The online racing simulator
What happened with the DEVs?
(210 posts, closed, started )
Is the game still alive? I can't believe that we haven't see any update since August 7; three months! Even a progress report... Any idea?
AFAIK, they are taking a rest after releasing S2 alpha then will continue work, we had for a period of about 4 months without updates, so calm down.
#4 - avih
actually, during the last month or so there have been at least 4 updates. latest version is p9, while the alpa version was p2 iirc. count for yourself. they don't release the patches as official untill everyone's satisfied with them (scawen and the ppl who test them that is)
lol are you kidding.. there has been 8 updates in like 2 weeks
Quote from cannonfodder :They're working on a new patch. Did you completely miss this thread? http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=2335

Hmmmmm... Thanks. I haven't see it yet. I was waiting for an update in the website. I'll check it.
:doh: dont look on the website, they dont update that for experimental patches, they release them here first and get feedback then once its all final and whatnot they'll update the main page
Quote from avih :actually, during the last month or so there have been at least 4 updates. latest version is p9, while the alpa version was p2 iirc. count for yourself. they don't release the patches as official untill everyone's satisfied with them (scawen and the ppl who test them that is)

You must be kidding, I'm sure. The game isn't released yet. We have a lot of serious problems: tyres physics, force feeback unfinisihed, poor sounds (specially with crashes), aerodynamic bugs and so much more. So, how can we be satisfied with all these problems?
Quote from Delerue :You must be kidding, I'm sure. The game isn't released yet. We have a lot of serious problems: tyres physics, force feeback unfinisihed, poor sounds (specially with crashes), aerodynamic bugs and so much more. So, how can we be satisfied with all these problems?

Satisfied with them in respect of what the patches are trying to introduce / fix.
Quote from XCNuse ::doh: dont look on the website, they dont update that for experimental patches, they release them here first and get feedback then once its all final and whatnot they'll update the main page

Hey, take it easy. Why I have to know this? I'm here only to know WTF happened, and now I know a little more.

I haven't read the fixes of the these patches. They fixed the problems I've said before?
Quote from Delerue :You must be kidding, I'm sure. The game isn't released yet. We have a lot of serious problems: tyres physics, force feeback unfinisihed, poor sounds (specially with crashes), aerodynamic bugs and so much more. So, how can we be satisfied with all these problems?

I see under your nick it says S1 license... have you tried S2 yet? I don't know if the new patches released affect S1 or not.

~*~*~*~tinyk~*~*~*~
nope; working on translation problems now; they probably wont work on those 'bugs' .. not really bugs in most respects, until they begin working on S3
#13 - Gunn

What he is saying is that patches are only "test patches" until the patch can be released with confidence ie: after testing. For test patches you will need to check the forum, this has always been the way with LFS. Once the majority of issues have been solved with a test patch it may become a part of an official update. Official updates are posted on the main site when they are released.

If you would like to contribute to the testing process it is a good idea to check the forums from time to time for test patches. If you need to know more about "wtf happened to the Devs", checking the forum will also aid you in that respect.
Quote from tinyk :I see under your nick it says S1 license... have you tried S2 yet? I don't know if the new patches released affect S1 or not.

~*~*~*~tinyk~*~*~*~

I won't buy a unfinished game, with so much bugs and things to make and fix. I can only test the demo or the almost-full version at crazy friend's home.
Quote from XCNuse :nope; working on translation problems now; they probably wont work on those 'bugs' .. not really bugs in most respects, until they begin working on S3

Are you trying to say that the problems that I've said before won't be fix at S2 stage?
Don't listen to XCNuse, his words are not a knowledgeable source.
Quote from Tweaker :Don't listen to XCNuse, his words are not a knowledgeable source.

Thanks for that. I was crying here.

Hugs!
IMO there is nothing wrong with the crashing sounds. Could you elaborate more on what you dont like? And although i dont have an FF wheel i hear that the FF in LFS is better than most other games.
Quote from sil3ntwar :IMO there is nothing wrong with the crashing sounds. Could you elaborate more on what you dont like? And although i dont have an FF wheel i hear that the FF in LFS is better than most other games.

I won't say anything. If you can realise that the crash sounds are insane, I'm so sorry. Furthermore, all the sounds are insane, and only a blind fan can't see that.

BTW, tell these people that GTR, rFactor e GT Legends exists, and have force feedback. Just do begin, LFS hasn't bumps simulated on force feedback.
GTR & co aren't works in progress in public alpha.
LFS is working to be a thoroughly good sim, and only will be in final form comparable to final releases like GTR & co when S3 is done.. This is the backbone of everything to follow.
I for one am thankfull they didn't wait till S3 until they released LFS to the public, I would have missed all the fun I've had over the last year and a half

I own about 80% or more of racing games and sims released on PC, and LFS is the only one to keep me playing for longer than three weeks

imagine if LFS still wasn't released at all, I'd be alot further along in my house renovations that's one thing for sure LOL
Quote from Breizh :GTR & co aren't works in progress in public alpha.
LFS is working to be a thoroughly good sim, and only will be in final form comparable to final releases like GTR & co when S3 is done.. This is the backbone of everything to follow.

Ok. The old and fashion fan-argument. What you have to say about the age of these games? I don't care about how many DEVs are envolved, I care about the final product; the game itself. And talking about it, we all have to agree that LFS, with more than three years (since alpha version), have a lot of bugs and unfinished things. On the other hand, we have GTR, rFactor and GT Legends, with better graphics, sounds, force feedback and physics. These games has better things with less time and price. And again: I don't care about how many DEVs are envolved and how much money they have. If we have a expansive game (and LFS, couting all the Stages, are one of the most expansives games ever), with eternal alpha stages, a lot of bugs and never a final product, so we have problems. That's what I think. But you can disagree, of course.

What piss me off is that LFS has great potencial, and there are only a little things to make it a really good game (the things I said before). Other thing is that the fans can't say a impartial thoughts; they all like to protect the problems, like if they were sons. What's wrong with saying that LFS has real problems?

That's all folks.
Those games have licenses, cost more, and have more man-hours into them.
From the little that I've read of them, seeing as I'm no fan and don't go out of my way to read reviews instead of play things myself, those games aren't perfect either.

LFS development isn't eternal; can you back up what you're saying? Say, give the number of man-hours put into those games, and show a quantity/price ratio on both development and client side?
The tiered development, S1 thru S3 seems to always have been a plan.

But all that's moot... the real point is, it's fun, and online.. more than those games.. and it's not even finished yet.
About fanboyism and the importance of you being pissed, you're barking up the wrong tree I think. You oughta get in touch with Scawen & co and put them on the right track? Debating it here is in vain, but you surely knew that.
Quote from Breizh :Those games have licenses

I don't care about licenses or not; I care about the game itself.

Quote from Breizh :cost more

No, wrong. All the games I've told about cost less than LFS. And LFS isn't finished yet, and is older than any other game (GTR, rFactor GTL).

Quote from Breizh : and have more man-hours into them.

Again: I don't care about it. If the game is good, is good. If the game is bad, is bad. F*** about money and people envolved in the production. You said: "the real point is, it's fun". That's the main point. And the LFS must fix a lot of things (and make others) to be funny like the other games.

Quote from Breizh :LFS development isn't eternal; can you back up what you're saying?

Do you know any other game that have more then three years, sold licenses even in an unfinished stage? When you think that S3 will be finished? LFS will be very soon the most old-work-in-progress-expansive-sold-bug-game in the world.

Quote from Breizh :Say, give the number of man-hours put into those games, and show a quantity/price ratio on both development and client side?

Again: f*** about the people envolved. You play the game, not the DEVs. And your math is wrong, again.

Quote from Breizh :Debating it here is in vain, but you surely knew that.

It won't be if people ask for the problems, instead of adulate all the things that DEVs makes. We have here people that spend money with problem things, and they like it. And if you said the real things here, you're crazy. Is insane, isn't?
Quote from Delerue :Do you know any other game that have more then three years, sold licenses even in an unfinished stage?

Umm... every EA game serie ever released? That's the way the industry works, you have x amount of time to make a game and when times up you wrap what you have and put the game out and then you start working on "Game 2: bla bla bla" if the 1st version wasn't total flop.
This thread is closed

(210 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG