The online racing simulator
Acclaim's Racing MMORPG
(18 posts, started )
Acclaim's Racing MMORPG
There's probably no point in even posting this here because I'm sure the physics will be entirely arcade. However, word has it Acclaim's working on a racing MMORPG. Like some others around here, I was playing Motor City Online before LFS came around, so who knows, it could be interesting.

http://www.bluesnews.com/cgi-b ... thread&threadid=76500
Awesome, an oppurtunity to add yet another letter to that ridiculously long abbreviation. Its a MMORRPG!
Haha =) I used to play Motor City Online aswell. Some of the makers of MCO have remade the project and are creating MWO but the project is in their free time and has not reached alpha stage yet.

http://www.motorworldonline.net/index.php
Quote from Viper93 :Haha =) I used to play Motor City Online aswell. Some of the makers of MCO have remade the project and are creating MWO but the project is in their free time and has not reached alpha stage yet.

A friend told me about Motor City game when i didnt even had a computer,i had a PSone,i got nuts, wanted it sooo badly still today i want to play it but never had the chance... GO MWO, as if at least wasnt soo shitty
I was gutted when EA cancelled MCO, but it was shortly after that I found LFS so I can't really complain too much

I've been watching MWO as well, but progress on that isn't fast. The client they have is operational but very basic, so it'll be a long time until it's ready to play in any serious way.

As for Acclaim's job, I'm hoping that it's comparable to good old MCO, but with all of the annoying problems fixed. Multiplayer races with more than 4 people would be the first thing, then remove the high time trial rewards to encourage more people to actually race. Slight physics improvements (not talking LFS standard here, but definitely not NFSU either) and we're sorted
You guys are wrong 11!1!1! Teh EA rox, check my signature !1!
Quote from Viper93 :Haha =) I used to play Motor City Online aswell. Some of the makers of MCO have remade the project and are creating MWO but the project is in their free time and has not reached alpha stage yet.

thanks for the link =)...

Hoping it will be like I hope... (0.o?)
Hmmm looks intereesting *rubs chin*
things about MWO could be in an other topic maybe...?

Would be better I guess...
#10 - JTbo
Quote from Forbin :There's probably no point in even posting this here because I'm sure the physics will be entirely arcade. However, word has it Acclaim's working on a racing MMORPG. Like some others around here, I was playing Motor City Online before LFS came around, so who knows, it could be interesting.

http://www.bluesnews.com/cgi-b ... thread&threadid=76500

Damn page tried to install some spyware crap, got few domains more to add to my adblock list

Do you think that we will ever see such game like redline racing or similar with more role playing elements and with decent physics?

I would really like from such game where you would need to adjust fueling etc. take care not to break anything and service car and all parts to keep it going. So those who don't change oils would get engine failures etc :P

Maybe someday, but I doubt that as kids won't understand why their engine blew when they ram to wall bit earlier and all coolant came out...
This is the wave of the future. Having one contiguous world with roads and race tracks is just much more immersive than a set of scattered tracks.

Wouldn't you love a Live For Speed World?
That would be awesome to take the physics of live for speed to a virtually modeled free roaming city with traffic or an entire landscape of roads, mountain passes, offroad trails etc. much like GTA. Of course allthough I have never even heard of the game, thats what motor city sounds like (well, without the lfs physics).
Quote from somasleep :Wouldn't you love a Live For Speed World?

Live For Speed World

But seriously... I like the idea of a huge freeroam (with decent physics!) but I'm not a fan of the whole MMORPG thing. I'd rather not have to pay monthly for a game I've purchased, thank-you.
you don't have to pay for all MMORPG monthly (TDU... etc.) (ooh, and MWO)
MWO is supposedly going to be free...when they finish it.
thats why WoW sucks, and GuildWars is better IMO
Scrabby your wrong, both suck because like most RPG's they repeat the same thing over and over just making it ever so slightly harder each time. I had Guild Wars and played it for a while, then realised it was all pointless because the best thing you can achieve is...well the same stuff but more powerful, but being used on more powerful bad guys, so its exactly the same as the first 5 minutes of the game just more shiney.

Hopefully it won't be like that with this though, I hope it will be like TDU but with better physics and damage.
If I remember correctly this is part of the Dave Perry iniative to get loads of mod developers to help out in the early stages. There is a website about that basically allows you to join the team of developers with the hope of one day getting taken on as staff. If he is tapping the collective pool there is a better chance that we'll get the game we want but from what I can see they are drawing exculsively from the pool of players that are interested in MMO not racing. The reason that I love LFS so much is that its racing first everything else second. Dave Perry has an interesting history with fun games and we know he loves fast cars. My guess is this will be more mainstream bollox to appeal to the console users and crossover for the PC. Expect shiney graphics , modable cars (yes, NOS) and other crap that fills out the game to disguise the fact that there is no racing.

I really hope I'm wrong but all you need to do is look at how many 'commercial' simulators are released nowadays compared to the peaks of the late 90s.

Bottom line folk just ain't interested enough in simulators (no, train simulators do not count.) anymore. All the more reason to pour your money and praise on the LFS developers for essentially keeping the genre alive.

Acclaim's Racing MMORPG
(18 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG