The online racing simulator
Honda F1 skin
(74 posts, started )
Quote from TurboLag :Just wondering: Is the placement of the continents/land areas accurate?
GREAT job btw!

yes, so far...

africa is on the front of the car, you should be able to make out the UK and france..at the top of the monocock...

australia is on the bottom of the left sidepod..and when its done america will be on the right of the car..

am currently making the countries clearer...still no good pictures of the right side of the car...so its taking a while, hopefully it'll be done soon..

in the mean time...some screens..(i run LFS on a laptop with not a lot of power...so it will look a hell of a lot better on people's PCs)

Nice one m8 when will it be finished??
i'm telling you, use google earth and make all the land green... its so artifacty looking, it looks... weird

looks like a 512x512 skin
Quote from Tur8o :Nice one m8 when will it be finished??

not any time soon, i'm real busy at the moment and cant find many good shots of the other side of the car. It will be finished at some point though

XCnuse -

No! I'm not going to be using google earth. It does not look right..at all. I cant just change the colours because the detail within the countries is wrong. If i used Google earth the countries would have roads, cars..all that on there..which is totally wrong.

If you think it looks that bad then why not make a skin using google earth yourself, i dont pretend to be one of these godlike skinning people..just i like the Honda so thought i'd give it a go because i like the car. If some people dont like the results then they dont have to use the skin
woa.. can't imagine you're into business then at all with that kind of attitude

hate to break it to you, but there are roads in the world today
Quote from XCNuse :woa.. can't imagine you're into business then at all with that kind of attitude

hate to break it to you, but there are roads in the world today

Actually, I'm kinda siding with Iron_Maiden on this one; there's different methods but you've repeatedly told him how to make the skin and he's repeatedly told you he will do it his way. I'd be annoyed if I were him, too.

Skin is looking quite nice so far. Very difficult task this skin is, for sure.
Quote from XCNuse :hate to break it to you, but there are roads in the world today

yeah but they are not shown on the honda f1 car
fine i'll make my own, but it still looks like a 512x512 skin you have to agree with me on that, especially speaking from the cockpit view

the way i look at texturing and skinning and all that stuff i say if you're going to do a job.. might as well do a good job
actually the first image there looks bad. The shine from the skin viewer makes it look very blurry....

This is how its looking right now...

This is going to take a long time...but i promice it'll look good in the end. The problem i'm having is that the picture that goes on the Honda car..doesnt fit so well on the BMW. For example the Honda does not have a barge board but does have a sidepod fin thing...so somewhere along the line i've had to kind of...make some bits up or stretch some bits..to fit on the car.

In the end...hopefully all the countries will have a clear outline and the image will be quite sharp. Theres a lot of new pictures now which should help getting the textures right...but its gona take a while
Keep going Iron_Maiden, it's looking promising.

Nuse, The google earth images look nothing like the images on the car, other than they show Earth. Do a quick comparison and you'll see. However, I'd love to see your attempt at a Google Earth version soon
i think honda put all their work into the new paint job rather than the car ^^ the skin is looking good, your doing a good job of it
#40 - axus
Quote from axus :Coming from you?

Shouldn't it be from you coming

Skins is looking good, waiting to see the sharpened up version.
yo maiden m8 you could check the google earth and try that i went on it yesterday and it is veeeerrry high def so you could try in lol
Quote from Tur8o :yo maiden m8 you could check the google earth and try that i went on it yesterday and it is veeeerrry high def so you could try in lol

Check that bloody bad grammer please.

Back on topic, your doing well on the skin and we all will apreciate the final version of this skin. Definatly the hardest skin to create that I've seen so far!
Quote from Dalek0220 :Check that bloody bad grammer please.

Back on topic, your doing well on the skin and we all will apreciate the final version of this skin. Definatly the hardest skin to create that I've seen so far!

What you mean grammar hay i check it, it fine?????
yes
is it a MAP skin of like matbe the globe>
Quote from Tur8o :What you mean grammar hay i check it, it fine?????

That hay is is supposed to be hey. it fine is supposed to be it's fine, bla bla bla...
nice work maiden

Just a question, have you been working at a high res with this? like 2048? It will help avoid the blurries when you are transforming things multiple times to line up.

I understand getting this completely accurate is a huge task, so a less detailed version is still a top effort. You've managed to get the colours perfect
How far are you from finishing this skin. A screeney would do nicely. But I told my mum, and she thinks it's a VERY DIFFICULT SKIN!
Quote from Burnzoire :nice work maiden

Just a question, have you been working at a high res with this? like 2048? It will help avoid the blurries when you are transforming things multiple times to line up.

I understand getting this completely accurate is a huge task, so a less detailed version is still a top effort. You've managed to get the colours perfect

Its in 1024, i cant currently make a 2048 version because it would mean resizing the images i'm using to make it...and making them a lot less clear. Though, once this is done i will have a go...

Dalek0220 -

I'm not that far, most of the car is done but i'm still having problems with the side you cant see in the photo's.

The problem being that it has south america on it...and the photo's i've been using to make the car dont show that side. I'm gona have to get an outline and paint it in or something...but it'll take a while. I havent been able to work on it much lately but i promice to finish it soon
After 4 races, Honda still havent changed the paint, so it looks as a perma-skin. South America should be where you need it. Oh god... and the car is not doing what it needs to do.

Honda F1 skin
(74 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG