The online racing simulator
#1 - 2kWS6
1968 Lotus "Jim Clark" skin request -MTR5
Does someone have a skin for the MTR5, that would do justice to the great 1968 Lotus 49, driven by Jim Clark?

I've attached a pic of the car I'm talking about.

I think this is probably the most beautiful race car design, and I would love to have my little MTR look like it.

If no one knows of this skin existing, would anyone be interested in creating one for me?

Thank you very much for any help you can offer.
Attached images
lotus49.jpg
Do you like it with the red squares on the nose that say "Jim Clark" on them?

http://www.crabbendam.info/lotus%2049_02.jpg

That paint job is a bit more complex then what you normally would've seen him drive, but it is nice
1967 isn't it?
[anal gpl fan]
He had the livery for several years, I'm just curious which one he'd really want. Because I am quite interesting in trying the livery, and even adding all the small bolts and body lines.
#5 - 2kWS6
Tweaker,

The red 'badges' on the front that says Jim Clark are not really necessary. I'd love for you to try and see what you can come up with.

Al,

Yes, you are correct in that this was mainly a '67 GP car, but this livery was also shown in the early part of the '68 season, when Mr. Chapman changed to the Gold Leaf Cigarette color scheme....

I just happen to MUCH prefere the green/gold original Lotus scheme.

Thanks.....
i agree, that switch away from the '67 british racing green was blasphemy (well nearly) but at least the new adopted livery also went on to become a classic (and also a very good skin theme for a MRT - I remember a few of them done for S1)
#7 - 2kWS6
Al,

I will have to agree with you that the 'Gold Leaf' livery became very popular, especially with the later 'High Wing' Lotus, but when I think Jim Clark and Lotus, it just shouts " GREEN ". !!!

Just my personal preference.....
#8 - Dru
so has anyone produced it yet or got a link to the gold leaf ones form S1 days??

oh from one F1 buff to another...

Jim Clark never actually drove the golf leaf lotus in F1.

He was killed after only one round of the 1968 campaign in South Africa, where his car was the green one with sponsers as pictures above....

the gold leaf came afterwards, although i do beleive the only time he drove a golf leaf lotus was the f3 race in hockenheim that claimed his life.
Quote from Dru :so has anyone produced it yet or got a link to the gold leaf ones form S1 days??

oh from one F1 buff to another...

Jim Clark never actually drove the golf leaf lotus in F1.

He was killed after only one round of the 1968 campaign in South Africa, where his car was the green one with sponsers as pictures above....

the gold leaf came afterwards, although i do beleive the only time he drove a golf leaf lotus was the f3 race in hockenheim that claimed his life.

Not just the F2 race at Hockenheim, Clark also drove a Gold Leaf Lotus in the Tasman series in 1968. I think he did one race before his death.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG