The online racing simulator
Lap Flags
(3 posts, started )
Lap Flags
As I race with the hud turned off, I find it hard to keep track of what lap I'm on. And was wounder if maybe a white flag for the final lap could be chucked in, and checkered for the finish of the race.
As I have pushed a little too hard a few times thinking it was the last lap, only to find I had an extra lap to do, and would end up losing a tyre part of the way round.

I guess it would make sense to flick the hud back on to check, but then the game loses some of it's simness, and the only way I have been able to keep track of laps is with a sheet of paper and a pen. But it's hard as hell trying to score off a lap and not crash at the same time.
today on tv i saw how boat drivers keep track of the laps theyve done by ripping numbers held by velcro off their dashboards

but yes flags would be a nice addition ... also in terms of racing atmosphere ... im mean even mario andrettis had white flags ... and that was one of the first full polygon racing games ever made
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :I guess it would make sense to flick the hud back on to check, but then the game loses some of it's simness

Actually not using HUD is not entirely realistic either. Becuase in real life a driver would be informed about laps, position, times etc by a pit crew. We don't have that, so it's just better (and kind of more realistic) to use HUD.

Lap Flags
(3 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG