The online racing simulator
Quote from Bean0 :

You can delete your own posts btw

I liked your reply, thanks bontemps =)
Quote from SamH :Yep, that's a faulty server record to blame.

Ah, ok. The combo was BL1 with GTI/GT.

P.s. Thanks for the league system btw. It's really fun to drive on your servers (unless you get kicked ). :up:
Quote :Becky, unless you've nodded off at work again, drop me a note to remind me the command and I'll get it fixed.

There's no command Sam, it's just that the records file is editable now and does not require the server software to be restarted to pickup the change (I think? Not had to do it before).

I'll zap this record off anyway, so the config will work again.

EDIT: Guilty driver has had a 14 day ban and 22pts (all of them) deducted (now the records file stores who done it )
I was on server 1a tonight, and raced 2 races, and right at the end after I crossed the line, I got booted and respectfully told to practise offline, which I found odd, as I hadn't so much as hardly seen a car, let alone hit/interfere with one, and as it was SO Town reverse I occasionally glanced the walls. Is this what the autokick feature is going to do all the time? I hope not, because its a really enjoyable set of servers, had a lot of fun close racing!!

I'm not even sure if I got my points added to my total in my license as I got kicked so fast, and I never even got a chance to save a replay!
Quote from Da Fish :I was on server 1a tonight, and raced 2 races, and right at the end after I crossed the line, I got booted and respectfully told to practise offline, which I found odd, as I hadn't so much as hardly seen a car, let alone hit/interfere with one, and as it was SO Town reverse I occasionally glanced the walls. Is this what the autokick feature is going to do all the time? I hope not, because its a really enjoyable set of servers, had a lot of fun close racing!!

I'm not even sure if I got my points added to my total in my license as I got kicked so fast, and I never even got a chance to save a replay!

As mentioned earlier in the thread, you get kicked if your times are a lot behind the leader or the server record for that track. I don't think you get any points for it at that point.
Quote from Da Fish :I was on server 1a tonight, and raced 2 races, and right at the end after I crossed the line, I got booted and respectfully told to practise offline, which I found odd, as I hadn't so much as hardly seen a car, let alone hit/interfere with one, and as it was SO Town reverse I occasionally glanced the walls. Is this what the autokick feature is going to do all the time? I hope not, because its a really enjoyable set of servers, had a lot of fun close racing!!

Yeah, I was on that server too today and got kicked a couple of times, as did everyone in front of me. I checked $records and, if I seen it right, the record for the XFG was a 57.xxx and the leaders were running around 1.35.

I was also racing on Blackwood when people, including me, were getting kicked and asked to practice offline.

The two records are by two different people, if I'm correct.

How can they be getting those times and not being recognised by the server as cheating? Or are they even cheating? Was it maybe the server registering the wrong car for a time someone ran? Because there is a big difference between the times everyone was running and the times set in the records. I'm a noob here so not sure how the server works.

BTW, I enjoy racing at the STCC servers and this isn't going to stop me from racing there. There's no other servers like it, good job. I'm 5% away from getting my Silver Licence and there's a G25 on the horizon so I'll soon be racing with the pros. Hopefully like a pro too.
Quote from JamesK :As mentioned earlier in the thread, you get kicked if your times are a lot behind the leader or the server record for that track. I don't think you get any points for it at that point.

Thats as may be, but I was doing about 1:45's and the record for that combo is 1:40, and the :57 that U4IK ST8 says about has to be completely wrong, as the nearest you can get to that in the WR's, as far as I can see, is 00:59 with a BF1, so somethings wrong?!?!?
LFS World supports that the driver did indeed set the impossible time, that's two impossible times in 12 hours... Which get's me wondering if there is a new phloshack out there.
is this autokick really needed at all? i was never on a server where a racer was clean but that slow, that he is a danger to all other drivers.

it seems that this script does more damage than those drivers. I know it's because of impossible laptimes, but why autokick at all?
Quote from Becky Rose :LFS World supports that the driver did indeed set the impossible time, that's two impossible times in 12 hours... Which get's me wondering if there is a new phloshack out there.

Can your plugin get WR stats from LFSW? It might be a good idea to update and store these once a day/week, and simply disallow any track record that is 2-5% faster than the WR. And if you're at it, automatically store the player info on who did that time, in order to narrow down the circumstances causing that bug.
Quote :is this autokick really needed at all? i was never on a server where a racer was clean but that slow, that he is a danger to all other drivers.

it seems that this script does more damage than those drivers. I know it's because of impossible laptimes, but why autokick at all?

Since introducing no cut layouts at most tracks this hasn't been an issue for a long time. We've just had two instances of it and hopefully they will be the last - if not then I will consider a number of options:

x Removing the script
x Raising the threshold

I cant use LFSW times for a couple of reasons, some records are faster than others making the % threshold that is accepted somethinig of a stab in the dark, also with an incompatible patch looming the WR's are likely to be reset and then we'll get an influx of slow WR's which are gradually replaced.
I just got kicked again, this time on South City Town Course.

It's really frustrating to finish in the top three and get a kick as "price".

P.s. I drove the fastest lap in the race and it tells me to practice offline...

Edit: What about setting this script to take the fastest time in the race as reference and not the server pb?

Edit2: The next race all top 4 drivers got kicked. the track is SO5R.
#64 - SamH
It looks like Becky and I BOTH deleted the record time that was set. Licence notes made. The person doing it is using an exploit of some kind, definitely. They've received a ban.

[edit] this means that it's safe to race at SO5R again
Quote from Becky Rose :I cant use LFSW times for a couple of reasons, some records are faster than others making the % threshold that is accepted somethinig of a stab in the dark, also with an incompatible patch looming the WR's are likely to be reset and then we'll get an influx of slow WR's which are gradually replaced.

wasnt this one like 30 secs below the wr ?
cheaters are rearly subtle in their actions
#66 - SamH
It was 43 seconds faster than the WR. I'm still lost as to how they achieved it, actually, but they've done it on someone else's server too, because their PB is even better than the cheated one on the STCC, by a second or so.

Of course, on most servers, it doesn't make much difference. It's important on the STCC servers though, because you get extra points for doing a fast lap AND you prevent others getting extra points for getting CLOSE to it.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG