The online racing simulator
Rigs of Rod
(122 posts, started )
Quote from JJ72 :can anybody manage to see the robot's front side?

I feel all but comfortable not know how it looks like. :/

Rotate the camera with the numpad "arrows", 2,4,6,8, i think 9 zooms out, 3 zooms in and 5 resets to standard chasecam.
Don, how many FPS did you had, when driving truck on truck on trailer on tractor

My FPS were already down, parking the Dakar one on the trailer and went for a ride with the tractor pulling them :P

Greets
http://www.psychoman.net/rodofrigs/ - I had some fun doing a tractor pull until I rolled the tow truck and broke the arms so I couldn't get it back onto all fou... sixes. So then I chose to go offroading
Some updates were done to the project. Much more trucks (including a car too - Police Dodge) and ability to fly a plane with full aerodynamics. Crazy stuff. Physics engine is 30% faster than before AFA I can tell.
yea version 0.29 has been released today.
the nicest new car - a Liebherr Crane.
its a monster
-Bump-

Version 0.31 has been released today. It now also has Boats (and a plane from a earlier Version).

http://rigsofrods.blogspot.com/

Edit: As soon as i enter a Boat i have about 10 FPS, even in 800x600x16. And the Water simulation is rubbish, i can't even drive in a straight line.
#32 - J.B.
Does anyone else find ROR undrivable because of a 180° deadzone in the steering?
Yes. I just use the keyboard.
yay finally
the water sim is great a bit simplified as far a waves go but works beautifully and pretty realistic
Have they been able to make it run properly on older machines?
e.g. Athlon 3000+ 6800GT 1Gb RAM?
Quote from Warper :

I found it on RSC, and it did blow my minds

Greets

What is RSC? I see it on skins somtimes, but i have no clue what it is. Im just stupid i guess?
#38 - JTbo
Quote from Sketchyrollin564 :What is RSC? I see it on skins somtimes, but i have no clue what it is. Im just stupid i guess?

Never ever heard from Race Sim Central? World largest sim racing 'community', yes well at least parts I have been involved has shown quite little community even there is large group of people and everything is huge, maybe it is because it is so slow and hardly working at all.
Figured I'd give it a bash, but the config utility just crashes right from the off ... ho hum.
#40 - JTbo
Quote from JamesK :Figured I'd give it a bash, but the config utility just crashes right from the off ... ho hum.

There is fix at main page for that...
Quote from farcar :Have they been able to make it run properly on older machines?
e.g. Athlon 3000+ 6800GT 1Gb RAM?

dude i can run the game fine on my crappy PC. It seems to get better with each release.

Athlon XP 2500 (1.8ghz), 1GB RAM, 128meg 9600XT.
#42 - JTbo
Quote from sil3ntwar :dude i can run the game fine on my crappy PC. It seems to get better with each release.

Athlon XP 2500 (1.8ghz), 1GB RAM, 128meg 9600XT.

A64 3200+(with 1MB cache) 1GB ram and 256MB Radeon X850XT, under 15fps if I tow something, can't really dream putting cop car into plane and fly as get only 5fps, going near any trailer kills fps too etc.

It seem to be that CPU is not enough powerful.
I run at 1024*768 @ 16 bit 60HZ. I have no AA or anything like that. Its all set to minimum and i can get about 30 FPS at least. Perhaps try setting the game to high priority when you push ctrl+alt+del.
#44 - JTbo
Quote from sil3ntwar :I run at 1024*768 @ 16 bit 60HZ. I have no AA or anything like that. Its all set to minimum and i can get about 30 FPS at least. Perhaps try setting the game to high priority when you push ctrl+alt+del.

Nope, no help at all, naturally all details at min. 12fps when trying to drive into that car trailer, 20 fps when towing that without car in it, when driving to bridge lot less. When walking by foot 150fps.

It just won't work for my hardware, completely unplayable even I should have better performance, odd, maybe need to write to guy who makes it?
Well, I got bored of it quite quickly. As a physics concept the car/plane/boat 'handling' leaves a lot to be desired, and as a bendy structure simulation everything is too floppy, bendy and weak... And there is a lot of stuttering - get in the plane on the runway and it sits there nicely oscillating, just like a real plane when experiencing no external forces...

Tried to pick a boat up on to a flat bed trailer, but I couldn't manage it (broke each crane). Tried to fly around, but the wings fall off to easily (and I'm a flight sim lover too), tried to boat around in the speedboat, but just jump left and right 90° over each swell.

Quite good fun for a while though.
#46 - JTbo
Oh, I tested 0.29b instead of 0.31, well only difference in performance is that in 0.31 I get only 40fps by foot and 15fps when towing something, if I try to drive car to trailer it is 8fps, so it runs even worse, greatly worse.

This latest version is totally unplayable, previous one was at least half playable at times, but this is completely impossible.
Quote from tristancliffe :Tried to fly around, but the wings fall off to easily (and I'm a flight sim lover too)

You can do an almost standing start with that thing, too. Just put full power, full flaps, release parking brake and there you go.
tristan just cant fly
i need to fly like a madman and acclerate that thing to 250-300 and pull it up to make the wings fail (this is not a sportplane, its a cargoplane which isnt meant to fly like a F15 ).
yea, framerate has dropped, for me i lost about 15 fps.
i guess ill just stick to 0.29 unless i want to drive boats

Rigs of Rod
(122 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG