The online racing simulator

Poll : Would you like to see a "force setup" option in a future patch?

YES!!!, would be great! Everyone would have 100% the same carsetup, could be fun & close racing!
NO!!! it's not realistic, it's fun to tune your carsetup!
I thought that fixed/forced setups were a good idea until I read some of the replies/thoughts already posted. There's no way round the problem of different input devices that I can see, and it could actually demoralise newbies when they see how much slower they are compared to veterans using exactly the same setup.

What definitely needs to be done is limiting the setup options for the different cars. The road cars should only have the more basic things adjustable, with the fz50 being more adjustable than, say the uf1000. At the other end of the scale we have the GTR and formula cars, which should be kept as they are now with plenty setup options. Imo.

More importantly, we also need some decent default setups. I'd hate to think how many people have given LFS demo a shot, and taken a dislike to it because the default setups are verging on the undriveable on some track/car combinations.
I vote Bob be made a beta tester and given the task of making easy to drive default setups.
#53 - JeDa
Quote :I vote Bob be made a beta tester and given the task of making easy to drive default setups.

I agree!!!! Bob, have you allready some single seater setups?
Quote from KiDCoDEa :force setup (any) should/will be a admin-side option sooner or later.
just like force view (any) etc etc.

...yeah, what he said. I've been to servers where they did that, using
the honor system as far as everyone having the same set-up... If
that's what you're into, then fine. As for me, I like variety. I like seeing
different car models with different setups being used.
Yikes what is with the fixation on mandating roofs for UF1?!?

Roof on it looks like a top-heavy brick on wheels.
Roof off it looks like a sporty fun car!
Quote from JeDa :I agree!!!! Bob, have you allready some single seater setups?

Yeah, check the easy race setup pack, I included some a week or so ago.

Oh and I think Scawen has enough beta testers for now, but if he wants to give me the honour of making the default setups, I wouldn't say no.
if the default set is the "race 1" set then yes

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG