The online racing simulator
Forum site suggestion: Drift Forum
So in this Racing community, there are quite a few Drift fans...this is not uncommon in many motorsports related site.

There seems to be a lot of acrimony between the two groups, with fault found on both sides.

How about a Drifting in LFS subforum?

The Drifters would have a place of their own, where they would have to suffer the abuse of "RICEBOYZ" shouters, and the Racers wouldn't feel compelled to moan and whine about "another drift thread"

Personally, I'm a racer. I'm not interested in drifting either as a participant or spectator. To each, their own, I say.

But all the whining and tension that exists between the two groups has gotten...tedious. And boring.

Drifting in LFS subforum. Think about it, please (directed at Devs/Admins/Mods)
#2 - Jakg
LFSTorque.net not good enough now?
My first ever +1
Quote from Jakg :LFSTorque.net not good enough now?

Is LFSTorque.net an available link on the front page or readily available without asking? No...

Go back and read my initial post. I'm offering a solution for this site, to deal with the issues that seem to constantly be a source of irritation for both camps.

And, that solution was primarily directed to the ones with the keys to this place.

Thanks for playing.
I'm banned from lfs-torque.net, so I +1 for the drift section
#6 - dev
+1
well, if it stops every 2nd thread in the general discussions being about drifting, then its a +1 from me.
If that forum also doesn't show up in the new posts thingie, then you get +2 from me
+1 i like drifting but all the goddamn requests!!
It is a good idea...
a big +1 on this one.

but I wouldn't mind having a LX4 subforum .
+1.

Even though I do neither support drifting nor like it, I think it would be a good thing to separate the drifters from the racers. The drifters can go and talk about their balley* stuff, and the racers do not get annoyed by another first-post-first-topic about drifting.

*balley: Hey, drifting is the balley of motorsports... and dudes that do balley... hey... to each their own, I'd say
#14 - joen
+1 I guess. Make it have it's own improvement suggestions subforum though so all the drift specific suggestions can be thrown into it's own void
#15 - Jakg
Quote from St4Lk3R :+1.

Even though I do neither support drifting nor like it, I think it would be a good thing to separate the drifters from the racers. The drifters can go and talk about their balley* stuff, and the racers do not get annoyed by another first-post-first-topic about drifting.

*balley: Hey, drifting is the balley of motorsports... and dudes that do balley... hey... to each their own, I'd say

its ballet
Then I want my GTR subforum

Apples and oranges, Sternendaal
+1
We have this thing on Polish forum already.
Quote from NoQuarter :Apples and oranges, Sternendaal

You managed to spell my nick correctly in 1 try

Have no idea what your talking about tho

Instead, require all threads that contain the word drift to be premoderated.
+1
if all the (stupid) request for drift skins, setups, tracks, and stuff would be in that section
Quote from Sternendaal :You managed to spell my nick correctly in 1 try

Have no idea what your talking about tho

Apples and Oranges is an American (?) phrase that means unrelated topics

I assume since you like the GTR class, you are a racer as opposed to a drifter (unless you like both).

I am offering a solution to the racer/drifter animosity that so easily flares up on this forum. It's not just to provide a sub-forum for a special group of people because they are special, but to hopefully reduce some of the tensions between two apparently diametrically opposed groups.

Apples = racers (and racers who may or may not want their own class subforums)

Oranges = drifters, with a subforum separate from the racers

Cheers
GTRs, Tourings etc... Are related to race. So same section. Nor drifting is the opposite of racing; no grip, and the time isn't your first priority..
#24 - Jakg
just so you know, theres a whole drifting community (a big one!) at LFSTorque.net
-1, I recall a big heated debate a few years back when lfs was on rsc, about this issue and the possible fragmentation of the LFS community.
As a general principal, i think there is nothing to be gained and a lot to be lost from this 'tribalism' of wanting to belong to a LFS subset. It's a GAME, a recreational pastime and it can be enjoyed by many people on their own different levels. That's what makes it great. Embrace the differences, don't try to partition them off.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG