The online racing simulator
Average FPS?
(50 posts, started )
Average FPS?
Is a average of 20 FPS good or bad?
very bad lol

normally the human eye sees somewhere around 25 fps, anything lower (even 25) it will be quite jumpy (unless you're in a dark room)

the eye however can normally perceive up to 50 fps in a lit room, beyond that its all seamless

i'd lower some settings and try to get atleast mid 30 fps, also, make sure unnecesary background programs are all closed
#3 - Venus
Decrease some of your LOD settings in Options/Gfx. That'll help alot. Especially Mirror, who needs high LOD in thier mirror. lol The top one controls track n car. So you'll get your most gain by reducing that.
#4 - CSU1
Quote from Kevin. :Is a average of 20 FPS good or bad?

I avg. 30 fps, ha ha

I kno, it sucks
i have avg about 70-80 its ok i guess !
20 fps sucks...check ur settings and or check if u have anti analising, anisotropic filtering on which can suck the frame rate down.
im for myself run with about 80 fps average.
#7 - th84
Yea, 20 is pretty bad. Im glad I dont have those anymore. I cap mine off at 100fps and prolly average somewhere around 80. (with all eye candy aa/af on max)
If it's a helpful benchmark, my computer is an A64 3000+, 1G RAM with an EAX1300PRO . . . it only dips below 90 if I have a lot of AI's in the game with me. But then it can dip into the 50s if they're all in view at the same time.
I have a 4 year old PC and I average 60-80fps, dropping to around 20 when surrounded by a full grid. Racing with a frame rate that is constantly that bad (20 fps)... must be impossible. Especially in the more slippery RWD cars.

Improve your hardware before you try to drive the LX6, that's what I'm trying to say.
like 25 here, On starts its very bad (5fps usually)
Pathetic FPS HELP!!!!!
Could someone please help me...

i have a good PC bout a year old and it runs LFS at bout 8 FPS thats right 8!!!! im not even going to atempt to play LFS at tht rate. i have tried everything in the formus to boost it but nothing makes a difference..! My computer is determined to keep it at 8!!!! please help:bannana_g
well, in order to help u we first need to know what system u have (CPU, GPU, RAM ect).
#14 - Sage
With programs running, I get around 50 - 60. When LFS is the only program running, I'll get about 75 up. On starts, anywhere from 10up, depending on what my computer's running, and the amount of people on the start.
All this talk about max/min/avg fps is really no use, imho, if the parameters are not clear and probably different for each person posting here. So, in order to really compare fps, I'd suggest to follow the link given by Moonclaw a few posts up, run it on your machine and upload it to the LFS Benchmark site. Than you can compare fairly well how your system compares to other similar systems.

Just my 2p.
Quote from Richie S :Could someone please help me...

i have a good PC bout a year old and it runs LFS at bout 8 FPS thats right 8!!!! im not even going to atempt to play LFS at tht rate. i have tried everything in the formus to boost it but nothing makes a difference..! My computer is determined to keep it at 8!!!! please help:bannana_g

We need to know all your computer Specs first because we can give you proper suggestions. Cpu/Ram/HDD/Video Card/Operating system etc

After we know that we can help you, Im even willing to remote into your computer and help you if thats the case and you got decent specs and should be getting higher FPS.

Ciao
[u]MY/[u] specs are...

Ram: 768mb
HDD: 36GB D:
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440 with AGP8X
Windows XP with service pack 2
Processor: AMD Athlon Xp 2000+
Computer: ACPI Uniporcessor PC
Quote from Kevin. :[u]MY/[u] specs are...

Ram: 768mb
HDD: 36GB (D
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440 with AGP8X
Windows XP with service pack 2
Processor: AMD Athlon Xp 2000+
Computer: ACPI Uniporcessor PC

Your problem has to do with the Video Card, it should not be that low but still.

Have you updated the drivers for your Video Card? Chipset also?
Do you know what motherboard you have?

Try these drivers for your video card, hopefully this will help with your problem. http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_93.71.html

Also when playing LFS make sure to close all programs other then LFS see if it helps.

Let me know the result.

Ciao
Every suggestion....

Failed.
Quote from Kevin. :Every suggestion....

Failed.

Make sure you got all your AA/AF settings on LOW/OFF.

Also not sure if that video card has a fan or not I cant remember but make sure the fan/heatsink is clean from dust.

Another thing to try is Update your motherboard drivers to the latest from the manufacture website.

Also try lowering the Resolution your playing LFS in.

Let me know if you get any improvment.

Ciao
How can I set AA/AF settings?
Quote from Kevin. :How can I set AA/AF settings?

Go into the settings for your video card so...

Right Click Desktop>Properties>Settings Tab>Advanced>Then click the Nvidia Tab>Looks for settings in there to do with AA etc.

I'm currently running an ATI Video card so I dont know the exact area for those settings.

Let me know if it helps.

Ciao
#23 - JTbo
Average is 60, that is also max and min fps I get

I have found out that it is much more pleasant when fps don't go up and down all time, when I had weaker system I set fps limit so that there was only few places where it did drop under limit.
Sometimes i run about 8-20 fps, and other times i run 90-100 And i dont even change any setting. I wonder why its so ranged?
Mine generally don't stray from the 90fps mark.

Average FPS?
(50 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG