The online racing simulator
Must be a pro before s2 license?
(44 posts, started )
Welcome to LFS S2!!

Now, if you have a wife or girlfriend, kiss her goodbye and join the rest of the racing hermits. I guarantee you won't have a life left after today. If I had known, I would have warned you!

Again, welcome aboard.
As first opinions, Im trying new cars. fz50 is the most exiting car that I used since now Bmw was too fast, after 4-5 laps I passed to xfg . It came too too too slow after BMWf1.
I already learned that blackwood isnt the favorite track on s2 users. There wasnt much racers online in bl gp. So I decided to learn another popular track well. Which track should I learn first? And one more question. Is PB recording, only available in multiplayer mode or can I record my best laps in practice mode?? Thanks alot.

My gf didnt learn yet. But she can understand that there is something wrong with my life soon. Becosue I forgot to call her tonight
#28 - joen
Quote from arcmedya :So I decided to learn another popular track well. Which track should I learn first?

Just drive a lot of tracks and don't concentrate on one or two tracks trying to get faster there. If you drive a lot of different tracks it will give you a better understanding of the car dynamics. AS GT is popular, but a lot of people never try anything different.

Quote :
And one more question. Is PB recording, only available in multiplayer mode or can I record my best laps in practice mode??

It's only available in multiplayer. But if you want to practice and record your times you could start your own private server and start a practice session. Then it will record your PB's.
Quote from arcmedya :

My gf didnt learn yet. But she can understand that there is something wrong with my life soon. Becosue I forgot to call her tonight

ad so the adventure begins lol. welcome to LFS S2 my friend. if you drove the XFG in the demo, then i would say the XFR would be a good starter. it is a step up from the XFG (basically a race spec XFG) and join any track (except south city for now) that is hosting this car. ask for a setup (at end of the race), find out fuel per lap and away you go
Quote from Crashgate3 :I was rubbish when I started. I'm still probably fairly rubbish now...

The STCC Bronze servers are a great place to start. Lots of people of a beginner to moderate skill, and people are *fairly* considerate if you accidentally cause a pile-up. An *accidental* one, mind...

As for the wheel, if you can't afford a G25, get the DFP - easily the best cheap wheel available: http://www.darkplanets.co.uk/p ... ech-driving-force-pro.asp

Its intended for the PS2, but as its USB works perfectly on the PC using the software for the MOMO wheel.

oh yeah? Dude, I'm using that Ghey logitech game pad to play the demo atm, not enough $$$ for the wheel/ S2. BUT, even with only a controller, it's still realy fun... i can only imagine how nice LFS can be with a proper gaming rig, g25, and on an s2 track...
Hey there. I have some new questions, and didnt want to post a new topic.

It's very exciting to race with s2 drivers. But I have some problems.

1-) First thing; My wheel (Saitek r440) has 180 degrees turning potential. And in LFS settings, there is another option to change turning degrees in controller settings. I was using it at 400 degrees, but I think it makes the car unstable and very quick spinning at hard turns like Bl Gp T1. What should I do about this?

2-) My acceleration pedal is too high, and in some corners my right foot is touching it lightly. (aproximitely %10 pressure) May it be the cause of spinning in fast corners?

3-) Im getting car setups from setup field web site of LFS. As I see, they are all WR holders perfect setups. But Im not able to use as fast as they are. Also its hard to handle in some cases. So should I continue to use their setups, or get some basic and slower, stable settings?

Best regards...
1. I use a 440 as well, and I put the turning angle down in Options > Controllers, but I recently found that in the car setup it helps to put the controller steering setting (I can't remember what it's called or where it is) down to match as well. I never noticed it before
My biggest problem with that wheel is trying to go in a straight line

2. Is your spinning problem with all cars or just RWD? There's only 2 things usually cause me to spin out at corners in the RWDs. The first is too much power (as you'd expect), and the other is brake balance set too far to the rear. I wouldn't think that 10% power would be enough to cause a spin though.

3. The Inferno setups are designed for specific drivers to do one really fast lap. A lot of them aren't any use for actual races at all. I rarely ever touch them because I prefer to get my car handling well for my style, rather than changing my style to suit the setup.
Besides, being such a new licensee, it's not really surprising you can't keep up with people who have done 50,000 miles
Yes r440 makes me sick when its time to go straight. It starts to shake on long straights.
Yes, its spins with rwd cars. Like FOX and FZR. I dont have ant experiment about car setup developing. So I have to use setups of other fast guys And have to drive like they do. Or any other suggestions??
just ask for a setup in the game and keep driving with it. Don't change setup to often. Stick by a certain setup. If you feel the limit has been reached of that setup with your capabilties try to get ur hands on another set.

Search this forum for a SETUP GUIDE. You will find allot of usefull things to adjust your setup the way you want.

EDIT: Just keep practicing, you won't be amazingly fast over 1 night.
Quote from arcmedya :Yes r440 makes me sick when its time to go straight. It starts to shake on long straights.

It's an age and design fault with the r440. Sadly the pedals are actually better than most other manufacturers imho
#37 - Dru
Quote from thisnameistaken :I couldn't drive the RWDs when I got S2 either.

I still can not infact i only drove 1 lap of BL1 in a XFG before buying a S2 License
Quote from Dru :I still can not infact i only drove 1 lap of BL1 in a XFG before buying a S2 License

The RWDs are where the fun is IMO, once you get used to them. There's much more potential for finding different ways around the track and ways past other cars (and ways out of potential accidents!).

IMO the XRG is the best one to start with, then the LX4. Save the XRT until later because the turbo will probably throw you off the road on corner exit until you get used to it.
#39 - Dru
Quote from thisnameistaken :The RWDs are where the fun is IMO, once you get used to them. There's much more potential for finding different ways around the track and ways past other cars (and ways out of potential accidents!).

IMO the XRG is the best one to start with, then the LX4. Save the XRT until later because the turbo will probably throw you off the road on corner exit until you get used to it.

The only RWD action i've really done (save Formula XR) is the XRG on the old STCC starter servers to get my silver licence..and i dabbled with the FZR on the ConeDodgers server for a while but with little success.

I think once the UXRL league is finished and over i will try and get back out there on to the RWD theme again. Afterall, now i have a better wheel and pedal set than before (now got a DFP) and also with a better spec computer the days of controlling a slide at 12 FPS are over
I did some developments last night. I used a dead zone on gas and brake pedal. It worked well. Then I modified the rear wings and rear ride height of the car. It was really rock solid stable And then pushed it harder then ever, after some practice I made 1 second faster than my best. I'm sure I can beat it 1 or more seconds in a few days. It was really very nice feeling. Now I understood how this game addicts the people like that
Quote from arcmedya :I did some developments last night. I used a dead zone on gas and brake pedal. It worked well. Then I modified the rear wings and rear ride height of the car. It was really rock solid stable And then pushed it harder then ever, after some practice I made 1 second faster than my best. I'm sure I can beat it 1 or more seconds in a few days. It was really very nice feeling. Now I understood how this game addicts the people like that

i am a newbie around as well... on lfsworld seen a hot lap record on k-oval with uf1, and got 8-10 sec. close to it, i tried 'till i was pretty sure it was not about my experiance only. then got tuned the car for the first time, read lots on the net for setups, and what is for what etc. got the top speed higher, as this was only what i needed almost. and other stuff by experiment, which effects what etc. then now close to world record at 1.33 secs , this was a real fun for a sunday... so yeah, now i understand as well how this game addicts people around... i am still at xfg trying to learn... didnt want to go to other cars yet. i know it will be a step by step long road, and i felt this is where the fun is...
Quote from arcmedya :Yes r440 makes me sick when its time to go straight. It starts to shake on long straights.

turn force feedback down ingame (less is , and more is . ) i had the same problem and that did the trick.
About the track suggestion, if u want to learn one for first, try south city

It was the first track that i tryied when i raced first time with S2 and i "fell In love" for it
It's still my favorite track
Quote : Originally Posted by arcmedya
Yes r440 makes me sick when its time to go straight. It starts to shake on long straights.

Turn up wheel turn compensation as high as needed to help with this. It makes the steering less sensitive towards the center, but quicker once you turn farther left or right. The loss of sensitivity in the center will help lessen the oscillating you get on straights.

Put the max lock degree of your wheel as the degree of turning within the game. Simple as that.
Sorry if this has allready been mentioned, read through quickly.

Oh, and for a first track I would try AS club with the fox. It essentially has only 3 turns so you'll get lots of repetition on a few corners. Ive been playing for a long time and playing a couple weeks on that track sharpened my habits amazingly due to the fact that you can try different things out on the same few corners very quickly and fix your mistakes.

Must be a pro before s2 license?
(44 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG