The online racing simulator
Yes - we must have this ASAP Great idea and something that really bugs me at the moment.
#27 - Jakg
Quote from bbman :Don't quote me on that, but I think those three are already available for scripting...

brake help isn't
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :It already does

If you leave it in Shifter mode, it will use that in the applicable cars and use the sequential controls on the cars where you can't use H.

not for me, and I always have to switch 3rd and 4th to Up-Shift and Down-Shift. when switching from shifter to sequential.
I have the paddles set to my up and down shifts so when I hop into a sequential tranny car I don't change any settings at all. I suppose, though, since you use your stick for the sequential cars you would need to change your settings; another reason this is a great idea. I mostly want it for the FFB settings; some cars are FFB heavy, some light, and some act wierd with the settings I use for other cars. I just can't be arsed to change it every time I change cars; I'd like this option so I Can set it on a per car basis.

I started a thread on this like a month ago (coulda sworn I Searched...) with a more in depth idea of how it would all work. If anyone had decent searching skills they should be able to find it. I can't lol.
Well... most can be done through the scripting system...

I'd like to show you my setting... (for G25)
In the \data\script folder there is a file for each car which only contains one command like "run road" for every road car (lx', fz5, uf1.....), "run paddle" for the formulas and "run sequential" for the race cars.

Then I have three files named road, paddle and sequential:

road
/shifter shifter
/button 8 gear_1
/button 9 gear_2
/button 10 gear_3
/button 11 gear_4
/button 12 gear_5
/button 13 gear_6
/button 14 reverse
/echo Shifter Setup loaded

paddle
/shifter sequential
/button 4 shift_up
/button 5 shift_down
/echo Paddle Setup loaded

sequential
/shifter sequential
/button 9 shift_up
/button 8 shift_down
/echo Sequential Setup loaded

Those scripts just change the gear changing mode and the assigned buttons. Nearly anything mentioned here can be changed through the scripting interface. (like FOV, force feedback strength)

It's just not thaaaaat intuitive for users who just look at the menu
-
(vari) DELETED by vari

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG