The online racing simulator

Poll : Who deserves to be respected more?

The very fast drivers who don't neccessarily have WRs and aren't as devoted.
No doubt, WR setters are the the ones to look up to and admire. Absolute devotion.
I respect people who drive professionally in the real world.
LFS is a game, very enjoyable, but still a game.

As a game, I enjoy racing against people who can control their
emotions and their cars - i.e. realizing you're about to pull a
Coulthard, and backing off and waiting for a more suitable opportunity.

A quality player understands all the cars around him, and anticipates
how to deal with situations safely, and god forbide, finishes one position further back rather than doing something desperate that will probably take
other people out.
Quote from col :imo the folks who should get most respect are the ones who race hard but fair and are always courteous to others (including noobs!).

Whoops! That counts me out - I'm always a right dick to th84.

He loves it though.
Quote from thisnameistaken :Whoops! That counts me out - I'm always a right dick to th84.

He loves it though.

I'm out as well!

No matter how rude I am to him, he still stalks me every night, Kev. (He'll be along any minute now to confirm this)
You should've given the both option.

I respect anyone who is friendly, and a good clean racer. I try my hardest to race fairly and cleanly. Yes its annoying if you get tapped. I completely have no time for someone who has no patience (even if you have a blue flag), and tips you off rather than wait a corner so you can let them pass.

As far as I'm concerned; any drivers who treat everyone with the same good grace and friendliness deserves respect. Those who don't, I have no time for.

Respect certainly won't make you faster; but it will win you more friends, and more help when you need it, but mostly, it will give an enjoyable time within the game; and thats why we play it. <Steps off soapbox>

Ven
Quote from CSU1 :Yep ,your online at oval junkies.lmfao!

The way I see it is if a guy is screaming up behind me and is no doubt faster than me as he is blasting through corners and killing his set every two laps I dont have much respect for the way he drives because all he wants is a quick time and doesnt care if he takes others out in the process.

That is not racing, no respect there; thus he wouldnt get past me UNLESS he showed me he was prepared to carry out a propper overtaking manouver.

I admire watching faster drivers but they usually show little knowledge of propper racecraft.

From time to time you can have great races on the oval actully
Deserve respect, just because they have a world record or do fast laps?

I give respect and friendliness to people who try to be friendly, understanding and forgiving racers. Which is what I try to be.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG