The online racing simulator
...looks like a great time was had by all. Nice 1 Bob!

On the subject of a Potential Kart Track may i bring your attention to 'Three Sisters Race Track' Wigan. Not sure about prices and stuff BUT its a great little circuit.

Aerial Pic >> http://www.webbaviation.co.uk/wigan/3sisters-race.htm

Main Site >> http://www.three-sisters.co.uk/

Location - About 30-50 minutes drive from Manchester Town Centre.

#27 - need
Well I'm finally home
I see I don't have to upload the replay's now :P

Had a great time, was good to be able to put faces to some of the names at last.

Cheers to Bob for the organising, and to Adrian for putting such a great place together
Here's the results spreadsheat for the day btw.

http://www.caledonianracing.co ... ting 14th April 2007.xls
Thanks Bob! Had a great time. Didn't expect to win a race but....I did! (ok, so it was only first place in the duffers race but it felt good anyway!)
Great to meet some LFS fans in real life.

Congratulations to the trophy winners. That last race was great to watch!

Bob - you didn't take off your shoes before getting in my car. I had to vacuum the passenger side carpet when I got back.
Yeah, where are these photos we took?

Thanks to all for thanking for me for organising it, I'm just glad you all had a good time and it was worth the money. I'm still waiting for an explanation from LFSn00b...
Niko missed his flight, well, that's what he told me.

Also, PICTURES!
Quote from Leifde :Also, PICTURES!

Yeah, where are the pictures, we didn't take many but we did a nice group photo at the end
/me is jealous

Looks like you all had a good time, shame I couldn't make it Congratulations on a well organised, successful venture Ben
Quote from Leifde :Niko missed his flight, well, that's what he told me.

Also, PICTURES!

LOL, if he was going to use that excuse maybe he shouldn't have been posting on the forum around the times where he probably would be getting a flight .

I did think it was strange that some 14 year old from another country was confirmed as tbh I very much doubt many parents even in the UK would let a 14 year old to something like this on there own. Yet alone another country. How was he planning getting from the airport to the venue etc?

Maybe Niko will realise that he shouldn't use events like that as an opportunity to boost his spam count (find it quite funny how he posts anywhere but here, usually grabs an opportunity to post with both hands). Especially when people could be worried and delaying the event because they are expecting you to turn up, not to mention the guys probably had to pay more than excpected judging by the website.
Yeah, we had to pay an extra £2.50 each due to his absense. It also meant one of the races with a man down compared to the other. More importantly, however, we weren't at 20 spaces, so his "confirmation" (for what it was worth) didn't stop someone else from (actually) attending. I spoke to Niko several times and he always said he was up for it, I said I'd ban him from the forums if I didn't get a straight answer, I'm almost convinced now I didn't, perhaps I should follow up my threat.

Oh and did I forget:
PICTURES!
Quote from Bob Smith :we had to pay an extra £2.50 each

ZoMG.. that's like a pint! Niko you git!

ohh and PICTURES
This thread is worthless without PICTURES!
LFSnoob is only 6 - you can't honestly expect him to do anything BUT spam. Bit like this post really...
Hi guys, I'm new to LFS and all that but next time I would like to come

I live in London btw
I have been mulling over the idea of setting up a mini league for this that would run once a month or so. This is just an idea, but it's worth a try. I think it would work out well =)
I would certainly like to be interested in that . . .whether I could dedicate the time to it is another thing and would andrew be ok running LFS meets once a month. I think he had some compatability issues as it was but I don't know the full technicalities of all that side of things. I just like the driving . . .
Quote from Viper93 :I have been mulling over the idea of setting up a mini league for this that would run once a month or so. This is just an idea, but it's worth a try. I think it would work out well =)

Its a great idea, but I really couldn't afford to do it that often.
Quote from LFSn00b : I'm 14.
But yes, i also thought it was Sunday... Sorry, i mixed up the dates.

You what? I'm sorry, but with nearly 10,000 polls on this event, and numerous 'It's tomorrow' titles, signatures and posts etc, you'd have thought even a thick 6 year old would have done been able to cope, let alone a (apparently) 14 year old.

It's not my problem - I couldn't make it, let alone afford it (even without the extra £2.50 you cost everyone) - but being a little bit more humble and apologetic might help - I know what it's like to arrange an event like this, so I know what Bob did/felt, and I know how I felt if I'd been 'had' by someone too lazy to check dates over a 10 week gestation period....

Sorry, I don't suffer fools or immaturity gladly.
Agreed, crap excuse Niko. Anyway, enough worrying about the (surprisingly few) issues we had... who do I have to pummel to get the photos that were taken?

Btw I still have your name badge that I made out Niko, I shall look forward to burning it to relieve stress in the near future...
Quote from Bob Smith :Btw I still have your name badge that I made out Niko, I shall look forward to burning it to relieve stress in the near future...

Heh, worth a video
"I'm going to throw this into flames right NOW" *silent mumbling and swearing is heard on the background*

Tbh. I would have probably got a heart attack to see niko being there in uk with you guys. The filights and organizing alone would have costed like ...a lot, especially for a 14 (6) years-old, even if his parents are bathing in money.

So he missed his flight on the wrong day
Quote from LFSn00b :Oh well... Burn it, flame it, kill it, i'm just an idiot 14 year old who didn't show up.

Live and Learn =) Hope to see you ther next time =0
Well Niko, you could have at least let us know that you weren't coming by simply saying that you can't make it. I don't know whether you reason is true, all I know is if I had to travel to another country for a meet, I would be in contact with people all of the time to make sure its all going ahead as planned and tell them whether I can make it or not and WOULD CERTAINLY NEVER EVER FORGET THE DAY I HAD TO FLY OUT!!! EVER!! NEVER EVER!

so you excuse doesn't really hold up.

It doesn't matter too much, we only had to pay £2.50 on top... but it would have been nice of you to be more in contact or at least say that you are not coming. Some people ever reported you browsing the forums on Saturday

mad
pictures!!!!!

(wow i contribute a lot)
Flying to England for a one day event, isn't that a little extreme for a 14 year kid?
Quote from Rooble :Flying to England for a one day event, isn't that a little extreme for a 14 year kid?

Well I was understanding that he was coming to visit a relative (sister?) and that it just happened to be when the race was being held. Sorry you couldn't make it. =/
Quote from dUmAsS :pictures!!!!!

Don't worry, picture is coming, got a pm from Bozo (the guy who took our group pic) He emailed it to Ben, so it should be up tomorrow or Saturday. Ben right now is at a Trivium concert here in portsmouth... it will be up shortly though

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG