The online racing simulator
What is all this S3 talk
(23 posts, started )
What is all this S3 talk
Okay, so I am fairly new here and have been noticing talk of S3 in some posts. Can someone tell me what the plan is for this and what it might contain as I cant find anything official......

Thanks!
The only thing S3 is likely to have is weather and day/night, other than that, it's we'll see.
#3 - Gunn
#4 - ajp71
Quote from duke_toaster :The only thing S3 is likely to have is weather and day/night, other than that, it's we'll see.

Talk about rumour making, we have never had any official word on either of those
Only thing you need to know about S3 is that don't expect it to be released next week.
Quote from deggis :Only thing you need to know about S3 is that don't expect it to be released next week.

Or next month, maybe not even next year.

From what i have picked up (so could be wrong) LFS was going to be 4 stages, S1, S2, S3 and S4. Since the initial plan S4 has been dropped so it is now 3 stages. S1, S2 and S3 obviously. S1 was completed around 2 years ago, S2 is getting on 2 years old this summer (iirc) and isn't finished yet. So S3 will be sometime yet.

As for what it will contain, only the devs may know. We don't even know 100% what will be in S2 final. We are all here for the ride
Quote from duke_toaster :The only thing S3 is likely to have is weather and day/night, other than that, it's we'll see.

I'd like to second what ajp wrote, just for emphasis: Not a good idea to post something like this as if it was ever even a confirmed goal by the devs. Afaik, they've never said anything about it.
Quote from Greboth :Or next month, maybe not even next year.

From what i have picked up (so could be wrong) LFS was going to be 4 stages, S1, S2, S3 and S4. Since the initial plan S4 has been dropped so it is now 3 stages. S1, S2 and S3 obviously. S1 was completed around 2 years ago, S2 is getting on 2 years old this summer (iirc) and isn't finished yet. So S3 will be sometime yet.

As for what it will contain, only the devs may know. We don't even know 100% what will be in S2 final. We are all here for the ride

ok i think i worked it out 2 years for each s2 ect so if s2 is getting 2 years old then mm i think it be in the next two years will s3 come out so mm around 2009 i think we will see more s3.
Quote from Greboth :From what i have picked up (so could be wrong) LFS was going to be 4 stages, S1, S2, S3 and S4. Since the initial plan S4 has been dropped so it is now 3 stages. S1, S2 and S3 obviously. S1 was completed around 2 years ago, S2 is getting on 2 years old this summer (iirc) and isn't finished yet. So S3 will be sometime yet.

Don't forget the rumors about the rally pack after s2

The game is worth buying even it is just "alpha" at the moment.
Quote from faster111 :ok i think i worked it out 2 years for each s2 ect so if s2 is getting 2 years old then mm i think it be in the next two years will s3 come out so mm around 2009 i think we will see more s3.

I'm afraid it doesn't work this way, though. We don't (and probably not even the devs) know what will be in S3 and how hard it will be to implement whatever they have in mind. You never know what problems you might run in to ...
Quote from Greboth : S1, S2 and S3 obviously. S1 was completed around 2 years ago, S2 is getting on 2 years old this summer (iirc) and isn't finished yet. So S3 will be sometime yet.

Thinking out loud here; people who purchase S1 will still get physics and multiplayer updates, so it really isn't totally 'finished' per say. It just won't get new cars/tracks.

Quote from Greboth :

Sometimes the ride feels more like medieval torture Oh what the future holds...
Quote from srdsprinter :Thinking out loud here; people who purchase S1 will still get physics and multiplayer updates, so it really isn't totally 'finished' per say. It just won't get new cars/tracks.

That's right. With licenses you are buying the content, the game itself is free.
Was there not recent talk of abandoning the "stage" system?

I saw Tristan/Vykos mention it, but I never saw the original conversation.... Anyone know anything about this idea?
well, thanks all... I guess i can get from this that it's going to be a while

I don't mind.... Having the S2 is good enough for me and well worth the £££
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :Was there not recent talk of abandoning the "stage" system?

I saw Tristan/Vykos mention it, but I never saw the original conversation.... Anyone know anything about this idea?

i think they were just chatting, but it would make sense to say.. stage 1 and license 1 or whatever, something less confusing, because right now you have stage 2.. which.. is literally the stage, and a stage 2 license, which somehow confuses alot of people (not really sure why though)
BBT - yeah, there was a post from Scawen considering the future. Basically the idea behind possibly changing their original plans is that the gap between S2 and S3 is likely to be longer than S1 to S2, which will be too large. So he mentioned he was toying with the idea of breaking S3 down into smaller, individual chunks or something. No doubt once it is decided there will be an official announcement, but I'd imagine they're concentrating on getting S2 to final first.
Linky?
who knows maybe theyll even have clucth sound.
Quote from StableX :Okay, so I am fairly new here and have been noticing talk of S3 in some posts. Can someone tell me what the plan is for this and what it might contain as I cant find anything official......

Thanks!

Easiest answer to that one, is nobody knows, so do what we are all doing and stick around and wait and see
-
(Viper93) DELETED by Viper93
Quote from Fordman :Easiest answer to that one, is nobody knows, so do what we are all doing and stick around and wait and see

#21 - Gunn
Quote from ZerFEr :Don't forget the rumors about the rally pack after s2

IIRC the rally pack idea was not a rumour. It wasn't a promise though either.
Oh my oh my....

This conversation reminds me of the one about "when S2 will be release" back in old forum.... those were the times... i had a hard time waiting for S2, all the Devs did were feeding us with some screenies that made us feel worse ...

so, when S3 is "almost done", the Devs would feed us with screenies one year before launch, so relax, have fun with S2 and beat that time record.

yes, we dont have any info about future s3 but...
rally stage was not a rumour, and was intended by devs:
http://www.planet3dgames.de/index.php?site=news&id=1798

considering other race sims development (forza2, gtr2) and previous discussions here and at rsc/lfs, in s2 focus point is proper dynamic suspension and tyre modelling while in s3 dynamic environment would be the main issue (aero effects, water/rain/dust/rubbering) and other parts of vehicle (transmission, engine).

What is all this S3 talk
(23 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG