The online racing simulator
Fuel hazard light
(37 posts, started )
yes..thats how we do it in shifterkarts..no gauges just how much fuel we burn per lap
gulf coast karting challenge champ.
WKA kart champ
i would love to see this introduced. *sigh* the number of times i drove around a track on low fuel thinking "ye, i can squeze one more lap outta this thing, then ill pit" and what happens? my car coughs, splutters and rolls to the side of the road.......

Frenchy
#29 - JTbo
Hmm, I did fix my fuel warning light last year, sure it is handy thing and with LFS would be even more handy as needle is perhaps linear and that is not good at all, first 5% should be much larger change and warning light should come when 8l fuel is left or something like that in XRG.

+1 thing
#30 - wark
+1 just no noise!
Quote from pasibrzuch :Yeah it is strange. race cars have many gauges so why not fuel level?

Good question. I don't know for sure, but I believe it's because it would be hard to get an accurate reading anyway given the constant sloshing about of the fuel under cornering.
Nowadays ECU know how much fuel was given. If you know how much was on the start, you can precisily know actuall fuel level from ECU.
Quote from pasibrzuch :Nowadays ECU know how much fuel was given. If you know how much was on the start, you can precisily know actuall fuel level from ECU.

Yup - I routinely make my Dad's Audi think I'm doing 999mpg
Whilst the ECU is quite accurate at times, the errors would make it unreliable after a while, so a tank sender is still important, whether for racing or for road use.
+1 for the fuel light, how many times werent i stuck because i was out of fuel... now i take lots of fuel with me wich slows me down(if possible)
On the real cars - A1GP IRL does not have fuel gauges.
Quote from LFSn00b :How about a fuel light, which beeps when you have only 5% left?

beeps?

No beeps please, that* makes me happy =)

Just a normal gauge for road cars would be fine (only the last few percentages should be more widened).

*that=no beeps
I agree that the dash board needs more work! In fact, we don't only need a fuel light, i'd go with hyperactive's idea, make something more realistic... what car has a round yellow light to indicate you're indicating? I think it should come with the eventual new car interiors, but... what?... no, I said nothing!

Fuel hazard light
(37 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG