The online racing simulator
Whats a good steer rate and return rate for drifting?
I'm having some trouble drifting with the XRT . If you have a good drift setup please post it and the steer rate and return rate you drift with.
Any help would be greatly appricated,
Thanks, Nosbox.

P.S. Here's my crappy FXO drift set. I only adjusted the height of the hard track set. Also, you need to have your steer rate and return rate both at 90 for good results. FXO TURBO_drift.set
Attached files
FXO TURBO_drift.set - 132 B - 1117 views
Quote from Nosbox :
I'm having some trouble drifting with the XRT . If you have a good drift setup please post it and the steer rate and return rate you drift with.

Any help would be greatly appricated,
Thanks, Nosbox.

P.S. Here's my crappy FXO drift set. I only adjusted the height of the hard track set. Also, you need to have your steer rate and return rate both at 90 for good results. FXO TURBO_drift.set

So is it the XRT or the FXO you are trying to drift?
XRT. I was just messing round with the FXO. But I want to drift in the XRT.
Quote from Nosbox :XRT. I was just messing round with the FXO. But I want to drift in the XRT.

OK, well it depends on setup how violent you need to be with the steering. You need to find a way to break the back lose at corner entry and then use power oversteer and counter steering on exit.

Practice is your best bet.
if u havent noticed it, FXO is a FWD car.
FWD & drift = lol

anyway, XRT is soooo easy to drift with any setup, even race_s doesnt require much practice.
but as u seem to be a beginner take this set (which is from team inferno).
Attached files
XR GT TURBO_drift_SWC_A1262.set - 132 B - 283 views
Ok, so just practice and the set that Boosted posted.
Thanks
lock the diff if it isn't already locked, and are you using keyboard?
Quote from BenjiMC :lock the diff if it isn't already locked, and are you using keyboard?

yes he is otherwise the whole question wouldnt make any sense

the best advice i can give you is to take a look at lfs-torque.net and ask jack (i think his name on the torque forum is sir.sideways) he doesnt really come here but hes one of the best keyboard drifters i know (actually i think hes the only good one i know)
Here is a beguiner drift set

dont use it all your life becuase its skills are limeted so it will train you really, giiod drifters who try this will think its crap so dont burn me up jus tyet, beguiners will find it good to trin maybe.

Attached files
XR GT TURBO_Beguiner APR.set - 132 B - 299 views
Quote from BenjiMC :lock the diff if it isn't already locked

no.
why? cuz an open diff makes the car easier to control, the right thing for a beginner.
and with an open diff u can just drift as good as with locked diff.
Quote from BenjiMC :and are you using keyboard?

What Shotglass said. And thanks Dizzlez for your set! I'm about to try it.
Quote from [RCG]Boosted :no.
why? cuz an open diff makes the car easier to control, the right thing for a beginner.
and with an open diff u can just drift as good as with locked diff.

I began drifting with a locked diff, clutch pack had too much control for me

btw Mouse ftw!
Quote from Nosbox :What Shotglass said. And thanks Dizzlez for your set! I'm about to try it.

no problem i was gonan send my set but its too slidy for a beguiner sorry, and its persoanl >_< well i hope the set is ok

Quote from BenjiMC :
btw Mouse ftw!

Wheel FTW!

yeah Benji is correct is u dont have a wheel use a mouse u can use keyboard stabalised too you know i know many verry good drifters who use keyboard stabalised (KS) and some use mosue (M)

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG