The online racing simulator
Montoya wins at Mexico city!
(34 posts, started )
Montoya won the Busch series race at Mexico City, what do you think?

Personally, i thought it was exciting, but many of the other guys had any decent experience with road courses. So it was a steal. He was in like 20th from a pitstop and marched up to third in like 10 laps, just to show how bad they were. If only he would win at Watkins Glen and Infeneon in the Nextel Cup.

edit: http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/ ... 4njd5MRbfk&refer=home
Only team-order: Don't crash your team mate. Guess what Juan managed to do.
Great race tho.
It was exiting, Here at México we play lfs with Carlos Contreras he didnt have luck

Montoya was a beast!
anybody made a highlight of the race yet? i think i'll check this one out.
Carlos contreras lost his 2nd place, A Chance for win, but montoya ruled the raced, he was 20 and in 7 laps he was 3rd,

And the crash with Pruett, that was a bad ass
It was a hockey afternoon in Pittsburgh today. 12:30 start, so, hockey is much more important at the moment with the fight to the playoffs, so racing and Nascar takes a back porch to the Penguins' games .

I did pop on now and then during commercials and saw that Montoya was out in front...

Go figure though, it was the Busch series. I'll wait until the Nextell race at Sonoma when he's out there with the 2 Gordons, Rudd, Stewart, and Said as well as with the ringers the other teams stick in there, Fellows, Pruett, and the others.
#7 - th84
It was a good race. It's a shame he won it the way he did, kinda take's away from how he got up there (although he was quite wreckless the whole race in that turn). Overall fun race to watch though.

Quote from Megan :I'll wait until the Nextell race at Sonoma when he's out there with the 2 Gordons, Rudd, Stewart, and Said as well as with the ringers the other teams stick in there, Fellows, Pruett, and the others.

You know, Kevin Harvick and Kurt and Kyle Busch have all become quite the road racer's too. It will be interesting to see how he does.
I read about the win but wasn't able to see it. Does someone have a link to the move Montoya put on his teamate to spin him out?

speedfreak227
#9 - J.B.
Click on "History made" at http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/seriesIndex?seriesId=2 for a short highlight clip. The incident was clearly Montoya's fault but he would have won anyway. Anyone found a clip that shows some more of his passes, there must have been loads?
Dive-in, anyone?

Ugly move, over optimistic and against his team mate. Low.

EDIT: can anyone find an onbord video of that mexico city track? Any car will do . I'd like to see what kind of track it really is
montoya was deffinatly impatient, but i wonder if maybe people on montoya's team didnt want montoya to win.

is it illegal in nascar to tell pruet that jpm is much faster and to make way for him?
#12 - th84
Quote from Gabkicks :is it illegal in nascar to tell pruet that jpm is much faster and to make way for him?

I wouldnt say it is illegal, but I dont think that is the way they (they being nascar) do it. It is up to the individual team's to make a call like that. Which they can do at any time. Pruett even said that he would've let him by when it was safe to do so. He knew JPM had a faster car.

Nascar will wait until one of their "poster boy's" are in trouble, and then throw a "debris caution". Talladega come's to mind.

I have heard a team owner (Richard Childress) get on the radio and tell Jeff Burton to allow Kevin Harvick to get around him. But, Harvick was much faster at the time, and they are teammates. Gotta do what the boss say's. I think thing's like that happen all the time.

E: Im sorry, I mis-read your post. I thought you were saying "for nascar" rather than "in nascar".

So in short, no, it is not illegal for team's to do that.
Quote from Rappa Z :...but none of the other guys had any decent experience with road courses.

Are you kidding me?? Scott Pruett doesn't have any road course experience, huh?? Check it:

IMSA GTO Champion (1988, 1986)

SCCA Trans-Am Champion (1987, 1994, 2003)

24 Hours of Daytona overall winner (1994, 2007)

Rolex Sports Car Series Daytona Prototype Grand-Am Champion (2004)

World Karting Association Hall of Fame inductee (1991)

...but he doesn't have any road course experience......

I normally don't put too much stock into Pruett's crying, but he was shafted by Montoya. Juan-Pablo is a talented driver, no doubt, but he never should have put his nose in there for that pass.
#14 - th84
Not to mention Boris Said.
I didn't check it because i don't follow Nascar. Only know he won because my brother watched the race. I say what i said because Montoya does have a hell of a lot of expierence on road courses, if he wins or not. I'll edit my first post to a more fitting way of saying it.

Just watched the crash before school, looks like both of them contributed to the big crash. Pruett seemed to dive down a lot and Montoya could've hugged the curb a lot more than he did. It seems as if he evend went straight a bit to make sure Pruett was done for.
Quote from mrodgers post 6 :Go figure though, it was the Busch series. I'll wait until the Nextell race at Sonoma when he's out there with the 2 Gordons, Rudd, Stewart, and Said as well as with the ringers the other teams stick in there, Fellows, Pruett, and the others.

Quote from th84 post 14 :Not to mention Boris Said.

Where do we get these freakin noobs from???

wow... i had to read that twice to get the joke... but i am listening to the radio at the same time.
Quote from banshee56 :Are you kidding me?? Scott Pruett doesn't have any road course experience, huh?? Check it:

IMSA GTO Champion (1988, 1986)

SCCA Trans-Am Champion (1987, 1994, 2003)

24 Hours of Daytona overall winner (1994, 2007)

Rolex Sports Car Series Daytona Prototype Grand-Am Champion (2004)

World Karting Association Hall of Fame inductee (1991)

...but he doesn't have any road course experience......

I normally don't put too much stock into Pruett's crying, but he was shafted by Montoya. Juan-Pablo is a talented driver, no doubt, but he never should have put his nose in there for that pass.

You tell em Banshee!

Boy did Montoya run a race!
#19 - aoun
I saw the hit on tv, but i wanna see it again.. is there a youtube link or anyhting?? cnt find it!
Montoya gets shafted by the team, then Monotoya has a fraccar with his team mate. Can there be any doubt as to why? I hope Chip doesn't mind being the no 2 boss in his team...
Montoya did quite some good racing in mexico city, it was nice how he slided through the field. But I just don't understand why he chose so much risk for an overtaking manuever while there were still 8 laps to go iirc.
So even though im kinda a montoya fan, I do think it was a dirty and stupid move.
Hah. JPM use a teammate as a late braking technique? Never saw that one coming...

I feel bad for Scott Pruett...what a waste.
What else do you expect from him. The universe rotates around him and his teammate didn't pull over to let him pass.
Pretty damn deliberate if you look at it, in most racing that would have been a drive thru penalty for that but then I guess american series aren't used to non oval racing.
( What - you mean we have to turn left AND right on the same track ??????? )
All a big yawn for those of us used to real racing.
#25 - aoun
It was montoyas fault.. but it wasnt "low, dirty racing" like wat scott said.. it was an error, bad error, montoyas fault, but it wasnt low nd dirty! shit happens, thats racing.. have a cry, get a candle nd go for the next race..

(34 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG