The online racing simulator
Cones. Now you see them...
(3 posts, started )
#1 - SamH
Help! I can't figure out the problem and I've tried everything I can think of.

http://www.ukct.net/dlfiles/gfxlfs.wmv

Here are my graphic settings, and an example of the problem. As you can see road markings and cones appear and disappear at random, as you move the camera.

Has anyone got a solution to solve this? I'm trying to make a movie, but the appearing and disappearing things are way too distracting. Any help would be gratefully received!
Things that appear and dissapear are LOD issues afaik, and the only way to keep them visible is to use a really really low FOV angle, but still that really limits what you can do. But in this case, it is Fern Bay, and FE is riddled with problems like this.

Just make sure you have Dynamic LOD Reduction turned all the way down/off (MISC options), and User LOD on its highest. Some other settings, but I can't remember them atm. No matter how hard you try though, LFS still has a limit for things in the distance, and there really is no fixing this. I've really disliked it to be honest, and it hasn't change in LFS for a long while
#3 - Rikki
thx for explaining, this saves me a lot of time trying to get rid of these objects popping up. Hope they will fix this as it diminish the 'being there' sensation.

Are you sure about the use lod at the highest? Anyone can confirm and/or explains on other settings that will contribute to the best image possible? Thanks in advance.

(3 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG