The online racing simulator
Gear blip change - cheat warning?
I saw on one of the servers last night that it flagged up (twice) that one of the racers on the server was cheating using a blip change or something. Whassat then? Because I use blip on downchange and it didn't moan about me...
It's only banned on some cars. It prevents you from joining with certain driver aids and some drivers like to switch it on in race and think they've beaten the system. They come back 24 hours later when the auto-ban expires and hopefully stop trying to defeat the system ;D...
#3 - Dru
Quote from Becky Rose :It's only banned on some cars. It prevents you from joining with certain driver aids and some drivers like to switch it on in race and think they've beaten the system. They come back 24 hours later when the auto-ban expires and hopefully stop trying to defeat the system ;D...

question, if you join with a certain driving aid disabled - does it tell you when you join in that car that IF you change the settings or does it see that you are cheating??

an example (altohugh not particulalry relevent would be)

i join with my driver from a FXR setting where i've have gear blip and engine cut on (on a different) server to save the engine, i then change to a car where this damamge does not occur (say the XRR forsake of arguement) and then change the 2 settings to gear blip ON and engine cut off..

in this instance would i get a warning or would it auto kick me?

a little confusing i know but it is clear that people are not clear on this subject?

any chance of a definative post to be tagged in this LFS forum to do just that ?

Regards,

Dru.
As far as i understand it and from experience. If you join with auto blip on then you get kicked to spectate with a warning about it. The ban happens if you are in the race and then you change the setting as then you are trying to get round it.
#5 - Dru
Quote from Greboth :As far as i understand it and from experience. If you join with auto blip on then you get kicked to spectate with a warning about it. The ban happens if you are in the race and then you change the setting as then you are trying to get round it.

auto blip - you mean gear blip? or do you mean gear blip if your using an auto box?

also what servers are affected?
Different servers have different rules for different cars...

The most important thing to remember is to set your driving aids before getting in the car - the system will auto-spectate you and explain why you have been spectated. If you change aids whilst driving you run the risk of a post-race 24 hour automated ban if you set an aid on that is against the regulations.
Quote from Becky Rose :Different servers have different rules for different cars...

The most important thing to remember is to set your driving aids before getting in the car - the system will auto-spectate you and explain why you have been spectated. If you change aids whilst driving you run the risk of a post-race 24 hour automated ban if you set an aid on that is against the regulations.

Actually ...not always.

Sometimes when I join on (any) STCC servers I don't have the throttle cut on (I take it off on other servers). The system doesn't mention it to me at all (no text or auto-spectate). Usually I notice that I have the ThC disabled just after the race when I go to pits and the system then doesn't allow me to enter the race (=auto-spectate).

It usually happens when I join after the race has started. Of course I don't always remember to put the ThC on when I join and the truth is revealed after the race.
Could you send me a replay when this happens next please?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG