The online racing simulator
A Go-Kart!
(49 posts, started )
#26 - joen
Quote from wheel4hummer :What does a FOX have to do with a F3 car? The FOX is like a Formula Renault, the FO8 is more like a F3 car...

The FOX is no F3 car, but the FO8 certainly isn't either!
The FO8 is an F3000 car. An F3 would be in between the FOX and FO8 performance wise.
I thought F3 was the same thing as F3000...
Quote from wheel4hummer :I thought F3 was the same thing as F3000...

Hmmmm, and I thought you knew about racing cars. Or at least pretended to...
:doh:

What a great example of misunderstanding cars as already said:

MRT - FSAE car, short wheel base small bike engine, crude but very light

FOX - Formula Renault, small carbon tubbed production engined single seater, very definatley not a F3 car though, considerably shorter wheel base less downforce and power than an F3 car

FO8 - a big single seater with longer wheel base and 3 litre full race Judd V8

For referance when I last looked the fastest shifter karts were about the same pace as current Formula Renaults round very tight slow tracks like Cadwell Park, round faster tracks they are a lot slower.
Quote from tristancliffe :Hmmmm, and I thought you knew about racing cars. Or at least pretended to...

Well I know more then alot of the noobs on here who want a NOS button... I know that's not saying much but still..
The small car ive seen on pictures whats it called....MRT? I believe that to be a bouncy little thing which would probably roll on corners...sorry if im wrong but i will see when im in s2 in 2 days.
Go-karts however have proper {they dont have any} suspension....as its soooooo stiff.
And that formula V8 might aswell be a F1 car as they have to have V8 in F1 don't they? If they whacked traction control on that thing....maybe it wouldnt spin and stuff, like ive seen in all those videos of people trying to drive it.
Quote from wheel4hummer :Well I know more then alot of the noobs on here who want a NOS button... I know that's not saying much but still..

1) Formula cars dont have nos...and the nos can is probably bigger than half of the cars lol...
2) That would actuallly be a gooood idea on the road cars like XRT and TBO cars...:headbang: :headbang:
Quote from harjun :The small car ive seen on pictures whats it called....MRT? I believe that to be a bouncy little thing which would probably roll on corners...sorry if im wrong but i will see when im in s2 in 2 days.
Go-karts however have proper {they dont have any} suspension....as its soooooo stiff.
And that formula V8 might aswell be a F1 car as they have to have V8 in F1 don't they? If they whacked traction control on that thing....maybe it wouldnt spin and stuff, like ive seen in all those videos of people trying to drive it.

Doesn't roll on corners unless you hit kerbs really hard. Karts have suspension via the chassis.
A single seater with a V8 is not an F1 car - different levels of power, grip, size, braking capability... FO8 doesn't spin that much - it's very easy to slide and modulate these days.

Quote from harjun :1) Formula cars dont have nos...and the nos can is probably bigger than half of the cars lol...
2) That would actuallly be a gooood idea on the road cars like XRT and TBO cars...:headbang: :headbang:

He knows that, and what NOS canisters are you referring to that are bigger than cars?
You do know the XRT is part of the TBO class? And it wouldn't be a good idea really...
#34 - joen
Quote from harjun :
And that formula V8 might aswell be a F1 car as they have to have V8 in F1 don't they?

The FO8 is not an F1 car just because it has a V8, the BF1 is an F1. The FO8 is an F3000, period.
Quote from harjun :As i am going to buy s2 soon...when my loan comes through lol (i'm a student). I was wondering if there maybe should be a go-kart? Wouldnt it be cool? A little Rotax one lol which goes 100mph. It's just an idea but i think it would be cool because those things accelarate....and on the little tracks it would be amazing

Already suggested, but a rotax kart would be nice a 125cc one
an off-road buggy frame, suspension(basic) and a gsxr1100 engine.
no ifs ands or buts.
Quote from v4forlife :an off-road buggy frame, suspension(basic) and a gsxr1100 engine.
no ifs ands or buts.

OMG thats a good idea +1
Quote from Alan Dove :NO NO NO Rotax's they are just plain slow...

Get some 100cc 20,000 rpm goodness..... none of this power valve 14,000 rpm slow as hell nonsense!!!!!!!!!!! Rotax's aren't even real kart engines...just modified moped engines....PATHETIC and SLOW!!!!

NO they are not moped engines.
Proper rotax karts are 4 cylinder BEASTS!
Let me tell you, I have a Rotax. Its a 125cc Senior. BEASTLY! 80 - 90, wouldnt like to think how fast it can get to that either.

Been doing karting since I was 8 - 9, im now 16. So I have experience, its a beast.

Would love to see a kart on here. Maybe do a few different classes too, 100cc TKM, 125cc Rotax Senior and maybe something like a 250cc gearbox(BEAST). Would be nice if it could be done in later versions, would be alot of work though, they handle VERY different to cars.

Here is my baby . Progressed from a litte Coma, think there like 60cc, to a 125 Junior, then onto a Senior. Senior has a power valve on the back, give you a few seconds extra per lap, depending on your weight.

#40 - aoun
Lol, who ever says the mrt is like a kart.......

...... then a ferrari MUST be like a mini cooper!!
Quote from harjun :NO they are not moped engines.
Proper rotax karts are 4 cylinder BEASTS!

4 cylinders? I suggest you find a picture of the engine and count the cylinders you see. It should be 1.
Quote from Leifde :4 cylinders? I suggest you find a picture of the engine and count the cylinders you see. It should be 1.

err....lol no its not actually
they are 4 cylinders and the crap little ones are 2 cylinder
You are talking about a Rotax Max, right? You mentioned it earlier in the thread so I guess you are. I own one. It only has one cylinder.

I even have a picture to prove it. http://www.rotaxmax.ch/Fotos/MotorMax01.jpg
#44 - JJ72
Quote from harjun :err....lol no its not actually
they are 4 cylinders and the crap little ones are 2 cylinder

are you confusing "strokes" with "cylinder"
He might be but even so, most kart engines are 2-stroke. In fact all (modern) Rotax kart engines are two-stroke.
Quote from Adampell :Let me tell you, I have a Rotax. Its a 125cc Senior. BEASTLY! 80 - 90, wouldnt like to think how fast it can get to that either.

Been doing karting since I was 8 - 9, im now 16. So I have experience, its a beast.

Would love to see a kart on here. Maybe do a few different classes too, 100cc TKM, 125cc Rotax Senior and maybe something like a 250cc gearbox(BEAST). Would be nice if it could be done in later versions, would be alot of work though, they handle VERY different to cars.

Here is my baby . Progressed from a litte Coma, think there like 60cc, to a 125 Junior, then onto a Senior. Senior has a power valve on the back, give you a few seconds extra per lap, depending on your weight.

If it's a beast people are looking for here, why not make a KZ2(ICC)?
125cc, 6 gears transmission with 0-100 km/h on around 2.7 seconds

This year it was a global change regarding engines as 100cc was replaced with 125cc engines. KF1 replaced FA, KF2 ICA and so on...
These engines are also very powerfull, laptimes are around 1 sec faster on every track driven in Italy this year compared to last year.
I would guess that rotax is some secs behind this again.

Also, as someone here mentioned, if karts would be implemented to LFS somewhere in the future, i would love to see the (old) 100cc engines.
20000+ rpm, choking and carburator adjustings as the humidity and so on changes while racing is quite entertaining!

All this do require good karting tracks though, i would think that a kart even on fe club woud be quite boring.
Now, this is most likely a long time job, as with todays physics engine it's not possible to get the physics on a kart right(?). Wouldn't see it coming in s2
#47 - Jakg
its possible, but it requires Chassis Flex, which has been done (RoR), but not yet in a proper racing sim
#48 - wien
Quote from Jakg :its possible, but it requires Chassis Flex, which has been done (RoR), but not yet in a proper racing sim

Nope, wrong. NetKar PRO has chassis flex... If you can get it to work...
#49 - Jakg
does it? wow, never knew that, thanks!

A Go-Kart!
(49 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG