The online racing simulator
IGTC
(95 posts, started )
The other safety car driver was grounded so we had a last minute sub in who didn't know, i did say that it's green from the last corner but because the driver in front of me didn't know this, half the field got left behind.
Quote from BenjiMC :The other safety car driver was grounded so we had a last minute sub in who didn't know, i did say that it's green from the last corner but because the driver in front of me didn't know this, half the field got left behind.

How did you say its green? On TS? We use our own Ventrilo. It needs to be done graphically.

The first lap split from position 1 to last position was 18 seconds... 13 of that on the safety lap..
I said before the race, and because i was driving also, it was difficult for me to do it in the race, i tried everything i could to get the guy going but he wouldn't budge, and under the rules, i couldn't pass till the others crossed the line.
I don´t think that green flag is the right thing, because we are not allowed to pass before the pole car has passed the line. I suggest instead a BIG text in the middle of the screen saying. Safetycar away! Go!
Thats what was planned, but the safety car driver was grounded, so the new driver didn't know the procedure.
Shouldnt you of told him??...
Yes, i should of, but i did say that it was green from the last corner.
Yes I agree you did do that. btw the vote is currently 16 12
I think the hosts should make an effort to get insim relay set up so we can use LFS Spectator, or RaceWatcher if the host is running V5.

It was kind of crippling to not be able to spectate or spot in any manner.
I am happy to donate my server for the race if its needed. I will also sign it up to the relay AND update to V5
LFS Spec and Live Tracker are very vital.. and helps the pit crew not to fall asleep :P
One of our servers is available also. Already set up for Insim Relay and will be running V5 by the end of today.
Thanks for the offer guys, i've sent an e-mail to the server hosts, waiting for a reply
Alright, so is this situation resolved?

1) Starts/Restarts.
Simple Solution: a Non-Racing Marshall would give (type or use one of the F-keys) a
Marshall: 3….
Marshall: 2….
Marshall: 1….
Marshall: GREEN FLAG GREEN FLAG GREEN FLAG

At which point we could disengage our pit limiters. Allowing you to see if anyone disengaged early too in replay.

2) Issuing safety car.
Is there a Non-Racing Marshall(S) who is in charge of watching the race and sending out the safety car? Ideally there will be multiple people watching various parts of the track for incidents warranting SC.
What is the notification of a Full Course Yellow, Safety Car Incident?
Again,
Marshall: YELLOW FLAG SAFETY CAR YELLOW FLAG SAFETY CAR
Would be effective in letting everyone know, “No Passing” Safety car is out.

3) Blue Flag.
From the rules, I infer that this does NOT mean “MUST YIELD POSITION”. Someone in front is allowed to Maintain their pace, keep their line. The driver Lapping has the responsibility of making a Clean Pass. Is this correct?

Thanks,
Stu
I think the post above should be in the "check-up section"???

but also as well as the screen messages am i right in assuming TS will be used as well?
TS wont be up for this round also sadly. although i can try n sort sumet out
Quote from BenjiMC :TS wont be up for this round also sadly. although i can try n sort sumet out

We have TS, 20 slots or something you folks can use. We don't use it we prefer Ventrilo.
Can I book us in for a channel please? We'd take up 4 spaces
I have a spare 10 slot server I can spare for the event. PM me if interested
we have TS but i'm not sure how many slots, i'll ask n get back to ya

IGTC
(95 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG