The online racing simulator
Newey signs for Red Bull!
(14 posts, started )
Woah, big uh-oh for McLaren...
Typical money talks in F1 situation.

I don't think it will make as big of an impact as you'd think it would though.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
just saw it myself now, looks bad for kimi in 2006 specially since ferrari should be up at the sharp end again and teams need to be at their peak to challenge them when they are on form. as i'm a renault fan though i'm hoping they can overcome both and fend of the rising redbull's and toyota's and looks like BAR....errr honda will be hoping to finally improve on their 2004 sesson. lot of pressure in alot of teams.
Newey isnt the end all, be all technical director. Sure, he's been damn successful, and he is highly regarded, but lets not put it past anyone else to do his job.
#6 - MR_B
My jaw hit this desk when i read it. Being a hardcore Mclaren nut, i dont know whether to cry, or smile n wish him the best........I think i'll do both :P.... I Wish he didnt go to RedBull, and he went to Torro Rosso!! (or however you spell it)
How awesome would that be? :P
Hmmm....I wonder how much information he brings to the RedBull. Lets hope this doesnt effect on McLarens performance in 2006
#8 - ORION
I guess it will rather make RedBull faster than McLaren slower
-
Quote from Blackout :Hmmm....I wonder how much information he brings to the RedBull. Lets hope this doesnt effect on McLarens performance in 2006

i think about 5-10 years ago a high profile engineer switched teams but wasn't allowed to start working for them for 6-12 months to ensure he didn't leak any current technology. it brings up a strange situation with confidentiality of technical information. as an engineer i've always wondered if i switched jobs and saw them doing something differently and less efficiently where do i draw the line between breaking confidentiality clauses and not? good thing i'm not practicing yet and am only still a student. hahahahahhah speedfreak227
-
Hmm, that`s strange but interresting.
#11 - JJ72
Redbull are just as faceless as any cooperation, probably it's just me watching too much of these cooperate identity thingys and marketing catches, it somehow kept me from getting anywhere near exciting about these gimmicks.......these are just science, just a psychology game, oh well I might be thinking too much........
i wonder where red bull got all the money from. They have only one product. Ok, it's totally overpriced and marketleader, but still, you can't drink red bull the whole day.
And on the other hand they are definitely the company with the most sponsoring around. Especially in the young and fun sports, there is no event without a red bull sponsoring.
Not to mention motorsports: 2 F1 teams, the junior formula teams, Dakar Rally, DTM, etc.
#13 - MR_B
good point! Can I smell some dodgy dealings going on?
-
Quote from thisnameistaken :That's a good question! They do seem to spend a fortune on promotions, it's hard to understand how they could possibly recoup all that money by selling tins of sugary water, but I suppose they must be doing OK.

According to http://www.hoovers.com/red-bul ... -/free-co-factsheet.xhtml, they rack in about $2 billion a year. I think they're doing a little better than ok. But of course they're always looking to do better

There's a few more succesful soft-drink companies too..
Coca-Cola - (which appears to be split into 2 companies) - $40 billion a year combined.
Pepsi - About $29 billion a year, which may or may not include the $9 billion from selling doritos (frito-lay).

(14 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG