The online racing simulator
#1 - MR_B
Assigning External Commands to the DFP
Good.... Morning(?) all

I'm feeling curious on this fine night, and I have been wondering if you can assign an external command to the DFP?

I ask this because I would love to be able to assign my push to talk button in Team Speak onto my DFP.

I did have a search of the forum, but the only thread I found had no replies and wasn't exactly polite...

Thanks in advance for any help you can give,

Kringle/Brad/MR_B/ etc etc
Well, if you can use the Logitech Profiler with your DFP, sure you can!
Assign a keyboard key to yout "push to talk key" on teamspeak, on the teamspeak program.

Then open the profiler, create a profile for LFS (or would you need a profile for the Teamspeak? dunno, try both) and then assign that same key to one of your wheel keys.

It should work...

Cheers.

ps: am i'm pretty sure that there's probably a better way of doing it but yeah, it can be done, they will inform you of how that is done, rest assured.
I don't know if you have to use the profiler for the DFP because of the rotation. I quit using the buggy profiler for the momo a long time ago. I use Joy2key.exe (google search it) for assigning buttons. It works nice.
I use Joy2Key to bind keypresses to buttons (for indicators), and ventrilo itself picks up my other button press for PTT. I too don't use the profiler.
I know from my experience that you have to set the button to a key that lfs/windows doesn't mind being held down. I originally set it to "#" but you get that noise when held it don of the invalid key press (kind of ringing, is there a name for it ) which meant your TS cut in and out so only key i found you could set it to easily was "Ctrl".

Edit to just set TS push to talk button as ctrl, and set in the profiler the button press to ctrl and as long as your profiler works it should work
#6 - Bean0
Quote from Greboth :I know from my experience that you have to set the button to a key that lfs/windows doesn't mind being held down. I originally set it to "#" but you get that noise when held it don of the invalid key press (kind of ringing, is there a name for it ) which meant your TS cut in and out so only key i found you could set it to easily was "Ctrl".

Edit to just set TS push to talk button as ctrl, and set in the profiler the button press to ctrl and as long as your profiler works it should work

That's pretty much what I had to do as well.

It's annoying that Ventrilo will accept a joystick/wheel button as the PTT key but Teamspeak won't :doh:

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG