The online racing simulator
Server Problem
(12 posts, started )
Server Problem
Server denied connection - why ? after the Race i lost the Connect to the Silver/Gold Server and i have the Problem now. Can u help me ?
You know when you tried to get in the car and it said you cant use those driver aids? And you recall when you laughed at the system by unsetting them and joining the race and then setting them on again?

The system had the last laugh . It laughs for 24 hours, then you will be able to get back on
Hmm, I drive with the Momo Racing steering wheel with pedals VPP and they have three pedals because I always go only with coupling. Many thanks for the info see u
#4 - SamH
Hmm... reads pretty harsh, Becky.

I think it's probably appropriate to point out that we've had a plethora of emails from people who've been auto-banned from the servers recently, reading along the lines of..
Quote :the server wont let me join coz i didnt no i wunt allowd 2 uz auto gears and wen i joind an it wunt let me and i turnd em of and joind an turnd em on agen and it went an band me can i b unband coz ur sistem sux if knot

..so while I understand where on the tether Becky's at (nearing the end), it's probably a good idea to put it all in context
I don't like the idea that people try to cheat the system by switching the aids back on again and I think the 24 hr ban is adequate punishment. They know that the're not playing a straight game with others, and who on earth uses autogears ? Is it really so much effort to change gear ? That's actually a large part of simulating the act of driving a car. I thought that the higher ranked drivers should at least be able to change gear for themselves and of course they can.

However, I sympathise with Scorpion as he uses a system (if I understand this correctly) where he de-clutches for himself. I don't see a simple answer to this one other than to revert back to the way it was. I quite like it the way it is now though
#6 - SamH
I'll be honest, I don't understand him too well but I'm trying

The server allows for all legitimate configurations that I'm familiar with, including manual clutch with sequential shifter (the scenario being described I think). The only thing you can't use, gears-wise, is auto gears. That won't be being revised at any point, AFAIK.
Quote from SamH :Hmm... reads pretty harsh, Becky.

I think it's probably appropriate to point out that we've had a plethora of emails from people who've been auto-banned from the servers recently, reading along the lines of..

..so while I understand where on the tether Becky's at (nearing the end), it's probably a good idea to put it all in context

Not harsh. Appropriate. Coddling the stupid does not help, whereas harshness may, just may, humiliate them into proper behavior. If not, then a moderate amount of chlorine should be introduced into their gene pool. This equates, in computer gaming terms, as banning them from a server.
I use neither autogear, nor couples the play for me - quite simply I also go as well as a right car - speaks with foot coupling and H Stifter - it is this - now if I am not allowed to do this and am expelled, therefore, of the server, this is just in such a way. Only strangely I find it, nevertheless, this if something so installed is and one gets no tips, then this makes me pensive
Quote :Only strangely I find it, nevertheless, this if something so installed is and one gets no tips, then this makes me pensive

The server warns you of any illegal aids when getting into the car. Currently it is not possible to detect if a player changes their driving aids whilst in the car - but it is possible to detect the change at the end of the race.

On the basis that the driving aids a person wants to use are in their player profile it seems reasonable that the warning (and indeed auto-spectate) is given when getting into the car, and then if the driver (undetected) then changes their aids they are doing so to get around the detection system, so a 24 hr ban is given at the end of the race.
Quote from Skorpion :I use neither autogear, nor couples the play for me - quite simply I also go as well as a right car - speaks with foot coupling and H Stifter - it is this - now if I am not allowed to do this and am expelled, therefore, of the server, this is just in such a way. Only strangely I find it, nevertheless, this if something so installed is and one gets no tips, then this makes me pensive

are you using some translator to post these messages? some words don't seem to really fit in there. if yes, post the original german as well somewhere in small so I can understand what you say
Yea, some clarification would be good but I think what he's saying is that he's using an H shifter (not a sequential shifter) with a clutch so his car is set up like a proper car. Is the software not detecting this configuration and therefore booting him ?
#12 - SamH
If that's his configuration, the software won't boot him. It must be something else. Unfortunately, I can't make anything intelligible of his sentences.

If there were a problem, and a non-auto configuration isn't catered for, I'm sure we'd have heard about it long before now. The software's been used for months, and the logic employed on the first day hasn't changed in this respect.

Until we understand our friend, I'm stuck for ideas

Server Problem
(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG