The online racing simulator
wrong gear on start grid
(9 posts, started )
#1 - shim
wrong gear on start grid
i find every so often i forget to select first gear with me shifter on the start line, is it possible to have a dialog come up saying

"wrong gear selected, please change to first gear"

would be muchly appricatied
When was the last time your real car gave you a dialogue box when you were abusing the transmission?
Quote from shim :...have a dialog come up saying

"wrong gear selected, please change to first gear"

Right, and then before turns:

"Your speed is too high, please use brakes!"
#4 - wark
Yeah, why'd they even make a neutral position?
Quote from hackerx :...."Your speed is too high, please use brakes!"...

This made my day ...
#6 - Woz
The real problem is that LFS selects 1st no matter what at start. This has probably changed with W9, didn't notice TBH.

If not LFS should just select what gear is currently selected if you use H pattern
i think you're joking wark, but incase you aren't, its because in LFS the handbrake only locks when you're in neutral, once you drop out of neutral if you aren't on the brakes your car will start rolling, and then you'll go off the line and it will be a false start

so... go find that thread on improving the handbrake, i personally like starting in neutral and have no problem with it
#8 - Davo
No the handbrake still works in 1st until you press the gas. I start in 1st in W9.
Quote from Hankstar :When was the last time your real car gave you a dialogue box when you were abusing the transmission?

That day Michael Knight let me try a few runs on Kitt

wrong gear on start grid
(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG