The online racing simulator
Bigger Windscreen Banners! (for FZR, XRR & XFR)
I keep forgetting to mention this suggestion, but please please, on a few of the GTR cars, the windscreen banner is so tiny, it is hard even to get decent quality with a 1024 skin. PLUS, some of them are too thin to begin with, and you cannot fit a decent sponsor in this area sometimes. It is quite cramped.

These are the cars with really thin windscreens:
FZ50 GTR
XR GTR
XF GTR

If you look at most racing cars, it usually isn't as thin as these cars in LFS have. The FXR has a decent size, and that should be used as reference perhaps. I only ask that these banners have a bit more added to their height, to give more room, I've given some examples below.

Otherwise they are so thin, it just doesn't look right the way they are at the moment. But this request is more for skinners, allowing them to have more room for some sponsors. I've come across making numerous skins where I cannot make an accurate replica because this banner was too thin on the car (couldn't fit the sponsor all the way across).

The FZR has the thinnest banner of them all, it DEFINITELY needs to be bigger, just look how thin it is. Of course, you can't make it too big, so this is just an example. But the size of them should be increased a tiny bit (at least for the XRR and XFR), but the FZR needs a bigger one, no doubt.

The picture of the real Porsche below is an example of a sponsor you CANNOT fit on the FZR
Attached images
bigger_banners_please.jpg
shane lewis- steam-racing porsche.jpg
+1, nuf said
yep

i do think a small area near bottom right where muffler and rollbars are make a rectangle so the skinners themselves dont have to worry about trying to get the correct warp on them and whatnot
#5 - wark
For sure. One thing in life that looks more natural when it's bigger.
#6 - aoun
+1. Just common sence to have it lol.

I guess im the only one who hates those big stickers on the top of the windshiled? I think they look stupid, and just make it harder to see out of the window. Why they are on real race cars? i have no clue. You would think that in a race car, youd want the most vision possible?

Mabey an option to be able to choose banners between 3 sizes. Off, thin (what we have now), and thick (what you suggested). That would be cool!
Quote from Sketchyrollin564 :-1

I guess im the only one who hates those big stickers on the top of the windshiled? I think they look stupid, and just make it harder to see out of the window. Why they are on real race cars? i have no clue. You would think that in a race car, youd want the most vision possible?

I suppose most racers look at the track whilst driving, not the sky

+1
Quote from GFresh :I suppose most racers look at the track whilst driving, not the sky

+1

So because the track isnt as high up in your vision as a sky, the banner makes sence?

Sure doesnt make sence at all to me. Sure, if your on a flat track, then the banner isnt too bad, because the only thing its blocking is just the sky, but on hilly tracks, or hilly sections of the tracks, you really want to be able to see as much as possible.
#10 - Davo
Race cars don't have sun visors, instead they have windscreen banners.
Quote from Davo :Race cars don't have sun visors, instead they have windscreen banners.

right, and if your around 5'8 or taller (im 5'11), you will notice that driving with sun visors (unless its that bright) are a pain in the arse, and just get in the way of your field of vision

All the skins have to get modified. It looks good how it is now.
Quote from Sketchyrollin564 :right, and if your around 5'8 or taller (im 5'11), you will notice that driving with sun visors (unless its that bright) are a pain in the arse, and just get in the way of your field of vision

and just remember that this is a game, it's not really you sitting in the GTR

Quote from Anathema :All the skins have to get modified. It looks good how it is now.

People make new skins all the time, it'll be no biggie

why not
#14 - Davo
Quote from Sketchyrollin564 :right, and if your around 5'8 or taller (im 5'11), you will notice that driving with sun visors (unless its that bright) are a pain in the arse, and just get in the way of your field of vision

Yes it can get bright, and there's plenty of view. I'm 6'2.
Quote from Xalies :and just remember that this is a game, it's not really you sitting in the GTR

Your point?

You still need to be able to see clearly.
#16 - Gunn
I think the FXR banner is too big and the FZR is too small, but there will always be some decal or logo that won't fit no matter what size we have.

Just a few more pixels wouldn't go astray on the tighter ones and add a visor for the UFR too, I reckon.
#17 - Davo
Do you look at the sky when driving?
You guys can stop arguing about having windscreen banners or not, that isn't the point. They were put there by the devs in the first place to recreate how a racecar would actually look, I highly doubt they'll remove them.

But I do think that with enough support for this suggestion, a change can be made. Afterall, people had to change helmet skins when a visor was added to that, it's not so bad. The game always improves anyways, and there will always be stages when skins need to be updated according to some new mapping, because... LFS's skinning techniques aren't perfect, and the devs know that.
Quote from Sketchyrollin564 :So because the track isnt as high up in your vision as a sky, the banner makes sence?

Sure doesnt make sence at all to me. Sure, if your on a flat track, then the banner isnt too bad, because the only thing its blocking is just the sky, but on hilly tracks, or hilly sections of the tracks, you really want to be able to see as much as possible.

^that
i doubt most drivers even see them anyway with their helmets on

its not a matter of them being there or not.. they're going to be there period, there's no stopping that from happening

dunno tweak, but the problem with yours compared to the real ones, is they should taper off on the sides, and it should be higher in the center
(but i see that all that you did was a 2 second photoshop job so i wont ramble off on that)

by the way rollin, have you ever been on a real track? if you've ever noticed, there is not one single time when the angle of a hill is so great at a single instant that you wouldn't be able to see out of the windshield, the only time i can think of would be on a rally stage, but those cars are high off the ground and made for it, race cars are not, they dont have to much tollerance for high hill angles

and the most well known track that i know of with a high altitude change would be Spa, and if you look at that on GTR (i remember from the demo) any driver would have no problem at all to see that hill because the track slopes upward for a while, and smoothly levels off again, no hard angles there that would prevent you from seeing
+1 for larger

+1 for the rear strip

+1 for an option to turn either off int he colors menu, (if you can take the top off of a UF1 you can make polygons clear)
#22 - Dru
Quote from KeiichiRX7 :+1 for larger

+1 for the rear strip

+1 for an option to turn either off int he colors menu, (if you can take the top off of a UF1 you can make polygons clear)

+1 to all the above

Also how come the UFR doesn't have a strip or name plate in the rear qtr window?

Seriously, have you ever watched real-life racing? Windscreen banners can cover up to half of the windscreen area. Couple of examples:

http://www.supercarchallenge.nl/upload/spa2006/Nissan.jpg
http://www.rfmsports.com/OtherNews/RickPearson.jpg
http://www.thegrid.co.uk/index ... al-Rydell-Mondeo-BTCC.jpg
http://www.sgpmotorsport.co.uk ... ent/uploads/seat-btcc.jpg
http://www.seatsportuk.co.uk/s ... ary/template_23202621.jpg

And a bonus:
http://www.universalmodels.tv/ ... estimonials/files/56.jpeg
(if you look close enough you can see a windscreen banner in the background)

+1 for Tweak's suggestion. It's simply more realistic.
I think it should even be possible the set this dynamically, by using the lfs damage system to move he vertices a bit
That way, everyone could set it as he wants...

+1 anyway
Quote from Sketchyrollin564 :Your point?

You still need to be able to see clearly.

Exactly, so having the full whack of Sun in your eyes isn't going to help either is it? I think your forgeting that in a race car you're sitting very low. I'd be surprised if drivers even notice it while they are racing.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG