The online racing simulator
Dual Monitor problems
(10 posts, started )
Dual Monitor problems
Ive been looking for some kind of tutorial how to setup LFS to play on dual monitors but havn't found anything. I have some problems.

I have Radeon 9800 Pro (Catalyst drivers) and recently bought new LCD display and decided to use both - old CRT and new LCD to have dual monitor display and play LFS using it. However no matter what i do I cant set everything up.
I have LCD attached at DVI and CRT at analog output. I can use stretched desktop in Windows however after running LFS the resolution options end at 1280x1024. No dual monitor resolutions.

Maybe I should turn something at Catalyst Control Center or install some new software but I cant find what exactly should I do.

Please help.
Hmm, works fine for me. You sound like you're doing the right thing but I'll go over it again to be sure.

* How NOT to do it:
Use display properties to enable the second monitor, this creates two separate desktops which you can move windows between. For example, using the maximise window button will only maximise the window to one monitor

* How to do it:
Go to the Catalyst control center with only one monitor enabled. Use the displays manager option, add the second display and make sure you use "stretch" and not "extend".
According to display properties you should only have one monitor but it should be running at 3200x1200 (or something similar).
Now when I load LFS, if I scroll right to the bottom of the resolutions list, there is 3200x1200. Select and race away with a massive bit of plastic to focus your eyes on.
Works fine now. Thanks
Quote from himself :Works fine now. Thanks

and after all the grief getting it running, you then decide its unplayable with the centre cut off

just like i did

2 montors is more fun, but i just cant get any decent laptimes with the twin monitor setup
I used the mouse to look a bit right but it does not change the fov center. Would be cool to make it look like using SoftTH but with left screen turned off.
I know it was mentioned somewhere, but is Keygets interested in modding his application to work this way?

BTW is it possible to set different views in both monitors? Diffrent view angle, different fov etc. ? My left monitor is 19'' and right is 17'' so it looks really wierd and is unplayable with same view.
Please make the program with the abbility to turn off left or right screen. (depending on drivers position) I have 2 screens and can see myself(well, can see myself, but can't let myself) drop another couple of hundred of dollars to get a third monitor and a th2go.
there should be a stick on how to setup multi-monitor displays!
Has anyone ever tried removing the bezels from the edge of a TFT monitor?
#8 - Ricou
I've read that you can use SoftTh with 2 monitors and it works fine, you just have to comment the line for the 3rd monitor by putting a ";" before, in the cfg.
Quote from Sticky-Micky :and after all the grief getting it running, you then decide its unplayable with the centre cut off

just like i did

2 montors is more fun, but i just cant get any decent laptimes with the twin monitor setup

you could have 3 monitors?? two for the side views and one for the front on view...that would be sweet... i dunno how that would setup though

3 x 24" lcd w00t w00t
Another idea is if you had the money is to buy a pretty big plasma or lcd tv but allows you to use it as a pc monitor then you dont have the middle bit i have done it with the plasma in are living room and it works quite well.

Dual Monitor problems
(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG