The online racing simulator
Advice for starting teams!
(15 posts, started )
I'm gonna open this thread because i'm getting so sick of reading all those posts about JOIN MY TEAM!!!WJROE@#U@O#@!@$#@!!! NOW. WE ARE SKILLET END OWR INGLISH IS NUT RILLY GUT!!

So that was maybe a bit aggressive but still i had to get it off my chest

Now some things i would recommend for people who are thinking about starting a team:

1) Make sure you have decide on a name for the team. ( Don't go openly discussing it on the forum. This looks rather unproffesional. )

2) Make sure you have some members. I would recommend about 4 to 5 members at least. ( Starting a team with 1 or 2 people would only make you to do hasty descissions about letting other racers join your team )

3) Make sure you have a website. A good one not a freewebs. ( This looks more proffesional and more appealing to racers who are thinking about applying. )

4) Have certain standard of accepting other racers into your team. But don't make them to high. ( To high is wenn racers in your team at the moment or yourself can't match up to them. )

5) Think about the goals you wanna reach with your team. Do you wanna be one of the best? Do you just want to have some fun? I personally think these things do matter. If your goal is to be one of the best you will have to show much more dedication to the game and team then if you just looking for some old fashion fun.

6) Make sure you have skins for your cars ready. And not just Black with a the teamname in white on the side. Make it look more proffesional. Like i explained before this makes the team much more appealing to the other racers.

7) Don't go discussing things on this forum. ( practice sessions, team member issues. ) What ever is going on in your team should stay in your team. If everyone can see the dirty laundry then the integrity of the teamname will drop.

8) Start driving in league's so people will get to know you and can see how much you are improving and show off that dedication. ( if you have it of course )

If people who just started a team and have any questions just feel free to ask it right here. I would be happy to answer it(if possible). Like what kind of league would be best to join first. What kind of standards should every person match before joining the team. Where can you get free websites. Etc. Etc.

This is just a short list of a few things i would recommend. If anyone have any suggestions or wanna discuss it here feel free to.

My regards,

Tom
#2 - Davo
My advice, don't start teams because you can't join one. There's always a team that is looking for people, some teams don't advetrtise they are recruiting but are always accepting of new members, if they fit with the team philosophy. So you're better off joining an established team then starting your own. If no team will take you, then I'd start looking at yourself and what you can offer.

Personally I'm sick of all these teams starting up and lasting a week, or teams accepting anyone into their team because they need members. Get to know your fellow racers then you can make a decision.
+1 to both of you, all these new teams are takin the piss abit now
I agree with the both of you but as in everything else there are exceptions. Yes alot will only last a week or so thats inevitible but all these big teams had to start somewhere too.

But for those starting a team, don't just think about members think about what you can offer your members, recruitment policies etc.. as discussed above. But one of the most important factors is also providing for your team, such as setting up a site, forums game servers and possibly voice comms such as ventrillo or teamspeak. Organisation is also a key factor you won't get far if there is a total communication breakdown or your team only plays the game once a month or so.

It's kind of a give and take thing, what can you give your potential members and what can your potential members give to you. And as said don't just take on anyone since that will only cause trouble trust me! lol Get to know your drivers, watch them race engage in coversation with them in servers (when the race is over :razz. Then if you are sure they would be an asset to the team throw an invite their way.

The whole make a forum post now your an established team is pretty silly. In order to get something out of it you need to put a hell of alot in, same with any gaming community. I'm trying to do the same with my team, yeah some might class it as one of these new "forum teams" but i spend many hours a day keeping the team organised, working on the website thinking of ways I can generally improve the user experience etc...

So in conclusion I would reccomend taking time before starting a team it really isnt something you can just jump into and then expect to get far.
#5 - garph
Good thread my man, all this forum team stuff really gets on a lot of peoples nerves..........including mine, I had to stop coming into this section for a while otherwise I would have thrown my PC out of the window.

Hope this works/helps.

Davo is right though. If you really need a team either to socialize or get better or just having fun. One thing i hate is people make a team and next day they ditch it. You DONT HAVE TO make a new team when you feel like it okay.. so yeah basically find a team that has decent good racers and not potty mouths that say more than they do and chose a team which suits your style of driving

EDIT :WOHOO 100th Post :laola:
Sir, this is NOT a "join my clan/team/club/etc." thread. This is an informational guide for teams on how to start a team with a plan, desire, and dedication to make it last more than a day or two.

DAVO: Very good advice there. To share my experience with teams, CoRe was started by two friends who enjoyed racing against each other. They got together and decided to form the team, but didn't go blasting all over the forums "JOIN MY TEAM". They waited until they found people that they felt were good fits for CoRe and then asked them to join, individually. We've done it that way for almost 2 years now (April 9th ), and it is the only way, IMHO, to make sure the team-dynamic thing is something that won't make your team go bust after a week. Get to know the people before you add them to your team, especially if your team is very young.

Also, you have to make sure that the people you are racing with can race at relatively the same time. I was on Global Racing and 4Sight Racing before CoRe, and neither worked out because both of those team were primarily EU, which put us online at different times 90% of the time.
#8 - garph
one of the best FREE site builders has got to be Spruz.
even though the site would be something like
myclansite.aowp.com

It has some great layouts, graphics, unlimited bandwidth, member moderation.
It is best for people who are starting a clan.

Hope I helped,
TK!
#10 - Davo
Dead fish clan rokx read the thread it's linked to hehe
I agree with allot of you guys but i don't think you can stop people from creating team so i think it's best to give them some points to look after. This is all for the best of the LFS Community.

I see so many useless threads about teams getting created and that's the only thing you see. A Thread. There is nothing after that thread. Usually the team accepts every single member that applies and then dies after one week.

@Shibby
No complaints towards your team mate. You have a good website www.fibracing.com !!(Free advertise!!) I have seen in your forum that a certain person ( not gonna name him/her ) got denied from your team. That means your not to greedy for racers. That's how it should be.

Currently Clownpaint is also looking for racers but you don't see us making a post.

Join Clownpaint
email blabla

We made a more proffesional thread on this forum. It's more comfortable to read and it attracts more attention from viewers.

If anyone has any suggestions about what new teams should think about or get in order first just reply here and i'll put it in post #1.

My regards,

Tom
Quote from battle :
@Shibby
No complaints towards your team mate. You have a good website www.fibracing.com !!(Free advertise!!) I have seen in your forum that a certain person ( not gonna name him/her ) got denied from your team. That means your not to greedy for racers. That's how it should be.

Hehe thanks! Yeah I must admit when I first got into the whole team thing mid last year I did make the mistake of letting anyone in and it soon fell apart. It's always better to have fewer drivers that you regularly talk to and get to know before they join rather than a huge list of people that you've barely even said 2 words to.
I´d say gather up all the good advice discussed here into the first post and make this thread a sticky.

That´s all the advice I have unfortunately....
Yeah well i'm sure there are more advices to be given so let's just keep this thread running and we will see how it develops and if it's any good maybe the mods decide to makte it sticky
come guys keep the post running. Allot of people say they are annoyed by it then give those people some advice here so they at least get a good start.

(15 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG