Friday Practice 2:
http://www.formula1.com/race/result/772/29.html

Saturday Practice:
http://www.formula1.com/race/result/772/23.html

Quali:
http://www.formula1.com/race/result/772/24.html

Race:
http://www.formula1.com/race/result/772/8.html

I didn't see a discussion thread for the GP yet, so I made one. I will update this post with race results when they are available.

Discuss away!
Ferrari first in quali again >_< hopefully they'll lose the race like last week
Gwan Lewis!!
#4 - J.B.
Will be interesting to see if LH and FA are on different strategies or if LH really is already on such a high level. First corner should be interesting as Massa has said he won't leave as much room as he did in Sepang again.
Looking at the lap times in quali, it seems that Alonso and Raikkonen might be heavier in the fuel department than Hamilton and Massa. Just a guess though.

Go Kimi!! (now that he actually has a fresh engine that can be pushed to the limit)
We'll see if Massa can hold 'em, I wish Kimi wins , But We'll see...
did anyone catch massa's comments?

massa threatened hamilton with "an aggresive" race.

imo the t*at isnt too happy with our new stars success.

now i remember why i hate ferrari.
Quote from mr grady :did anyone catch massa's comments?

massa threatened hamilton with "an aggresive" race.

imo the t*at isnt too happy with our new stars success.

now i remember why i hate ferrari.

So far he hasn't. A good race going on so far, Massa coming under pressure from Hamilton after 9 laps.
"Joint leader of the championship, not bad for a rookie"

Couldn't have put it better myself, Massa drove a bulletproof race but Hamilton destroyed his team mate and has made F1 History. BMW need to sign up Nick Heidfeld for another 2 seasons pronto, why they are even thinking about not signing him for 2008 is a mystery to me.
PHWARR Lewis is amazing. 3 podiums in 3 races not to mention the small fact of joint championship lead. how great would it be for him to do a GP2 and win the championship in his rookie year?
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :"Joint leader of the championship, not bad for a rookie"

Couldn't have put it better myself, Massa drove a bulletproof race but Hamilton destroyed his team mate and has made F1 History. BMW need to sign up Nick Heidfeld for another 2 seasons pronto, why they are even thinking about not signing him for 2008 is a mystery to me.

Too true. It seems like all the concerns over McLaren signing Hamilton so early were quite unfounded.

Overall, the race was quite an entertaining one. Heidfeld seems to have upped his pace immensely; pretty impressive I must say. It's starting to look like this season will be a very close fight for the championship.
unsurprisingly the FIA is bumping up their rules, the one about not pitting while a safety car is out though i'm starting to like, right when i heard that it was a new rule i thought it was retarded, but now i kind of like this rule because now the teams really do have to have a good pitting strategy, and can't just wait for someone to crash, i think this is something NASCAR should do too, its a good rule
Räikkönen was doing really badly behind Alonso and could not get pass in better car when Heidfeld managed to get pass with lesser car. Massa was good as was Hamilton. Alonso was quite slow and only thing that kept him in the race was the T1. Räikkönen still needs to improve his starts.
Brilliant race by lewis!!! Massa seemed solid but he wasn't spectacular and was never reallyp ut under that much pressure as he had such a straightline speed advantage over hamilton... Kimi and Fernando were a bit meh, but Kimi made a better fight of it.

Great job to BMW and Red Bull, it will be interesting to see what they can make of the rest of the season and if they can start mixing it with the front four.

Other than that let's see some of the aero come off these cars it seems ridiculous that there is so little opportuinity to pass even if you have a clear speed advantage. The seccond GP2 race was fantastic and much more exciting...
Quote from Hyperactive :Räikkönen was doing really badly behind Alonso and could not get pass in better car when Heidfeld managed to get pass with lesser car. Massa was good as was Hamilton. Alonso was quite slow and only thing that kept him in the race was the T1. Räikkönen still needs to improve his starts.

Thats because the Ferrari is totally useless when behind other cars, it needs clean air. BMW have done a great job it seems, their cars are great when stuck behind other cars. I'm waiting for the aero update which should remove those ugly stick on wings and make the racing better.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Thats because the Ferrari is totally useless when behind other cars, it needs clean air. BMW have done a great job it seems, their cars are great when stuck behind other cars. I'm waiting for the aero update which should remove those ugly stick on wings and make the racing better.

I don't believe it. Massa had just a tiny bit faster car when he was trying to overtake Hamilton and he just had the patience to drive in the slipstream. Imho, Räikkönen was just way too eager to get pass but those small continuous mistakes meant that he couldn't just get close enough. Alonso's driving wasn't anything spectacular either, few small mistakes that should have cost him the place if Räikkönen had done it properly

Räikkönen will win in next round anyways, Hamilton being second Alonso versus Kubica...
Quote from XCNuse :unsurprisingly the FIA is bumping up their rules, the one about not pitting while a safety car is out though i'm starting to like, right when i heard that it was a new rule i thought it was retarded, but now i kind of like this rule because now the teams really do have to have a good pitting strategy, and can't just wait for someone to crash, i think this is something NASCAR should do too, its a good rule

It's like the champ car / IRL rule. It is roughly
  • When the safety car comes out, it doesn't wait for the leader. The pits are shut for refuelling immediately, but you can still change tyres or repair if you need to.
  • When all the cars are in a pack, the pit lane gets re-opened
  • When they are back in a pack again, there will be the restart.
I see Hamilton is currently on equal points with Alonso and Raikkonen. Wouldn't it be embarrassing for everybody if he won the championship without winning a race.
It was good to see Coulthard having a good race for a change, unlucky with the car giving up
Quote from thisnameistaken :I see Hamilton is currently on equal points with Alonso and Raikkonen. Wouldn't it be embarrassing for everybody if he won the championship without winning a race.

I think he will win races. Probably in Europe and best bet is Silverstone

Did anyone notice about Ferrari bringing back the suicide adverts?
Quote from duke_toaster :I think he will win races. Probably in Europe and best bet is Silverstone

Did anyone notice about Ferrari bringing back the suicide adverts?

At this rate, I think it's very hard to say that Hamilton will NOT win a race this season. I think he most definitely will if he is this consistent and fast throughout the season.
massa, hamilton and heidfeld all drove impressive races.

kimi and alonso, not so much. too many small mistakes, especially from kimi.

coulthard did manage to do a lot of passing before the car gave up, but i wonder how many of the other drivers let him pass for fear of having their heads taken off.

and what was with the commentary (on Speed TV)? they sounded like they were drunk or something. totally disorganized. at one point somebody made engine/gear change sounds into the microphone, overtop the real car sounds, and at another they broke out into complete non-sensical bumbling. disgraceful.
Quote from evilgeek :
and what was with the commentary (on Speed TV)? they sounded like they were drunk or something. totally disorganized. at one point somebody made engine/gear change sounds into the microphone, overtop the real car sounds, and at another they broke out into complete non-sensical bumbling. disgraceful.

They're like that all the time. Especially David Hobbs, that guy is a complete moron. Steve Matchett knows a good bit about the technical side but he can't commentate for the life of him. When he does his "C'MON PUSH IT!" grunting into the mike I want to strangle him.

All three SpeedTV commentators should be fired. They make that fool James Allen seem intelligent and dignified in comparison.
Quote from Lateralus :They're like that all the time. Especially David Hobbs, that guy is a complete moron. Steve Matchett knows a good bit about the technical side but he can't commentate for the life of him. When he does his "C'MON PUSH IT!" grunting into the mike I want to strangle him.

All three SpeedTV commentators should be fired. They make that fool James Allen seem intelligent and dignified in comparison.

Oh c'mon, Hobbs is hilarious! I love the SPEED team. Light hearted and great chemistry.
Quote from duke_toaster :Did anyone notice about Ferrari bringing back the suicide adverts?

Only for Bahrain I think? The barcodes are cooler anyway.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG