The online racing simulator
Montoya wins at Mexico city!
(34 posts, started )
omg. that's classic Montoya!

Yeah it IS an accident.

They employed him. lol...

Maybe you've not seen in him F1 - this for me is part of the guys brilliance, everyone says it's an accident - but look again... Motoya's done that move so many times he has a button for it inside his crash helmet to do it, labelled "be the team leader, be the team leader, sting like a bee..."

I like Monotoya because he was entertaining and unthreatening. If he was gunning for a championship it'd be hard to like him.
#27 - aoun
ive been watching formula 1 since i was 6 bek..(1996).. i knew what he was like in f1, and ill never forget 2001-2003 as being some of the most exciting and crazy years.. i would always be standing AT HOME..
#28 - J.B.
It was definately his fault but I'm sure he still has pretty much the best successfull to unsuccessfull overtaking ratio of any driver in the world (especially since the majority of his incidents in F1 weren't his fault).

You can't look at an incident like this one and all of a sudden forget the 20 passes that he did in the same race without any problems. It's about how much risks you are prepared to take, he was taking a lot on Sunday, made a lot of great moves and sadly messed up one of them. Had he been taking less risks he may have not made it back through the field in the first place. And anyway, we're talking about Scott Pruett here. I remember an Indycar race where he took out the leader when he was 4 laps down himself.

Hope that didn't sound too fanboish.
Who was the commentator? Think he was related to Murray Walker: "Stay on the track. Don't make any mistakes. OH!! There's contact!!!"

Quote from J.B. :It was definately his fault ...

Six of one, half a dozen of the other... Pruett left the door open fairly late on that corner, Montoya really shouldn't have taken the bait.
#30 - aoun
Quote from J.B. :It was definately his fault but I'm sure he still has pretty much the best successfull to unsuccessfull overtaking ratio of any driver in the world (especially since the majority of his incidents in F1 weren't his fault).

You can't look at an incident like this one and all of a sudden forget the 20 passes that he did in the same race without any problems. It's about how much risks you are prepared to take, he was taking a lot on Sunday, made a lot of great moves and sadly messed up one of them. Had he been taking less risks he may have not made it back through the field in the first place. And anyway, we're talking about Scott Pruett here. I remember an Indycar race where he took out the leader when he was 4 laps down himself.

Hope that didn't sound too fanboish.

comming from a german (NO OFFENCE WHAT SO EVER) expecting to be a msc fan and montoya hater, like the rest i see is pretty impressive to read that! I agree too!
Quote from aoun : comming from a german (NO OFFENCE WHAT SO EVER) expecting to be a msc fan and montoya hater, like the rest i see is pretty impressive to read that! I agree too!

Its the other way round for me, too.
#32 - J.B.
Quote from aoun : comming from a german (NO OFFENCE WHAT SO EVER) expecting to be a msc fan and montoya hater

I just avoid the RTL (German TV Station) propaganda machine. And MS didn't exactly make it hard for me to dislike him. But I won't go any further, I think there have been enough MS flamewars on the internets already.
Looks like intentional and well-made spin. Deserved a drive-through, even though I'm his fan.
Quote from Racer X NZ :What else do you expect from him. The universe rotates around him and his teammate didn't pull over to let him pass.
Pretty damn deliberate if you look at it, in most racing that would have been a drive thru penalty for that but then I guess american series aren't used to non oval racing.
( What - you mean we have to turn left AND right on the same track ??????? )
All a big yawn for those of us used to real racing.

Nascar is actually very strict on that kind of stuff. It is Cascar (Canada stock car racing) that's more lenient. And I completely disagree that it was intentional. Normally when you dive in like that Pruett should have gave him more room. He usually does that. IDK what happened there.

You cant just look at a spin accident and just say it was intentional.

As far as Montoya's concerned I dont think he'll win a race this year. He's still learning Nascar's pit stop. the lead lap cars pit at the exact same time on a yellow, and if ur from F1 you will definately not be use to that (he crashed in pit road at California). according to him "its a complete traffic jam" LOL. And he's still getting use to ovals. He struggled at Daytona and California.

I think Sam Hornish Jr. (another cross over driver) will have better luck in the Nascar Busch series

Montoya is good but he definately need to learn patience (He blew a win in Atlanta). Nascar is not F1 with 20 cars spread out around the track. It is 43 cars constantly in a giant pack. If ur not patient then a big wreck will follow. Montoya is luck to have not taken anyone else out in that spin.

Montoya wins at Mexico city!
(34 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG