The online racing simulator
Quote from Dru :cool thanks for the clarification - best make sure that when i actually get around to driving on the silver/gold server that i get some praccy in, cuase that place could be called 'Area 51' with the amount of Aliens that have the potentail to go on there and i'd hate to be kicked cause of a few errors whilst learning a new car/track combo...

Don't worry about that - join. I need some tail enders to learn my way around with. Find myself about four or five seconds off the pace on some tracks and I haven't been kicked - so go for it. (be quick though 'cause I was doing 1.10.xx on AS Nat this morning - only 3 secs behind... )

One thing I have found is that on my arthritic laptop (800 x 600, no AA/AF, 30fps with a clear road, YEAH!!!) is that the TBO cars seem to be more graphic intensive than the XRG/XFG/UF1. I can be finding my way through an 11fps slide show at T1.... The LODs seem to more forgiving (more drastic) with the slower cars. Is this right?
Quote from Bean0 :That was a long time ago (in a galaxy far, far away)

There's the "Silver and Up" LRF server now for the RWD fanatics

Edit: Beaten by Viper...nothing new here then.

Quote :One thing I have found is that on my arthritic laptop (800 x 600, no AA/AF, 30fps with a clear road, YEAH!!!) is that the TBO cars seem to be more graphic intensive than the XRG/XFG/UF1

This is indeed the case. The only way out is to lower graphics options or upgrade the PC.

I'd chose the latter option ...
#29 - Jakg
Quote from Bontemps :its because the servers are run by Nazis.

you were banned for your bad driving, i told you this, and explained how i had NO part it in it and how i was just the messenger.

Your reply? entitled "Your a twat" it read "your an idiot mate. i remember you now. You need to get a life."
Quote from Jakg :you were banned for your bad driving, i told you this, and explained how i had NO part it in it and how i was just the messenger.

Your reply? entitled "Your a twat" it read "your an idiot mate. i remember you now. You need to get a life."

Jak, use your ignore button instead of instigating more flamming by your comments....
Quote from Becky Rose :

I'd chose the latter option ...

This will be my choice once a few, um... "life" issues are sorted out :juggle:
#32 - Dru
Quote from Viper93 :Yes The change from the silver license being able to drive the FXO to the XRT/RB4 was done awhile ago, I think over a month ago, cannot remember 100%

I guess the only option for you then Dru is to get onto some non STCC servers and practice your booty off =)

Me wanna keep my booty .

I may take my chances on the STCCC server oncde again, after all, since my last adventure on it, i've not only upgraded my wheel but also my PC as well, and beleive me LFS is much easier nowadays although with the RWD turbos they will always be tail happy with the booty i give it

so XRT is silver, FXO is gold - what is the RB4?
#33 - Dru
Quote from nihil :This will be my choice once a few, um... "life" issues are sorted out :juggle:

'no dear, i promise i won't be on it all the time' and 'it'll help the kids education' might be phrases that'll help swing it
silver
#35 - Dru
Quote from FOGlegsy :silver

excellent - i might have to get online asap and recreate many of my favourite 'Chris Raemisch' STCC moments - much prefer the idea of a 4WD RB4 than a RWD car.

Quote from Viper93 :Yes The change from the silver license being able to drive the FXO to the XRT/RB4 was done awhile ago, I think over a month ago, cannot remember 100%

lol, didn't know that. Now I can use the XRT
Quote from Dru :excellent - i might have to get online asap and recreate many of my favourite 'Chris Raemisch' STCC moments - much prefer the idea of a 4WD RB4 than a RWD car.

Hehe I am sure there will be more to come =)

With a silver license you have access to the RB4 and XRT with the gold drivers gaining access to the faster FXO.
Quote from Viper93 :With a silver license you have access to the RB4 and XRT with the gold drivers gaining access to the faster FXO.

huh, I only have silver (pretty sure) and I have driven the FXO many times.
#39 - Dru
Quote from MyBoss :huh, I only have silver (pretty sure) and I have driven the FXO many times.

you used to have access to the FXO as silver, hence why i'm qualified 10%, but they changed it around probably 2 months ago
But I drove the FXO last week.
Thanks for the clarification folks - like I said, I wasn't going fast (first serious race in a while), and was surprised to be able to beat a couple of people right off. After I got booted, once I rejoined had a bad smash, and did most of the race on 3 wheels ... after getting booted again figured I might as well give it a rest, ho hum.
Quote from nihil :Don't worry about that - join. I need some tail enders to learn my way around with. Find myself about four or five seconds off the pace on some tracks and I haven't been kicked - so go for it. (be quick though 'cause I was doing 1.10.xx on AS Nat this morning - only 3 secs behind... )

Wow, I'll never be able to compete with you guys in the Silver/Gold class. 1:10 at Aston National? I can't even get into 1:40.xx in the FZR at AS Nat and you guys are beating 1:10's in the TBO class! Very nice!
Quote from Becky Rose :It's just a kick, not a ban. It occurs if you complete 75% or more of the race distance and have not been remotely competitive.

No wonder I only last 1 race on the server before I get kicked... :hide:
I just won a race on the STTC New + Bronze server and got kicked immediately.

I guess it's because I've throttle blip on downshift enabled. Of course it's a driving help, but you should consider, that it's much harder to drive with three pedals and manual shifter than with a normal two-pedal config. So in my opinion this help should be allowed. Or am I the only one who cannot heel + toe on the G25 because of the wide space between the pedals?

If you don't allow this help, you should kick all players with mouse and a two pedal wheel as well, because they are using the sequential gearbox driving help.

P.s. The message said "practice offline first". I won the race and drove times around 1.35. There isn't much to improve for me.
Quote from GP4Flo :I just won a race on the STTC New + Bronze server and got kicked immediately.

I guess it's because I've throttle blip on downshift enabled. Of course it's a driving help, but you should consider, that it's much harder to drive with three pedals and manual shifter then with a normal two-pedal config. So in my opinion this help should be allowed. Or am I the only one who cannot heel + toe on the G25 because of the wide space between the pedals?

If you don't allow this help, you should kick all players with mouse and a two pedal wheel as well, because they are using the sequential gearbox driving help.

P.s. The message said "practice offline first". I won the race and drove times around 1.35. There isn't much to improve for me.

I don't think the Throttle Blip aid is banned on the Bronze server.

The message you got should be displayed for really slow people, it's possible that something is up with the system. Drop Becky a PM or post on the STCC forums.

Edit: Whats the lap record for that combo on that server? Type $records to find out.

If someone has set an artificially fast record by cheating it could be the cause.
Quote from mrodgers :Wow, I'll never be able to compete with you guys in the Silver/Gold class. 1:10 at Aston National? I can't even get into 1:40.xx in the FZR at AS Nat and you guys are beating 1:10's in the TBO class! Very nice!

ROFL... Um... yeah, that is a bit fast, but man, you should see teh mods on my xrt....

Think I meant 2.10.xx....
Quote from tristancliffe :I suspect Bontemps has been hard done by on the STCC servers, for either cheating, being a noob, or failing to follow the rules, and now has created an immature vendetta against Becky and all things STCC as a way to feel like he's 'better'...

With an attitude like that I think the STCC servers are better off without you

better than you hahahahhahahahahahah hohohohohohohohoh hehehehehe
on a serious note, really sorry about my comments. This is obviously a very serious matter and i apologise for my outbursts. After all its very important that we are all mature and act like adults. Me especially. Dont know what got into me. Sorry again!
#49 - SamH
Quote from GP4Flo :P.s. The message said "practice offline first". I won the race and drove times around 1.35. There isn't much to improve for me.

Yep, that's a faulty server record to blame. Becky created the function where admins can reset an individual server's record, rather than wiping the lot. She apparently neglected to tell me what that new command is

Becky, unless you've nodded off at work again, drop me a note to remind me the command and I'll get it fixed.
Quote from Bontemps :on a serious note, really sorry about my comments. This is obviously a very serious matter and i apologise for my outbursts. After all its very important that we are all mature and act like adults. Me especially. Dont know what got into me. Sorry again!

You can delete your own posts btw

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG