The online racing simulator
What ever happened to LFS t-shirts?
A while back the devs had a thread about LFS t-shirts. What ever happened to that? I still want one!
I remember something from irc, that there were problems with the website.
Some guy backed out or...don't know exactly.
But I'm sure we will get them some day.
Vicc is still working on it, but starting some kind of business seems to be a bigger problem than running it these days (meaning that some mechanism are too slow)...
Vic is starting a business in Holland, of course it takes long...
With the so-called 'raamambtenaren' over here it'll take at least another two months.
No idea what the legal process is to get things running but I know Vic has the t-shirts ready and waiting.
I hope they'll come with the beta version. Atleast come on sale.
Quote from Frankmd :Vic is starting a business in Holland, of course it takes long...

All that :bandit: and :banana_ra must take its toll

Or in larger scale: :hbomb:
yep, it's a waiting 'game' ... especially for the financial sides like accepting credit card payments, which is basically the last thing I'm waiting for at the moment. Although the shipping part takes a while to setup properly as well, as I need to support the entire range of postal methods (global shipping). I'm currently on the last leg of that too though.

I really hope to open shop later this month, but only time will tell Unfortunately they don't listen to me when i tell'm to hurry up

edit - actually the legal (business registration) side of things was done in 1 afternoon
Good to hear it's going well, or forward at least

But somehow, the word 'legal' and that smiley don't go well together in the same sentence :P
heh, legal just means getting my business registered with Chamber or Commerce and tax office.
#12 - axus
Especially with the word legal in inverted commas... you might consider re-editing that, Victor.

But yeah, good to see it'll be up and running soon. I'd be proud to wear the LFS logo on a T-shirt, just because of you guys' approach to the whole project.
Cool, looking forward to finally being able to get one
Quote from axus :Especially with the word legal in inverted commas... you might consider re-editing that, Victor.

But yeah, good to see it'll be up and running soon. I'd be proud to wear the LFS logo on a T-shirt, just because of you guys' approach to the whole project.

better? :P
another question ... do you already know what shipping within europe will cost ?
that highly depends on the destination country and shipping type and how many items are ordered.

German example when ordering 4 shirts :
cheapest, but slowest delivery : 8 euro
most expensive but fastest (and tracable) : 9.91

not too much difference there, but that is because germany has a great deal for the fast delivery method. Portugal for example is an entirely different story :
mid-level, : 11 euro
most expensive but fastest (and tracable) : 32.70 euro
(this is the extreme though)

So it varies per country and by how far away the destination country is from holland and what deal the postal office has made with that country.
Also price depends on whether the country is an EU country, rest of europe or rest of world (of course I'd almost say)
Quote from Victor :that highly depends on the destination country and shipping type and how many items are ordered.

German example when ordering 4 shirts :
most expensive but fastest (and tracable) : 9.91

not too much difference there, but that is because germany has a great deal for the fast delivery method. Portugal for example is an entirely different story :
mid-level, : 11 euro
most expensive but fastest (and tracable) : 32.70 euro
(this is the extreme though)

So it varies per country and by how far away the destination country is from holland and what deal the postal office has made with that country.
Also price depends on whether the country is an EU country, rest of europe or rest of world (of course I'd almost say)

That is insane for shipping! I thought the European Union would eliminate such high shipping prices.
I'll have to stop wasting my money
Quote from jayhawk :That is insane for shipping! I thought the European Union would eliminate such high shipping prices.

what, all of those?

US shipping price for the above 4-item order : 13.50 euro for slowest method.

These cheapest prices are prices that simply cannot be done cheaper (by me). No bulk contract possible for that or so. It's the way it is.

---

Was just in the news today : dutch postal office firing loads of employees and even degrading salary of those staying.

I don't think parcelshipping will become cheaper any time soon.
Quote from jayhawk :That is insane for shipping! I thought the European Union would eliminate such high shipping prices.

You're kidding right? Try shipping something within the UK and you'll be horrified.
I am living in Seattle.. that will be a painful shipping fee for me..
BUT I still want one
Middle of the United States. mmhhh shipping will be more expensive than the flipp'n product Worth it of course. Unless I go to my local shirt design store and just say I want one for myself...
Quote from wheel4hummer :A while back the devs had a thread about LFS t-shirts. What ever happened to that? I still want one!

Same as lfs, 2 people knitting\stamping eachone by hand, if you want you can pay double the price and get half a tshirt faster, or triple the price and you get a complete t-shirt! The catch is, since its handmade, you cant get a set delivery date.
You guys in the US could think about placing mass-orders, so the shipping costs won't be that high. That's what I did when ordering in the drivers emporium shop a long time ago (I guess these were the only de items that actually arrived in europe as well ).

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG