The online racing simulator
Best programme for rendering ??
(45 posts, started )
what is the bets programme foir rendering , ive searched here for ages but no1 seems to metion a good one ..
#2 - Jakg
then i suggest you search harder, because theres a LOT of threads on it
Bryce 5
bryce 5 is a complete program anyway

also it is made mainly for landscapes
Free (Or used to be):
Bryce (They did like a whole month for free, yeah it's meant for landscapes).
Bender (Totally Free, and Totally Awesome, now if only I understood how to use it).

Paid:
Softimage XSI (Hated it in my Half Life days, still don't like it today).
Maya (Never much liked this one much, interface is just retarded).
3D Max (I've used it for such a long time, but I am by no means a master, still In my view the best).
with Bryce 5 you can do a bit more than landscapes. you can import most 3d files, From 3dmax to light wave then its just a matter of textures, and most of them are in Bryce anyway, like clouds & fogs glass waters & liquids brushed silver and loads more.
its just so easy to get into.
this is just a quick render.

render time 55 seconds

And you can turn any 2d pic into a 3d model as long as you dont turn it.
lol the whole purpose is turning 2d pictures into 3d

also.. you can always tell its bryce because of cheap looking materials, unrealistic lighting.. strange fog, etc.
#10 - Davo
Best? I'd have to say it would be the inhouse made stuff for production studios working on animation. But if you're talking about lfs render then there's really a few good ones and not one 'best'. 3dsmax is the most used but it's not necesserily the best. Lightwave renders look damn good too.
Quote from XCNuse :

also.. you can always tell its bryce because of cheap looking materials, unrealistic lighting.. strange fog, etc.

Yeah right.
Quote from Dygear :Free (Or used to be):
Bryce (They did like a whole month for free, yeah it's meant for landscapes).
Bender (Totally Free, and Totally Awesome, now if only I understood how to use it).

Paid:
Softimage XSI (Hated it in my Half Life days, still don't like it today).
Maya (Never much liked this one much, interface is just retarded).
3D Max (I've used it for such a long time, but I am by no means a master, still In my view the best).

I wanna try abit of rendering but not for the prices of Maya and 3D Max.

I can't find that Bender program anywhere, and tbh the Bryce renders don't look the best. Maybe it's because they were quick jobs but I would rather try something that will have a nice finish.

If someone could point me in the right direction to get that Bender program, if it's still around, I would much appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.
#13 - Jakg
theres a 30 day free trial of 3DSMax, btw
Yeah I noticed that but judging by the renders I have seen, it will take me more than 30 days to get it right.

EDIT: Well maybe not 30, but if I do get it right I wouldn't be able to continue it.
#15 - Jakg
no it won't, using Ian H's excellent pre-made scenes i was banging out renders like this in about 3 hours
Quote from speedykev :Yeah right.

i can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not, but i'm being serious, you can point out almost any render and you can tell if it was rendered in bryce or something else
Quote from XCNuse :i can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not, but i'm being serious, you can point out almost any render and you can tell if it was rendered in bryce or something else

Nuse thats the first post I've seen you do without lol in it.
and no im not being sarcastic.
and i can tell renders made with bryce 3d max Brazil or vray for that matter,
so i dont see you point there. but i well say that i like renders made from all.
but lets face it $3000 for 3d max is a waste of money without $700 for brazil or vray. your lucky your talented with 3d max, i have 3d max brazil and vray, the renders i have done with brazil was ok be not good, vray i have no idea what to do with that one. and no time to learn.
so for me for now its Bryce 5.
hm... i think that might be like one of the probably 2 posts i dont have an lol in it

well if its a money condition its understandable then
as far as brazil goes though, or even vray for that matter, 3dsmax comes with the widest known and best.. yes i can even say it is the best, it is what all professionals use, called mental ray (and you've probably heard of it)

but look at it this way, the internet it a massive place, and thousands among thousands of people are using these programs and you can find tutorials, so its really not to much a problem for the average joe (well.. sometimes, but good tutorials are always being made, and if you're curious, 3dtotal is one of the better sites i've found for many apps and has lots of tutorials)
mental ray i find to slow at rendering on my pc, but im just building a new pc around the Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 Processor. i believe a good processor for rendering maybe then i will get back into 3d max.
for now im off to try and get some good lighting fx out of bryce, and maybe show just what bryce can do.

now a long time ago you posted this.
someone post a picture of what section of a track they want from top down and i will make it (for my own good) and will share it
here is the link.
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=8418&page=2
did you make this section of a track or what.
nope lol, i was thinking about it not that long ago though, just a month or so ago, i need to find that picture again, because now i know what i'm doing (low poly and UVW Mapping) so.. i'll see what i can come up with, i might start on an easier section though like the chicane at the beginning of the track, then go on from there
don't laugh but i just may have a go at this myself.
Bryce and Blender renders are OK to many people, but not to a professional standard like Mental Ray or Brazil. I saw a lot of Bryce/Blender renders have to use raytrace/reflection heavily to compensate the weakness of their shaders.

Bryce and Blender are capable to do 'some' very good 3D jobs. But software like 3Ds max is capable of doing 'much more'. It is all depend on how much you wanna pay and what your 3d requirements are, more importantly how interested are you in the world of 3D.
lol brazil isn't professional at all..

anyways, i'm posting curious if anyone knows how to set up a working suspension?

i've got the linking done, but i can't get the double A arms to rotate on their rotation point, they just.. move up and down completely
Quote from samyip :Bryce and Blender renders are OK to many people, but not to a professional standard like Mental Ray or Brazil. I saw a lot of Bryce/Blender renders have to use raytrace/reflection heavily to compensate the weakness of their shaders.

Bryce and Blender are capable to do 'some' very good 3D jobs. But software like 3Ds max is capable of doing 'much more'. It is all depend on how much you wanna pay and what your 3d requirements are, more importantly how interested are you in the world of 3D.

Thanks to your post I found that Blender program. Dygear originally posted it as Bender and I couldn't find it.:doh:

Reading some tutorials now, hopefully I'll have the hang of it soon.
Ok, instead of creating a new thread I'll just keep this one going.

I have watched 4 "Getting Started" tutorials for Blender and thought I'd try something. I went to the LFS Manual site, 3D Render Tutorial and noticed that the CMX Importer is only for 3Ds Max. So does anyone know how I can import/append LFS cars/mesh/wireframes/textures into Blender? Has anyone ever rendered LFS cars with this program? Will I just have to get 3Ds Max the alternative way?

(45 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG