The online racing simulator
Your fuel of choice?
(36 posts, started )
I fuel at Total because my dad wants it like that, because it's the most expensive but most fuel efficient. And I fuel diesel for my little car I wished it wasn't a diesel though.
The reason American and European octane ratings are different is because in Europe we just use the RON rating as a measure of octane, whereas in America they use an average of RON and MON (called PON).
FOGlegsy: Tesco Super unleaded was unaffected by the contaminated fuel thingy, it was just the 95 octane stuff.

spook: The US uses MON, Canada uses (RONxMON)/2.
Diesel FTW!!11

95 is the one I buy, never have bought the 98.
You only /need/ higher octane if you're running higher than stock compression, otherwise it'll just give a marginal improvement and help prevent pinking/detonation if you're using forced induction or nitrous at high revs.
Quote from TiJay :FOGlegsy: Tesco Super unleaded was unaffected by the contaminated fuel thingy, it was just the 95 octane stuff.

spook: The US uses MON, Canada uses (RONxMON)/2.

Having worked at a gas station a few years ago (New Jersey doesn't let people pump their own gas), I can tell you the US also uses the average of RON and MON.
I've talked to my dad and he said that he was told from a friend of his (drove gas trucks for a living) that all the gas stations (in the same area) use the same gas, so one stations 93 octane isn't better than another's as the only possible difference would be if they added something at the gas station themselves. The only reason why I would prefer a brand is either being closer, or just having a better record for their gas quality (like leaks, old tanks etc.)
hi

The octane count may be 93, 87 or whatever, but as it sits, it diminishes.
also being that the higher grades of gas cost more, they sit in the storage tank longer than the cheaper grades so you actually run a risk of getting bad gas, thinking you're getting something better. I'm guessing condensation is occurring.
If you've ever seen them replace storage tanks for the gas at the station, you should see what I'm talking about
Let's also not forget that some store owners like to cut corners on things.
I've seen a tanker put gas in the pumps at one place, he put the SAME gas in all three storage tanks without switching compartments from his truck.
That place is no longer in business, but it's still happening elsewhere.
I get a kick out of ppl trying to tell me that gas from one brand is better than the next.... the "off brand" gas from the other guys is pretty much the same gasoline, they just bought it wholesale.
#34 - JTbo
I do notice if gas is something else than 98 as there is surely going to be lot of not wanted noises. At least in here 98 seem to be fresh, perhaps because here is quite few car enthusiast with cars that require 98 and also some older cars that again need higher octane, but surely that is selling here. Also they put 1% ethanol to some fuel to make it new 98 or something and now people buy that as environmental friendly fuel LMAO
Quote from JTbo :Also they put 1% ethanol to some fuel to make it new 98 or something and now people buy that as environmental friendly fuel LMAO

I thought it was to diesel only? What ever it is, I got to agree with the LMAO point.
#36 - JTbo
Quote from Blackout :I thought it was to diesel only? What ever it is, I got to agree with the LMAO point.

Neste 98 octane biobensa that was, 2-5% of ethanol or something they call ethanol based ETBE, seems they are not sure yet what it is they add

Your fuel of choice?
(36 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG