z3r0c00l - moving your post to a new thread in general discussion where we can mock the unbelievers.
Yes, yes, it's the ominous 13th thread.
That was indeed an enjoyable day and, for those who stayed, evening.
For those of you not aware of our shenanigans: event details
Quick rundown for those who left early or arrived late:
* People started turning up at the pub from about midday, pleasant chatter outside in the sun, starting to put names to faces.
* We arrive on time at the centre, two members shy. One more turns up just as everything is getting going, the other to never arrive. The GPL session goes well and is certainly "an experience". Those cars handle weird, kind of the opposite to LFS in some aspects. LFS: qualifying is fun and we have 4 great races, some better than others. Good fan had by all irrespective of pace, although some of the front to mid runners have the best battles.
* Points are totalled, trophys given (typical that a UK meet is won by a bloody foreigner
), a few photos are taken.
* Some toddle off home but the real men
were up for more. Another pint at "the local" before driving into Southampton for a curry.
* A good spread of ages, a couple turned out to be older than expected but everyone seemed to get along.
* Everything went very smoothly I thought.
* Big thanks to Adrian for letting the event completely over-run at no extra cost. And also for tagging along and keeping us company afterwards. His Elise looks nice also.
Some(what) comical issues:
* I prove to Adrian you can drive the FXR sideways around most of the track and still qualify third.
* Even hardened LFS players are at mercy to their women.
* Nowhere is safe from shoddy Logitech products.