The online racing simulator
Serial skinning
(16 posts, started )
Serial skinning
Paint my ride
Our company's just secured a good sized contract with Corgi Toys to provide the special photochromic pigments for this new kids toy;

http://toyology.typepad.com/pl ... le/2007/02/paint_job.html

The pigments in the plastic car are activated by a tiny LED torch in the near-uv range which fade back to clear (white) after about 30 minutes.

These will be in the shops soon. Remeber, you saw it first here!

Hint: Store the car in the fridge and the colours will be brighter for longer. But please mind the butter.
Cool stuff. Never knew you worked in that kind of industry.
that's pretty cool. what options do those of us in the states have? are they going to be sold here, if not, online ordering?
#4 - TiJay
Ricer

Seriously though, cool toy.
Quote from glyphon :that's pretty cool. what options do those of us in the states have? are they going to be sold here, if not, online ordering?

They're going up in Walmart in a couple of weeks. Europe a couple of months later.
sweet. i'll keep my eyes out for it
Any chance of a few gallons of the stuff to paint MY car with please?
I'd be glad to sell you some. The pure pigment powder sells for upwards of £12 to £80 per gramme. It goes a long way though.
Now how much would you like?
#9 - nihil
Funny... Was just thinking about skinning. Was looking at this, thinking about the bosozuko thread, and wondering, "How wrong is it of me to really want this car?!"

And should I just settle for knocking out a Calder skin for the XRT?

This is fun too: http://www.bmwworld.com/artcars/70_stella.jpg
i love the graph paper one. There was another bmw with a map all over it - sparked my first ever skinning activity, sticking a map on a dodge viper in that great old Viper Racing game
lol, i have some of those cars from when i was 3 years old (older cars then ) it went purple in the refridguator(or smthn like that :P) and other color when it came out
Quote from al heeley :They're going up in Walmart in a couple of weeks. Europe a couple of months later.

I don't go to Walmart... but I want one of those things!
sweet.. if you know those shake-n-go racers, my dad loves his (they are pretty cool for a while actually), i bet he'd be interested in this too

unsure about the 300C, but a muscle car would be cool
There should be photochromic windshields. That way when you drive during the day, your windows tint to block out the brightness of the sun.
#15 - JTbo
Quote from al heeley :I'd be glad to sell you some. The pure pigment powder sells for upwards of £12 to £80 per gramme. It goes a long way though.
Now how much would you like?

Umm, cocaine is around £40-50 gramme usually. Oh moment that was not powder you were talking from

Weird what kind of toys there is today, I had only few lego bricks, hmm
Quote from wheel4hummer :There should be photochromic windshields. That way when you drive during the day, your windows tint to block out the brightness of the sun.

We've been down that route. Trouble is, in bright sunlight all day, the photochromic effect over a large area like a windshield, which also gets quite hot, starts to fatigue. It's ok for sunglasses where you'll get a year or two of use before the effect fades, or for toys, but greenhouses and windshields it's not yet practical.
We did get involved in a project about 3 years ago putting them into the tear-strips in Schumacher's crash helmet visor, to help counter glare and changing weather conditions mid race, but nothing came of it in the end.
That could have been a nice little earner.

Serial skinning
(16 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG