The online racing simulator
+1 for this idea, and maybe even a system to make the size variable in the skin file.

And in real life they have huge banners on the windscreen AND helmet. The only racing with a high angle going upwards would be mountain climbing, and I'm pretty sure the GTR's won't be used for those tracks...

Ohh, another reason why a bigger banner would be nice is because of the sun. I can't imagine that the people saying -1 would like to drive 250 kmph and have a bright sun in their face.
Quote from Sketchyrollin564 :-1

I guess im the only one who hates those big stickers on the top of the windshiled? I think they look stupid, and just make it harder to see out of the window. Why they are on real race cars? i have no clue. You would think that in a race car, youd want the most vision possible?

They are there because it reduces the glare from the sky and sun. Narrows the view out the windshield to assist the drivers focus by eliminating distractions (such as whizzing jets, Blimps etc). Mostly though its for glare reduction. I like them in Sims for just that purpose. Cutting out the sky I don't need to see, and narrowing my focus. In real race cars, there's the added bonus of being able to put a sponsor there, who will give you some nice Dollars or bits for the privelege.

+1 from me. I think its a good idea too.

V
i also just realized on the way home thinking about this, when you think about it, look how low the driver is sitting: http://www.supercarchallenge.nl/upload/spa2006/Nissan.jpg
in your own car, you can see a fair amount of the hood and whatnot, and have plenty of clearance over the wheel, but overall your CoG is much much higher than that of a racecar; whereas the driver in the racecar most likely can't see any hood at all

also you can even tell that that picture there supports what i said earlier, that when the drivers have their helmets on anyway you can't even see up that high until you run into your own helmet

i have an idea too... being able to put textures on the headlights +1
would be extraordinary nice in the LXs to get tape on the headlight glass
seems like a very good idea to me

i have to have a fairly deep sunstrip on my little track car. I have no flip down visors and because ive fitted buckets i now sit about 6" lower than the standard height. Most race cars sit the driver as low as possible to reduce the CoG and as a result have mahoosive sun strips. When on track, especially at this time of year, they are essential!
What is the point of tape on headlights? Ive seen it before, but like.... are they broken or somthing?
IF they break, the shattered pieces (usually plastic) stay taped to the car so there isn't debri on the track
its incase you have a little fender bender or a stone chip on your lights that cracks them, it helps hold the glass in place and stops the bits from falling onto the track and causing mayhem. Really you should extend the tape over the bonnet and bumper to hold it all in but most people just put a cross over the lights themselves. Ive lost count of the number of light units ive cracked and chipped on track!
Quote from Sketchyrollin564 :right, and if your around 5'8 or taller (im 5'11), you will notice that driving with sun visors (unless its that bright) are a pain in the arse, and just get in the way of your field of vision

I'm 6 foot tall and in the couple of GT cars I've sat in have all had the seat so low you hardly have any need to look at anything above the bottom half of the windscreen, backing off a tilted trailer was an interesting experience not actually being able to see anything other than sky. The window strip really doesn't create a problem.
Quote : i have an idea too... being able to put textures on the headlights +1
would be extraordinary nice in the LXs to get tape on the headlight glass

+1 for this too, would look very good

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG