The online racing simulator
Drift Lessons in the Training section
Hello all,

What do you think of having some Drifting Lessons in the Training section of LFS ?

Soundcrash
There already is one, on the skidpad, I think with the RAC. You need to hang the back end out a little bit in order to get the car to turn to get Pro.

Besides that, drifting is not racing, so no.
+1,
who said LFS was only racing?
100 % yes!!!!!!!!!!
Quote from Smurfen :+1,
who said LFS was only racing?

The devs did when they called it an "Online Racing Simulator". The fact you can drift if you so choose is merely a side effect of the realistic physics and is neither supported or endorsed by the devs.
I dunno, given the fact that drifting in other sims is awkward at best, having a little 'official' snippet of it in LFS would give it a leg up. Couldn't do any harm, anyway ...
Quote from Forbin :The devs did when they called it an "Online Racing Simulator". The fact you can drift if you so choose is merely a side effect of the realistic physics and is neither supported or endorsed by the devs.

Ever heard of race drifting? no? wich world are you people from...
Quote from Slidaaaa :Ever heard of race drifting? no? wich world are you people from...

which world are YOU from?!

"couples figure skating race".. does that make any sense to you?

"race drifting" lol, its like the special olympics, for "special" lfs kids.

sigh, just stick to your nfs games, they cater to your type.
Quote from Slidaaaa :Ever heard of race drifting? no? wich world are you people from...

Drifting the motorsport and drifting the racing technique are two different things. Factchecking FTW
Excuse -ME, its possible, its a sport, not saying i aprove or support it, but its a variation of drifting and it also requires lots of skills, and people do it in real life has been decades, but offcourse it needs different structure, judges (i know it is early the underground version of what became the D1 type of judge for Drift, born on streets nobody cared about judging), so that shouldnt be considered on Lfs in my opinion, but its there for long time, ok scumbag now you know.
Drifting is a useful car control skill and can and is used as a tranining method in real life. Imho, a few drifting lessons would be all good in LFS. Even if LFS is a racing sim it still doesn't mean that drifting is just a side effect.
Quote from luftrofl :Drifting the motorsport and drifting the racing technique are two different things. Factchecking FTW

Not talking about any of those, Drifting the motorsport we know today and the way we judge it is one thing, the "drift" that happens during race has nothing to do with it.

How hard is it to understand, its just a variation of the Drift (motorsport) we know today,being the main challenge to go the faster as possible without killing the drift at any moment, wich requires very high skill thottle and momentum control, imho its pretty fkn hard...
#13 - wark
Quote from JamesK :Couldn't do any harm, anyway ...

Well, some people are biased against that sort of thing and it would be a stigma which would turn them away from LFS. Of course, while the opposite at the same time is true, that's a bold statement.

What exactly is `race drifting`?

The word race suggests a competiton where the fastest person wins... so the fastest person would be the one who doesn't drift...

Keiran
Quote from keiran :What exactly is `race drifting`?

The word race suggests a competiton where the fastest person wins... so the fastest person would be the one who doesn't drift...

Keiran

Read my other posts duh, and NO, wins the fastest person that kept the drift longer, little brains there huh
You can park in LFS too. Can we have a couple of parking lessons?
And how the hell would LfS define if I passed or not?

"Uh, I spun there, I think I... - WUH? Pro? Yay, lucky me!"

Slidaaa, please show tournaments or competitions where such "race drifting" is to be used... Otherwise, you're talking a load of BS, as always...
#18 - joen
I think we should have city driving lessons.
i will support it
Quote from bbman :And how the hell would LfS define if I passed or not?

"Uh, I spun there, I think I... - WUH? Pro? Yay, lucky me!"

Slidaaa, please show tournaments or competitions where such "race drifting" is to be used... Otherwise, you're talking a load of BS, as always...

Since D1 rules where introduced i dont think anybody does it anymore, there are some small tournamentes on old versions of Bmi - hot version, but those are on touge only, theres some done on the street's wich you can find at late 80's to early 90'ss underground japaneses street racing videos, but are rare stuff on internet, i guess you are gona have to watch Fast Furious tokyo to find out ROFLEZ its tehre biotch (i havent watched it yet but i guess by trailers), but really, if u think its BS, wathever, ignore me if you want,say bad words, but this is my last post,why i waste my time trying to correct someone that doesnt care if im right or not.
At this point you're not exactly helping your case ...
OT: Try reading his last post in one breath God damn my pedantic inner-monolouge when reading what people post.

Oh and -1 from me because !GENERALLY! I think it would attract the wrong crowd, and it would be a shame if it's what LFS became associated with after all the effort that's been put into it.
Can open.
Worms Everywhere.
Hum... There's one thing I don't understand. In every sport, the goal appart from having fun is to win. How the hell do you win in Drift? NFS games have point systems for that, so it's pretty clear, but in LFS? You're supposed to go around the track and actually race & drift at the same time? Sounds like a demo-derby to me!

Else, hmm... I won't stop people from drifting (because I can't), but if I had a nuke, I would.

Seriously, it's just proving that you can actually lose control... and keep losing it for the whole turn! Congratulations!
Quote from boosterfire :
Hum... There's one thing I don't understand. In every sport, the goal appart from having fun is to win. How the hell do you win in Drift? NFS games have point systems for that, so it's pretty clear, but in LFS? You're supposed to go around the track and actually race & drift at the same time? Sounds like a demo-derby to me!

Else, hmm... I won't stop people from drifting (because I can't), but if I had a nuke, I would.

Seriously, it's just proving that you can actually lose control... and keep losing it for the whole turn! Congratulations!

LFS is not only about race! Check the caribbean cruse server! It's often full and it s not about race! LFS provides cars that tend to react as real ones and we do whatever we want with them

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG