The online racing simulator
Very weird graphics problem
(5 posts, started )
I'll say now that this is very hard to explain without the help of pictures, unfortunately the only camera I have is my phone and its phenomenonally bad.

Anyway I started noticing some problems when browsing the web. Sometimes on a webpage small parts of the graphics or text will flicker either bright red and/or blue, it follows the pattern of pixels though. For example white text on a black background, someimes a part of a word will flicker red or blue.

Its not the monitor as when I scroll the page the flickering moves with the page. Its also the same when using either Firefox or IE7, so I doubt its the browser. Also screenshotting the screen and viewing it fullscreen doesnt produce the same problem

This leads me to beleive it might be the graphics card . Its a 6600GT, Zalman cooled and has never got too hot (above 60 degrees). Its powered fine etc, and, I've never experienced it in anything other than web pages, ie I never have any artificating problems in games or other graphics intense apps.

This may be a long shot but has anyone else ever had this type of problem before? Any suggestions to what it could be?

The screen is an Acer2051W btw, but I dont think thats too relevant.

Cheers.
have you tried using and old vid card or 1 from a friend or a different monitor??

else its some case cooling problem(heat causing hardware conflicts)
Never heard this before, but since this flickering happens only when you are surfing but not in other ocasions, it sounds like a software problem to me.

For start you can download portable firefox http://portableapps.com/apps/internet/firefox_portable and see if it happens there also.

Another action you could try is to download a Linux LiveCD distro like Knoppix or Ubuntu.
Burn the iso to a cd-rom and boot from it.

It installs NOTHING on your hard drive, it loads all the stuff in to ram so have no fear about your Windows installment.
#4 - bbman
Have you something running in the background that uses an overlay? I know when I watch a movie, the overlay sometimes shines through...
Quote from kiss me :have you tried using and old vid card or 1 from a friend or a different monitor??

else its some case cooling problem(heat causing hardware conflicts)

Good idea, I'll give that a go when I get home from uni this weekend.

Quote from KMSpeed : Another action you could try is to download a Linux LiveCD distro like Knoppix or Ubuntu.
Burn the iso to a cd-rom and boot from it.

I'll give that a go too, now you mention it, I think it may only happen in Vista :S I'll check if it does it on XP too.

Quote from bbman :Have you something running in the background that uses an overlay? I know when I watch a movie, the overlay sometimes shines through...

I know what you mean, and its a little bit like that, but nope.

(5 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG