The online racing simulator
512x512 to 1024x1024
(9 posts, started )
512x512 to 1024x1024
Hey ppl!!!
Just a simple question....i guess...

I've just downloaded a bunch of skins but they all are in 512x512 and when i try to up them to lfsword it doens't allow me...it says that it MUST be in 1024x1024.
How can i change that?!

p.s. i just have Paint....

Thnks ppl
Where did you download a 'bunch of 512x512 skins' from? Just curious as skinners usually post up 1024 and occasionally 2048 skins.
Quote from Greboth :Where did you download a 'bunch of 512x512 skins' from? Just curious as skinners usually post up 1024 and occasionally 2048 skins.

it was on the XFG thread..i don't remember the name but it was there...
he had 2 packs os skins..
#4 - MR_B
Were they originally from his skins_X folder?
Quote from MR_B :Were they originally from his skins_X folder?

nop...i guess they were in some web allocation.

but...is there any way that i can change the resolution from 512 to 1024!? without "damage" the skin!?

by the away...what is the diference between "Skins folder" and "Skins_X folder"?!

Thanks ppl
nope...
not really, if you do then there is no point, they'd be just as blurry

must you upload them to LFSW though?
usually the skinners leave their skins up if they are good skins
With Photoshop. Select new page (1024x1024 and background Transparent or white and press ok) open your skin and paste to the 1024x1024 box and then resize and make it fit to the box and save as .... .jpg
Quote from Xarpas :nop...i guess they were in some web allocation.

but...is there any way that i can change the resolution from 512 to 1024!? without "damage" the skin!?

by the away...what is the diference between "Skins folder" and "Skins_X folder"?!

Thanks ppl

Skins folder you put the skins you want to use in game. When you go online and the automatic skin download it puts the files in skins_x. Good not to use skin's out of skins_x as only 512 and also because you dont know if it is private or not

Quote from okijuhans :With Photoshop. Select new page (1024x1024 and background Transparent or white and press ok) open your skin and paste to the 1024x1024 box and then resize and make it fit to the box and save as .... .jpg

Said they only have paint BUT yes you can do that with photoshop but the quality will be rubbish.

Best answer is to either
- Download some 1024 skins
- Ask the person who made the 512 skins if you can have 1024 version
- Post up the 512 skins asking for someone to remake at higher resolution (but make sure if you do this you say who made the original)
Quote from Greboth :Skins folder you put the skins you want to use in game. When you go online and the automatic skin download it puts the files in skins_x. Good not to use skin's out of skins_x as only 512 and also because you dont know if it is private or not

Said they only have paint BUT yes you can do that with photoshop but the quality will be rubbish.

Best answer is to either
- Download some 1024 skins
- Ask the person who made the 512 skins if you can have 1024 version
- Post up the 512 skins asking for someone to remake at higher resolution (but make sure if you do this you say who made the original)

THANKS m8!!!!!!

512x512 to 1024x1024
(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG