easily seen. That's pretty much what I do for every blue flag. To me it would seem annoying having a hardcore race then having some n00b / slower person / someone that started later stuck in front of you. Its no inconvienance to me to pull over, as I'm not going for 1st place etc. Funny thing is, only one person has said "Thanks" to me lol I do understand the official blue flag rules are differnat though.

I agree thats what I try to do, but occasionally you go the wrong way or slow down too much which causes the leader (or other racer) to colide or get very close to you! Its difficult to decide what is the best thing to do - if in doubt get to the edge of the opposite side (of the track) to the racing line and just slow down enough so they can overtake with enough room. (well try to anyway)

Sometimes the blue flaggers need to follow the rule and make a quick overtake and not keep drifting back and forth causing the blue flag warning to keep appearing and disappearing (sometimes you don't know whether to slow or to carry on and wait for them to get closer) - A bit of effort on both sides could improve the racing much more.
Quote from antman2006 :Funny thing is, only one person has said "Thanks" to me lol

You won't get a "thanks" from me simply because I don't have that binded to autochat anymore. But you will definitely get a from me.

Quote from Mykl :*edit* speeling erorr

Please edit your edit for spelling errors and correct your spelling error of spelling error.

Hehehe, just kidding bout that!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG