The online racing simulator
Adjusting tire start temp
(24 posts, started )
Should have been possible to adjuste the temperature that u want to start a race with, ore qualify..
#2 - axus
Really? You can't do it in real life so why should you be able to in LFS? You can only keep tyres at a decent temp using those tyre blanket things, but in LFS tyres start at way above the ambient temp so I guess that's accounted for.
Quote from axus :Really? You can't do it in real life so why should you be able to in LFS? You can only keep tyres at a decent temp using those tyre blanket things, but in LFS tyres start at way above the ambient temp so I guess that's accounted for.

i think they do this in real life...

and it should be able to do individual temps off each tire
no, as axus said they just use tirewarmers

plus, the tires are warm at the beginning; just exit the pits and let your car sit for like 10 minutes and the tires will drop temperatures significantly
I think that in F1 they are using some kind of tire warming covers
It would be nice to see this option too in Live For Speed, maybe only for FOX, MRT, BF1 and FO8
Quote from axus :Really? You can't do it in real life so why should you be able to in LFS? You can only keep tyres at a decent temp using those tyre blanket things, but in LFS tyres start at way above the ambient temp so I guess that's accounted for.

Quote from XCNuse :no, as axus said they just use tirewarmers

plus, the tires are warm at the beginning; just exit the pits and let your car sit for like 10 minutes and the tires will drop temperatures significantly

Quote from tyyp88 :I think that in F1 they are using some kind of tire warming covers
It would be nice to see this option too in Live For Speed, maybe only for FOX, MRT, BF1 and FO8

Thrid time lucky?

The ambient temperature, so the air temperature of lfs, is if i remember correctly around 20 degrees. This means if you were to not have pre heated tyres then they would be around 20 degrees. As it is in LFS the tyres are pre warmed on ALL cars. They are obviously not at there optimum temperature but the are pre heated.

I don't see why not- different compound tires already start at different temperatures in LFS.
i guess you could do burnouts to get your tyres hotter?
#9 - wark
You should be able to start with colder tires (down to some compromise between track and air temps at least) if you want.
#10 - Gunn
Quote from tyyp88 :I think that in F1 they are using some kind of tire warming covers

In LFS the tyres are already heated to similar temps that tyre blankets achieve IRL.
Quote from kaokao :Should have been possible to adjuste the temperature that u want to start a race with, ore qualify..

yep it would stop a lot of T1 crashes, or at least a warmup lap so u cn get some heat into them
Quote from seinfeld :yep it would stop a lot of T1 crashes, or at least a warmup lap so u cn get some heat into them

T1 crashes have more to do with greasy minds than greasy tires.
true but im sure uve gone in a few kms to fast and the rear just goes bye bye, be nice to have hot tyres from get go
No, thats your fault for being an irresponsible, unaware twat.
#15 - axus
Cold tyres are a part of racing - they make the first few laps interesting. We'll probably get the option of warmup laps at some point. There's no reason to have anything more.
Quote from axus :Cold tyres are a part of racing - they make the first few laps interesting.

Not on a bloody bike they don't , cold tyres make for a scary darey first 3 laps
Last time I checked, tire warmers are actually used to warm tires up to or close to race temperatures. To not allow cars to start with nice and warm tires is in fact counterproductive to good, exciting racing.

Why? Because in races like NASCAR where tire warmers are banned, drivers with fresh tires are FORCED to resort to employ block and chop tactics to maintain position to maintain position after a tire change until the tires warm up. This potentially very dangerous and makes for a lousy show. Would you rather watch a silly blocking parade over a full on race for position?

Since LFS is a RACING simulator, cars should start each race race ready.
I disagree, tyres in LFS are pre-warmed to race temps already.

the road tyres in LFS are pre-warmed to 40Deg C, and the GTR/SS slicks are pre-warmed to 80Deg C, which I think you'll find is what race tyre warmers warm tyres IRL too.

They DO start race ready, if they didn't they'd be ambient temperature and would be a nightmare to drive on, don't let the blue/cold display on the tyre temp display fool you, LFS tyres ARE pre-warmed to race temps already.
The slicks are warmed to 60°C if I'm not totally wrong... but that not the point.

The point is that the tires are preheated and ready to drive on start. If there were more heated at the start there would be a high reason for instantly overheat them just when the race starts (XFR ***cough***).

On a side note: I'm not really sure if the road tires should be preheated at all, as they are more or less mounted on cars, which are meant to be road legal, and should use normal road tires you would use on normal cars. Or am I wrong here?
Quote from three_jump :The slicks are warmed to 60°C if I'm not totally wrong... but that not the point.

Big GTR's and the BF1 are 80Deg C pre-heated.

Quote from three_jump :On a side note: I'm not really sure if the road tires should be preheated at all, as they are more or less mounted on cars, which are meant to be road legal, and should use normal road tires you would use on normal cars. Or am I wrong here?

Good point , although on trackdays, at least with bikes, you do get road bikes with road tyres using tyre warmers, they are not expensive to buy
All the tires in LFS are heated to 20° below 'optimum', so R1 will be at 60°, R2 at 70° etc etc.

I also think road tyres should be cooler to start with - perhaps ambient for road normal, and a bit warmer for road super (implying a clubman tyre warmer or something)...
#22 - wark
Well, I just think you should be able to start out with black tires, or rather blacker (as opposed to blue) if you want. It would be better for some hotlaps as tires are overheating by the end of lap 1 on some tracks.
That's only due to stupidly unrealisitic tyre eating setups being used, can't really blame LFS for that.
#24 - wark
Notwithstanding, if you had a setup which ate tyres like that IRL, maybe you wouldn't turn your tyre blankets so high.

(24 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG